I use to love blackberry and I still miss push notifications. Currently I'm using Sprint Google Nexus S with a raw Android OS no blot wear or manufacturer UI. It runs flawlessly compared to other Android devices I have owned like HTC EVO Samsung Epic HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO Shift. I do think that the other phones I mentioned are OK but blot wear and manufacturer UI kill the true Google Android experience and slows the down. I do believe that blackberry is a much more secure device but I'm not yet ready to go back. I am currently on Sprint and have played a little bit with the new blackberry devices. They seem pretty nice but are they solid with functionality? Just for the heck of it I just ordered the Sprint Apple 4s but I'm 99% sure it will be returned as Adobe Flash does not work on the iPhone. I really want to return to blackberry but I like the fast web browsing on the Sprint Nexus S Android. Has blackberry improved web browsing? I'm not here to start an argument but I really need input on user experience with the new blackberry devices with the new blackberry OS.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    10-12-11 07:22 AM
    Yes web browsing is blazing fast on the new OS 7 devices. It ranked just 1 second below the king, iOS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 07:26 AM
    I use to love blackberry and I still miss push notifications. Currently I'm using Sprint Google Nexus S with a raw Android OS no blot wear or manufacturer UI. It runs flawlessly compared to other Android devices I have owned like HTC EVO Samsung Epic HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO Shift. I do think that the other phones I mentioned are OK but blot wear and manufacturer UI kill the true Google Android experience and slows the down. I do believe that blackberry is a much more secure device but I'm not yet ready to go back. I am currently on Sprint and have played a little bit with the new blackberry devices. They seem pretty nice but are they solid with functionality? Just for the heck of it I just ordered the Sprint Apple 4s but I'm 99% sure it will be returned as Adobe Flash does not work on the iPhone. I really want to return to blackberry but I like the fast web browsing on the Sprint Nexus S Android. Has blackberry improved web browsing? I'm not here to start an argument but I really need input on user experience with the new blackberry devices with the new blackberry OS.

Thanks for your help.

Continue using your Nexus or the iPhone, you'll only continue to be disappointed with BB these days unfortunately (take a look around the forums for a bit).
    10-12-11 07:31 AM
    Continue using your Nexus or the iPhone, you'll only continue to be disappointed with BB these days unfortunately (take a look around the forums for a bit).
    Yes it is a bit disappointing right now but don't worry when these systems work then BB is very good as a tele-communications device. I love my 9930 dearly and this BIS incident hasn't etched a bit on my love for BB
    kbz1960 and menaknow like this.
    10-12-11 07:44 AM
    You ask if BB has improved? I used to be a die-hard. Now I am going to Apple. BIS is down this minute, I still need to do battery pulls, and the app store still is nothing to write home about.

Stay with what you have would be my advice. If you are really wanting a BB, get a 99XX, as it has a faster/better web browser than previous models (I use a 9780).

10-12-11 08:24 AM
    You ask if BB has improved? I used to be a die-hard. Now I am going to Apple. BIS is down this minute, I still need to do battery pulls, and the app store still is nothing to write home about.

Stay with what you have would be my advice. If you are really wanting a BB, get a 99XX, as it has a faster/better web browser than previous models (I use a 9780).

Ok if this has bothered you please move on. I don't think this has dented my like for BB

10-12-11 08:43 AM
    After having an iPad 2 for a few months now, you may not miss Flash as much as you think you will.

As to the current state of the Blackberry, I would wait until some time late next year to think about switching back. BB 7 is by all accounts nice, and I've heard the same about the devices that run it, but I'm afraid it's going to be a dead end. RIM is committed to bringing out QNX devices next year, and I suspect we'll see the old BB OS go EOL shortly thereafter. That's only going to make the app availability issue worse. Also, IMO, there is the issue of whether RIM's QNX handsets are going to be good to go out of the gate or released half-baked. Given recent history, I fully expect the latter I'm afraid. And finally there is the issue of whether RIM will survive, or how it will survive, over the next year or two. Their market share has been in free fall for a while and their last financial quarter was terrible. I don't expect the next one will look much better between falling market share in the US, the massive price cut on the Playbook, and the current BIS disaster that is affecting all of the markets where they actually see some growth. Sorry to seem all pessimistic, but I've seen this movie several times before (Palm, Nokia, and Windows Mobile).
    10-12-11 10:08 AM
    Ok if this has bothered you please move on. I don't think this has dented my like for BB

I will be leaving soon. iPhone 4s unlocked released next month.
    10-12-11 10:13 AM
    In my opinion it's the same old RIM. Took forever to launch their OS7 devices. Taking forever to get PlayBook basic functionality with 2.0.

I've been reading a lot of white screen errors and dead 9900s. Apps not updated for new OS. The new devices are an improvement...in RIM World...but they still lack many features other platforms have such as a front facing camera.

And of course there's another outage going on.

I haven't seen much change at RIM these past 4 years.

The OS7 devices look nice, and I may get one in a year when the bugs are worked out, and apps are compatible.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-12-11 at 10:34 AM.
    10-12-11 10:17 AM
    Are they improved?

Of course they are. They are even better now at making people annoyed and frustrated. They have it down to an art now.
    10-12-11 10:32 AM
    IIRC, there is an app called Skyfire for about 3 bucks that enables you to play flash video on iOS devices.
    10-12-11 10:36 AM
    i really like rim and the new devices the os 7 and see good things for their future and im hopeful for more
    10-12-11 11:40 AM
    Are they improved?

Of course they are. They are even better now at making people annoyed and frustrated. They have it down to an art now.
    This. Between this and being good at striving hard to compete with what the competition had 2 years ago, they're doing great.

Chrisy likes this.
    10-12-11 12:16 PM
    I really don't get it with the Apple fanboyz, I work for a large mobile phone company and our best selling phone is the blackberry by far; shifting hundreds a week in our store alone compared to about 1 iPhone a week!

Also taking both sets of sales into context, we seem to (on a ratio basis of phones sold) get a higher number of faulty iPhones than BB's; plus the BB's are just instantly replaced by RIM so for us gives a better customer experience compared to apples "genius bar", which I think is nicely summed up in the 'Human Centipad' episode of South Park, i.e. they can't see outside the frigging box and claim you need an iCrap to get another iCrap to work!

Apple just has smart marketing and bullsh1t ripoff prices, my android phone can play anything on my tv for free as can my playbook so I don't need to spend another �100+ like you need to do with Apple!
    10-12-11 12:31 PM
    I really don't get it with the Apple fanboyz, I work for a large mobile phone company and our best selling phone is the blackberry by far; shifting hundreds a week in our store alone compared to about 1 iPhone a week!
    You're also across the pond. BB sales and usage in other countries is higher than iPhones. In the USA, iPhone is #1 for a reason.
    10-12-11 12:44 PM
    To the OP, why not setup your Droid for push? What email are you using?
    10-12-11 01:26 PM
    I think with the OS7 device the browser have improved a lot.. But then blackberry is still missing some things that other phones already have and they need to strp up their game before they lose consumers

10-12-11 02:22 PM
    Keep in mind, BB phones don't have Flash capable browsers either. Only the Playbook does. BB OS7 devices have similar browser functionality as iOS 4/5.

10-12-11 02:33 PM
    I think with the OS7 device the browser have improved a lot.. But then blackberry is still missing some things that other phones already have and they need to strp up their game before they lose consumers
    Too late. They already have.
    10-12-11 03:45 PM
    I'm using gmail

10-13-11 01:48 AM
    Too late. They already have.
    They haven't lost me. Not for a long long mother****ing time.

10-13-11 02:49 AM
    As you'll find it most of these threads it's a lot of non-blackberry users hating on RIM endlessly, its so weird. RIM has improved immensely since they acquired TORCH and have a web browser comparable to iOS and Android, but if browsing is your main concern Android products offer the largest screens and support flash so they would be your best bet, as long as you don't care about security.
    10-13-11 03:17 AM
    As you'll find it most of these threads it's a lot of non-blackberry users hating on RIM endlessly, its so weird. RIM has improved immensely since they acquired TORCH and have a web browser comparable to iOS and Android, but if browsing is your main concern Android products offer the largest screens and support flash so they would be your best bet, as long as you don't care about security.
    Actually, there is a lot of hate both directions. Smug fanboys seem to show up from both camps. Given this is a BB site, you would expect most users to be a fan of BB. I am, but not a fanboy.

I see RIM's progress and I tip my hat. I just don't know if the general public in many areas notice it! I also see the progress in the other platforms, which is causing them all to look more alike in the areas of key features. The smug, hateful statements either way accomplish little.
    AZ87 and Chrisy like this.
    10-13-11 03:30 AM
    Lets face it, Android phones are and will continue to be the ones that continue to push the limit on tech specs. They vary in how well they work from model, carrier, manufacturer, and what each one's strengths and weaknesses are. Many Android phones have horrid battery life, are buggy, have varying interfaces from phone buttons, to touch based phones.

But I think everyone can agree despite the variations in quality in Android phones, they do really have the most complete web browsers. IOS5 will probably have the fastest but without flash support and believe it or not, the newer BB7 phones have actually closed the gap in browser speed and about as good as anything out there, minus the flash capabilities.

So I guess the differences between the major platforms are minimal these days. I personally prefer the Blackberries with excellent QWERTY keyboards, LED notifications, berry button, trackpad, touchscreen, good battery life, but those a minor nitpicked features I just really like on some BB phones.

Some may just love the intuitiveness and simplicity of the iOS, iTunes, and the most apps on iPhones. I hate the lack of QWERTY keyboard and annoying notifications.

Some love the Android phones with the full web, open OS, but lets face it, some are excellent devices others are garbage. Really have to do your homework before you get one and realize what is important to you since there are so many devices running Android. I would want one with a QWERTY keyboard, good battery, interface, but I have yet to see one built that way that I would take over my Torch 9800.

So I am thinking my next device will be a Bold type build or possibly a Torch type build (slider qwerty kb) running BBX or QNX or whatever they plan on calling it. But the BB7 phones are really good, my contract isn't up for another 10 months though or I would get the Bold 9930 in a second or maybe the Torch 9810...
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-13-11 04:32 AM
    [QUOTE=AZ87;6758080]As you'll find it most of these threads it's a lot of non-blackberry users hating on RIM endlessly, its so weird. RIM has improved immensely since they acquired TORCH and have a web browser comparable to iOS and Android, but if browsing is your main concern Android products offer the largest screens and support flash so they would be your best bet, as long as you don't care about security.[/QUO

All the Android amd Iphone users on this forum are ex BlackBerry users. We actually can give comparisons of the the devices. Some of us even use both! It's not about hate. It's our opinion, as was asked for by the OP. Most of us don't just blindly bash RIM. We give reasons why we switched, and what would make us switch back.
    10-13-11 05:46 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD