You have to remember the source of that quote, from some guy just trying to get attention (which he did), and people ran with it. As for living up to the "hype", i'd say outside of CB, to those people who really didn't know much about it and therefor didn't really have any expectations, i'd say it has. For those CB diehards who've been waiting for this since it was first announced, i'd say probably not, seeing's how expectations were probably too high.

I think once BB10 gets some more apps, it will bring in more users, as right now, the app selection is still pretty paltry in comparison to the other 2 established OS's.
    I know that gets attributed to the Twitter account who shall remain nameless - however in this case it's not accurate. The twitter account and some others were quoting this direct quote from Frank Boulben in a Fierce Wireless account - he's had plenty of time to say he was misquoted, that hasn't happened so it's direct from the BB CMO:

"The RIM CMO said BB10 will launch with at least 70,000 applications and has strong developer support. RIM has been targeting the top 600 apps in major markets and Boulben said that BB10 will support roughly 90 percent of those apps"

From this story dated January 8, 2013: RIM to hit multiple price points with range of BlackBerry 10 devices - FierceWireless
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-17-13 12:15 PM
    For me....yes. Yes it has.

Absolutely love the keyboard and typing experience, the browser is as good as advertised, camera is more than adequate despite what some people are claiming (I have a digital camera for any event that I want or need anything better), the hub truly works as expected and makes social network interaction fast and simple.

Contacts transferring for me was no issue. Battery has become a lot better with time. Phone lasts over 12 hours now with moderate use. Can't expect much more!

Not to beat a dead horse, but the only negative is aps and my lack of friends who still use a blackberry. Hoping time will change both of these

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 12:27 PM
    The browser is very good. See my speed test at

Certainly very happy with it and will be better with more apps
    02-17-13 01:01 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Oh Yeah! And then some!
    02-18-13 02:04 AM
    Very solid device. All it needs is big app names in.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:59 AM
    For me - it has exceeded my expectations. As someone else posted - i keep trying to use the keyboard shortcuts on my pb.

It won't be for everyone. I remember when the iphone first came out. I didn't like it at all. To me it didn't have the functionality I would expect in a phone and I didn't need a toy that expensive. It all depends on your point of view.
    02-18-13 09:02 AM
    I love my Z10. The hub, peek, and flow experience is great. The keyboard word flick is also great.

There's definitely features that are not currently present (like USB Outlook sync via link, loss of bridge functionality with my PlayBook) and some minor bugs that are already being worked addressed. As time goes by the features, apps, and content will only grow.

I showed it to my teenage niece yesterday and she thinks it is awesome and wants one so that is a good sign. If the kids think it is cool, that is a good thing.

In my opinion for version 1 of a device it does live up to my expectations. If you sit back and think about what BlackBerry have done given the amount of work required and the financial pressure they were under, it is amazing. If they had unlimited funds to hire programmers they could have done everything. I think they did a good job of focusing on getting the base functionality and the enterprise part of the software sorted to be able to replace enterprise devices right away and keep BES fees etc coming into the company.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 10:42 AM
    I don't yet have the Z10, just waiting for my current contract to end. But I've used one and its awesome. Regarding apps, there's plenty to go around and the more companies realize BlackBerry 10 is the best, the more apps we will see for it. The Z10 is currently the best smart phone out. Better than the HTC One which looks like they copied the Z10 and better than the Galaxy IV coming soon. Android doesn't stand a chance against BB10 and it's powerful QNX RTOS.
    02-20-13 04:54 AM
    Yes! A quantum leap forward and worth the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:14 AM
84 ... 234