Thats odd... I use GMail and haven't gotten anything to my BB...

Is it only BlackBerry email accounts?
    08-13-08 06:54 PM
    I have not seen any of these spam messages getting into the blackberry.net accounts, so I don't think it is BB servers getting hacked. I believe someone out there has found a way to get things past the email service spam filters.
    I have 8 email accounts to deal with (yeah, I know, it sucks), and I run 5 through my BB. All 5 of them on my BB are getting spammed every day now (as of this past week). The 3 that are not on my BB are not getting any spam, and they are on the same domains, mail servers, etc, just not on my BB. That's not necessarily proof that their servers were hacked into, but it is very suspicious.
    08-13-08 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the information. I know that something is up because I have never gotten spam prior to this. I am sure it has something to do with registering these on bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 09:21 PM
    no spam msgs for me, but maybe thats because i use a spam application
    08-13-08 09:56 PM
    no spam msgs for me, but maybe thats because i use a spam application
    You need to try the new Bacon Spam

08-13-08 10:06 PM
    It's definitely a BlackBerry problem. I have been getting these "Energy" spam emails since Saturday. I have a "ghost" email address (one I never use and unknown to anyone) setup on my BIS and EVERY email address I have registered with BIS - including the "ghost" address is receiving the exact same type of "Energy" spam. None of my email addresses that are not registered with BIS are receiving this spam. BlackBerry, sort it out please.
    08-14-08 08:22 AM
    Add another to the list! I've also been receiving the energy spams too. Always from a different email addy but the msg seems to be the same.

Coul it be from an installed app? Started just after Iinstalled Viigo, Google Maps and Mini Opera
    08-14-08 08:45 AM
    It's not from any installed apps, my BlackBerry has no apps other than what was pre-installed.
    08-14-08 08:55 AM
    I get spam at home so its just pushed to my BB

08-14-08 09:27 AM
    Clnock -- good idea for the ghost address. This proves my theory. Something / someone has got our email addresses from bb or verizon bis servers !

I don't think it has anything to do with programs. No changes here for me either.
    I have not received any of the messages the last couple of days.

08-14-08 11:04 AM
    An employee probably sold the email list, it happens sometimes.
    08-14-08 12:04 PM
    How do we figure out where to start ???

08-14-08 12:05 PM
    It's not a Verizon problem, this has happened at RIM. I'm on T-Mobile and a colleague who also has the same SPAM problem is with O2. I haven't had any today, but then our email servers have been down all day at work. Surely something can be done about this? RIM can't get away with leaking e-mail addresses, surely? I've had some very angry emails from clients whos corporate accounts I monitor with the BlackBerry (through BIS and IMAP) as part of my job asking why I've allowed their accounts to receive SPAM mail.
    08-14-08 12:10 PM
    You need to try the new Bacon Spam

That is just wrong... and It's not just Verizon I'm on Alltel, looks to be a variety of carriers, has to be something with RIM.
    08-14-08 12:30 PM
    No spam like that on any of my email addresses.

08-14-08 02:01 PM
    No spam like that on any of my email addresses.
    No SPAM here either. Maybe Sprint has done something right
    08-14-08 02:27 PM
    I haven't gotten any spam on the accounts associated with my VZW Blackberry, other than the usual.
    08-14-08 04:20 PM
    OOoo this is so funny because on my gmail account I have never gotten once piece of spam until just this past weekend and it has been the same "energy" or "stock" spam with broken english. I have not noticed it on my other BB e-mail account because it goes through my work and they have excellent spam filters. Fortunately once I marked the first message as spam they all went to my spam folder. Not to mention I only got a few but it was still surprising.
    08-14-08 04:55 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD