*NOTE: Sorry for double posting, but I posted my last one very late at night, so I don't think it got the traffic to get more than one response.*

I was horrified to find a very thin, but long scratch all the way accross my brand new Curve's screen. I tried the so called, toothpaste trick, which gave me no luck. So I continued my research only to find several products with great reviews. Among these products was Novus.

Here is an Amazon.com link to the product page:
    Amazon.com: Novus Polish Kit, Plastic Polish & Scratch Remover, 8 oz: Automotive

You can read some reviews on the product there. I found that "Number 3" seems to be too harsh for a Berry's screen, says not to use on soft plastics or eye glasses on one website, so I found this page selling only 1 and 2.

Novus Plastic Polish and Scratch Remover Kit

It seems pretty legit, and that it would work great. I read about some people using it on the piano black housing of the PS3, and they said it worked great. I've also heard TV screens, Headlights, and camera LCDs.

So basically, I'm asking if anyone has ever used it. Does it work good if so?

*NOTE: I'll post pics/results when it comes in. My sister said I could test it on her enV first, so don't be surprised if there are non-Berry pics as well.
    04-15-09 06:47 PM
    anyone? come on!
    04-15-09 06:52 PM
    I say buy a new lens cover, i dropped mine a few monts ago and cracked the lens. I bought a new one fron Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, Panasonic, Motorola, HTC, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Apple, for like $5.00. The lens cover is basically a sticker, it peels off, the LCD screen is behind that. I peeled mine off with my bare hands, no problem. I applied the new adhesive sticker, pressed on the new lens cover and like new she was...
    04-15-09 06:53 PM
    I say buy a new lens cover, i dropped mine a few monts ago and cracked the lens. I bought a new one fron Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, Panasonic, Motorola, HTC, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Apple, for like $5.00. The lens cover is basically a sticker, it peels off, the LCD screen is behind that. I peeled mine off with my bare hands, no problem. I applied the new adhesive sticker, pressed on the new lens cover and like new she was...
    Do you mean like the LCD lens? Like the whole black part and screen? Cause taking that off is what broke my old phone. I'm way to clumsy with repairs. End of story.
    04-15-09 06:58 PM
    I've used the Novus products on the winshield of my Harley and they work great. Haven't tried it on my Curve yet, but it has crossed my mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:58 PM
    I've used the Novus products on the winshield of my Harley and they work great. Haven't tried it on my Curve yet, but it has crossed my mind.

May I ask did you use 3 or 2 on the windshield?
    04-15-09 07:02 PM
    No, when you peel off the lens cover the LCD is naked, you don't need to touch it, apply the new adhesive sticker to the inside of the new lens cover, make sure no dust is on the lens or LCD, and press the lens cover on, it has tabs at the top so it lines up, piece o' cake...
    04-15-09 07:02 PM
    No, when you peel off the lens cover the LCD is naked, you don't need to touch it, apply the new adhesive sticker to the inside of the new lens cover, make sure no dust is on the lens or LCD, and press the lens cover on, it has tabs at the top so it lines up, piece o' cake...
    Yup, that's what i did last time. But im dumb enough to mess up something that simple. it wasn't quite my fault though. It didn't seal in oen corner directly, resulting in dust under the screen, and a crack in the phone.
    04-15-09 07:06 PM
    Gotcha, give the Novus scratch remover a shot then. Worth a try...
    04-15-09 07:10 PM
    May I ask did you use 3 or 2 on the windshield?
    Sure you can ask, it was 2.

04-15-09 07:20 PM
    If the scratch is not too deep slap a BSE on that bad boy. The
    scratch will vanish and you will be protected from future ones.
    04-15-09 08:35 PM
    That is a good idea AG, see, now you have a few options OP...
    04-15-09 08:40 PM
    She's not allowed to replace the lens, not after the last ordeal. Go for the screen protector.
    04-15-09 09:49 PM
    I'm very interested to see how this product works out for you! I've been considering the options as to how to make mine look brand new again. I think in my situation I'd benefit most from a whole new outer case but the thought of taking my berry apart scares the ish outta me! I'll keep an eye on your thread so plz make sure to let us know how it works. When do you expect to receive this magic polish?
    Btw- I love miley too

04-15-09 11:17 PM
    I was horrified to find a very thin, but long scratch all the way accross my brand new Curve's screen. I tried the so called, toothpaste trick, which gave me no luck. So I continued my research only to find several products with great reviews. Among these products was Novus.
    Plastic polish / scratch removal kits for clear plastic, should NOT to used by anyone in a hurry.

Things like plastic screens on a cell phone should be REMOVED from the phone first, to prevent messing up the finish on the case.

Make certain the lens and the scratch are CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN before you start, especially if you are using a scratch filler, as any crap in the scratch when you start with a filler, will be trapped there forever plus infinity.

If you get such a kit, follow the directions to the letter, and take your time.

For the most part what you will be doing is wearing the plastic around the scratch, down to the level of the scratch. Or using a filler to fill the scratch up to the level of the plastic around it, and then polishing it all to hopefully make the scratch less noticeable.

You might want to try one of those scratch filler kits for plastic prescription glasses. They do work, but normally you can still tell where the filler was applied.

Google found this one
    Lens Doctor CPR - Lens Doctor Lense Eyeglass Scratch Repair
    Last edited by BlkBear; 04-15-09 at 11:53 PM.
    04-15-09 11:48 PM
    I think I will test the Novus on my old iPod as well, although I think the screen on that is more of a glass type. But I have the worst luck installing screen protectors, because originally I did put one on to try and hide it (I ended up taking it off due to dust and bumps) and it worked. So for now I'm just gonna try the Novus and hope it works out.
    04-16-09 08:06 AM
    When do you expect to receive this magic polish?
    Btw- I love miley too

Monday the 20th.
    And Miley is the best, so everyone should love her. How old are you?
    04-16-09 09:40 AM
    Good idea to test it FIRST, this way you'll see how effective it is. Might not be a bad idea to just live with the sratch and get a screen protector to prevent future damage.
    04-16-09 09:43 AM
    Good idea to test it FIRST, this way you'll see how effective it is. Might not be a bad idea to just live with the sratch and get a screen protector to prevent future damage.
    I'm testing it on a CD Cover, my sisters enV, my iPod, than if it all works out, My phone!
    04-16-09 01:40 PM
    I'm just saying, I'm really surprised that no one has tried it before! And for those of you who are wondering, Novus 2 is a super-light abrasive, so it will not be filling it in.
    04-16-09 01:58 PM
    I know the stuff your talking about. I have use a similar product but it was under the Mothers brand name. It worked great on finer scratches. I actually use it for my car when I detail it. Just use a microfiber cloth to put it on and take it off. Use it VERY sparingly. It is better to do it two or three times then glob on a bunch at the start. Oh, and try to keep it off the side rails it may just make them a little bit discolored. Best part is you can buy it at Pep Boys for like 3 bucks. Always makes my screen look like the day I unboxed it.
    04-16-09 02:18 PM
    I know the stuff your talking about. I have use a similar product but it was under the Mothers brand name. It worked great on finer scratches. I actually use it for my car when I detail it. Just use a microfiber cloth to put it on and take it off. Use it VERY sparingly. It is better to do it two or three times then glob on a bunch at the start. Oh, and try to keep it off the side rails it may just make them a little bit discolored. Best part is you can buy it at Pep Boys for like 3 bucks. Always makes my screen look like the day I unboxed it.
    Thanks for the advice/input! It's always nice to have someone back you up.
    04-16-09 08:22 PM
    Okay guys, I can't wait to post my first in depth thread (well, my first in depth thread with a POINT) with pictures and all! I can finally be one of those helpful people, and who knows, maybe this stuff will really work great!
    04-16-09 08:24 PM
    Monday the 20th.
    And Miley is the best, so everyone should love her. How old are you?
    I'm 28. I have a daughter who adores Miley and that's certainly how I know so much about her. I think Mileys a great role model. And I have to admit even after my daughter got out of the car this morning I kept rockin to the new movie soundtrack. Loved the movie, love the cd. Miley rocks!

So sweetheart how's the scratch remover working out?
    04-22-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD