I have heard this is quite a common problem when unlocking Blackberry, im buying a phone which is locked to O2 and would need to get it unlocked, but i fear i may be a victim of signal problem after unlocking.
    04-06-12 02:25 PM
    Do you mean bought legitimately unlocked, or "jail broken?"
    04-06-12 03:42 PM
    Do you mean bought legitimately unlocked, or "jail broken?"
    Didn't knew you could jailbreak BB, thought they only existed for iPhones. Well what im saying is, there is a service on ebay that unlock your BB for about �1, they ask you for your phones IMEI and other details and give you unlock code.
    04-06-12 05:05 PM
    A legitimate unlock code from a reliable source will not effect the function of the phone at all.
    04-06-12 05:39 PM
    I have heard this is quite a common problem when unlocking Blackberry, im buying a phone which is locked to O2 and would need to get it unlocked, but i fear i may be a victim of signal problem after unlocking.
    i got mine unlocked for free from a user of a different fourm and never had any real problems because of it i have not got this one unlocked atm cause i dont need it to be unlocked but once my contracts finished it will be geting unlocked and be going on o2
    04-08-12 01:04 PM
    I've had a problem with each BB I've unlocked.

Frequently, the BB will pick another network (since it's unlocked). When it picks a network that you're not subscribed to, you will see SOS in the top corner. Setting connection to Manual and picking the network helps, but when you travel out of a region, you may see an SOS again.
    04-08-12 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD