Follow-up to my own post:

So, after a good 6 minutes composing a lengthy email my EVO crashed and said email with have to be restarted after I pull the batter for the second time today.

I am heading to Sprint in the morn to give the iPhone 4s a shot. And I seriously hope this all works out in the end...

Cheers!
    Well, I got the 4s from Radio Shack. This screen is TINY compared to the EVO. Can't see myself watching movies on this thing but, other than that, so far so good. Have 14 days to return and RS does not charge a restocking fee...

Cheers!
    03-28-12 05:35 PM
    Well, I got the 4s from Radio Shack. This screen is TINY compared to the EVO. Can't see myself watching movies on this thing but, other than that, so far so good. Have 14 days to return and RS does not charge a restocking fee...

Cheers!
    I felt the same way at first when I went from a Droid to the iPhone. I got over it. The screen pixel density is great, and the smaller phone sizes works well for pocketing the phone. I would like to go back to a 4" device eventually however.
    03-28-12 09:13 PM
    I try to explain this to i-People and they just cant understand it.

they're like "WHAT? You didnt like your iPhone!?!? *gasp*"

everything looks exactly the same (ipod, iphone, ipad) = boring

i like a little variety you know?
    Same here. And that's why I own an iPhone and a Playbook. Best of both worlds
    03-28-12 09:34 PM
    I switched to the 4S on launch day in October and couldn't be happier. The device is smooth and fast. No hang ups. No battery pulls. No waiting for leaked OSs and having to connect to my computer to download the leaked OS. The touchscreen is so much more responsive than my 9800 and the physical keyboard is amazing. And of course, I love the upgraded camera for taking pictures of my dogs and the gorgeous display.

Honestly, there isn't one thing I dislike about my iPhone. The transition was fairly easy since I used to own a 3GS and all my old apps and songs I had purchased were still on my iTunes account and ready to be downloaded without paying again.

It's really been a dream device.

Edit to add: I feel like the speed of the device is definitely better than my 9800. I don't have an OS7 device to compare it to. I also don't play games on my iPhone and my email has always been super reliable.

Keep in mind, you're going to get some biased answers here on a BlackBerry forum. Check out iMore and ask the question to their forum users and you'll definitely find a large group of people who left BlackBerry.

Get the device that best suits you. After all, you can try it for 30 days and return it if you don't like it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by moiselles; 03-28-12 at 09:54 PM.
    03-28-12 09:47 PM
    This.

And this. The OS7 Devices are very good. I love my Bold 9900 quite a lot. It has sufficient apps to get the job done, is fast, has a good browser.

I just get sick of people comparing the apps and browser of an OS4 Curve to an iphone 4s.
    But you mention the current apps that support the current gen of BB phones as relevancy but it's still lacking in comparison to iOS or even Android's app store

Anyhow, in 2011, I made the move from my BB Curve 8530 to an iPhone 3GS and it was a great transition. I had a low end Android phone before then but the iPhone was refreshing in regards to the applications. I missed the notifications of Android/BB OS but I got over it. Eventually, I moved on from the 3GS to Windows Phone (HD7) because A) I wanted flash on my camera *and couldn't afford to buy an IP4 outright* and B) was curious about Windows Phone since I am a Zune subscriber. Honestly, if WP had the app selection of Android and iOS, that's where I would be right now, but it didn't so my curiosity didn't keep me with WP. Now I'm currently own a rooted MyTouch 4G with plans to buy an iPhone 4 since they are more affordable to buy off contract nowadays.

And FYI, those of you that are talking about how you can't customize the iPhone obviously never played with or looked up a jailbroken iPhone. Just saying
    Last edited by HypnotizedbyBB; 03-29-12 at 07:30 AM.
    03-29-12 07:20 AM
    I switched to the 4S on launch day in October and couldn't be happier. The device is smooth and fast. No hang ups. No battery pulls. No waiting for leaked OSs and having to connect to my computer to download the leaked OS. The touchscreen is so much more responsive than my 9800 and the physical keyboard is amazing. And of course, I love the upgraded camera for taking pictures of my dogs and the gorgeous display.

Honestly, there isn't one thing I dislike about my iPhone. The transition was fairly easy since I used to own a 3GS and all my old apps and songs I had purchased were still on my iTunes account and ready to be downloaded without paying again.

It's really been a dream device.

Edit to add: I feel like the speed of the device is definitely better than my 9800. I don't have an OS7 device to compare it to. I also don't play games on my iPhone and my email has always been super reliable.

Keep in mind, you're going to get some biased answers here on a BlackBerry forum. Check out iMore and ask the question to their forum users and you'll definitely find a large group of people who left BlackBerry.

Get the device that best suits you. After all, you can try it for 30 days and return it if you don't like it. Good luck!

You missed the biggy....

What about the battery life?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 07:25 AM
    I have an upgrade and was considering the iPhone. I've used both the iP4 and 4s and explored iTunes as well as the iPad 2. The app selection is awesome but otherwise I don't like the setup of iOS. It doesn't seem as efficient as the BlackBerry, the lack of LED notifications, the fact that it uses specific chargers, the battery life made me decide again it.

The keyboard is nice although I hate the auto finish! PlayBook does that as did my Android and it makes for many mistakes. I much prefer spell check with options to fix.
    03-29-12 07:39 AM
    You missed the biggy....

Its about a tie between my 4s and 9810.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-29-12 08:13 AM
    You missed the biggy....

Same as my Storm2.
    03-29-12 08:41 AM
    You missed the biggy....

Battery life is definitely better than my 9800 but I charge it every night anyway.

03-29-12 05:36 PM
    I have always used both. I've been a blackberry user since 2003 (my company provides them) and an iPhone user since the original iPhone came out in 2007. I currently have the 4S and a 9930.

The iPhone to me does everything a phone should do in my opinion. It works as an excellent music player with the best media player for a mobile device there is.

Email is a close as I can use exchange and get instant push email on both. But where the iPhone excels is in handling attachments. Blackberry's still suck when it comes to looking at pdf's and excel spreadsheets. I don't know why they still are so terrible at handling attachments. It's so much smoother and polished on the iPhone when viewing them.

Apps there is no question that the iPhone has more apps and better apps. And for those who say they are all fun and games really don't know what they are talking about. There are many useful and beautifully done apps for ios that Blackberry just doesn't have.

Keyboard is a matter of opinion. I love the keyboard on the 9930 but I can type faster on the iPhone keyboard and with less mistakes.

The browser is no contest better on the iPhone. OS7 is better, but it's still far behind the iPhone in terms I speed and rendering pages correctly.

Sound - iPhone. It's louder and the speakerphone and media player are superb and louder than the 9930. The 9930 is loud enough, just not as loud as the iPhone.

I love iTunes. Some people hate it but I think it's by far the best music, movie, book, catalogue there is.

Battery life is is better on the 4S. I can go all day connected to Bluetooth with push email on and heavy usage. I wouldn't say that before iOS 5.1, but since then it has improved the battery leaps and bounds. The battery life on the 9930 is decent, bu rarely do I make it an entire day.

Camera - There is no equalling the 4S. The 9930 isn't even close on this one.

To me the iPhone is just a better over all complete integration of everything you could want in a phone. I still like my Berry's, but they are far behind in my opinion and need a major overhaul in what they bring to the consumer market to stay competitive.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-29-12 at 10:47 PM.
    03-29-12 08:46 PM
    Has anyone jumped ship to iPhone? How've you found the transition?

My upgrade is coming up and I'm thinking of switching purely because my Blackberry always freezes. My last one did, my current one did, everyone else tells me theirs do... it's a bit of an issue.

Even the BB7 phones reportedly freeze a lot... who's to say 10 won't be the same? (Also where are 8 and 9?)

I've never heard an iPhone user reporting freezing. Then again, I do tend to switch off when those guys start talking.

Are they really worth all that extra money? A iPhone is considerably more expensive than a decent BB.

I'd miss BBM for sure.
    I have an iphone amongst others. The iphone is my least favorite phone. I hate the home button, and most of all, I hate itunes which is necessary to put music, videos, books, documents, etc on the phone. I am not a fan of iOS. I don't like how it uses one signature for all 5 of my email accounts. I don't like how you can't carry a spare battery. I don't like how Apple makes you buy their proprietary cables instead of using a micro USB plug. Other than that, I don't mind it. I am really close to giving it away. I hate Apple.
    03-30-12 05:16 AM
    I have an iphone amongst others. The iphone is my least favorite phone. I hate the home button, and most of all, I hate itunes which is necessary to put music, videos, books, documents, etc on the phone. I am not a fan of iOS. I don't like how it uses one signature for all 5 of my email accounts. I don't like how you can't carry a spare battery. I don't like how Apple makes you buy their proprietary cables instead of using a micro USB plug. Other than that, I don't mind it. I am really close to giving it away. I hate Apple.
    Battery - why carry another when it makes it through the day easily?

Cables - they give you the cables you need ( power/connect to computer)

Sounds like you are trying hard to not like the iPhone.
    03-30-12 06:25 AM
    I have always used both. I've been a blackberry user since 2003 (my company provides them) and an iPhone user since the original iPhone came out in 2007. I currently have the 4S and a 9930.

The iPhone to me does everything a phone should do in my opinion. It works as an excellent music player with the best media player for a mobile device there is.

Email is a close as I can use exchange and get instant push email on both. But where the iPhone excels is in handling attachments. Blackberry's still suck when it comes to looking at pdf's and excel spreadsheets. I don't know why they still are so terrible at handling attachments. It's so much smoother and polished on the iPhone when viewing them.

Apps there is no question that the iPhone has more apps and better apps. And for those who say they are all fun and games really don't know what they are talking about. There are many useful and beautifully done apps for ios that Blackberry just doesn't have.

Keyboard is a matter of opinion. I love the keyboard on the 9930 but I can type faster on the iPhone keyboard and with less mistakes.

The browser is no contest better on the iPhone. OS7 is better, but it's still far behind the iPhone in terms I speed and rendering pages correctly.

Sound - iPhone. It's louder and the speakerphone and media player are superb and louder than the 9930. The 9930 is loud enough, just not as loud as the iPhone.

I love iTunes. Some people hate it but I think it's by far the best music, movie, book, catalogue there is.

Battery life is is better on the 4S. I can go all day connected to Bluetooth with push email on and heavy usage. I wouldn't say that before iOS 5.1, but since then it has improved the battery leaps and bounds. The battery life on the 9930 is decent, bu rarely do I make it an entire day.

Camera - There is no equalling the 4S. The 9930 isn't even close on this one.

To me the iPhone is just a better over all complete integration of everything you could want in a phone. I still like my Berry's, but they are far behind in my opinion and need a major overhaul in what they bring to the consumer market to stay competitive.
    Great post.

BUT you don't have a fair comparison
    The 9930 vs an AT&T iPhone 4S the 4S will kick on anything data speed related. as AT&T's network is considerably faster.

I am interested in how the iPhone 4S handles attachments Better than the iPhone4, as a 9900 user I've compared with iPhone 4's extensively, and the fast zooming on load of a pdf while pressing the track button destroyed the iPhone 4 in speed getting the attachment to being zoomed to be useable.
    As for Excel, I've found both to suck! and suck is the word I use because of language filters, though the keyboard > touchscreen when I'm dealing with cells, same with trackpad > touch screen because I have really good eyes I can be zoomed out a lot while using the spread sheets. but still 100% agree they suck

does the iOS5 Safari finally identify file types? I can open an excel file loaded into a webpage, or pdf file, or download a vcard and open them with the correct program right from the webpage, with iOS4 you had to have the file forwarded to you in an email since Safari didn't support file types.

Really thats all I want to question about the benefits, since it is well known the 4S has the best Camera, itunes is a preference, and Battery life is dependent on so many things
    03-30-12 07:24 AM
    I also carry both. The iphone is a superior product in many ways. But the bb is still THE communication tool. Simiply I use the bb for work and the iphone for personal. The iphone at this point is too slow for what I do email and SMS wise. I don't get the love of gmail from tech blogging sites. Email is for communication. Delivery of information. And for me a storage of the info. My blackberry allows this and does it better than anything else.
    03-30-12 08:07 AM
    The United States would like to thank all of the Canadian support for switching to Apple. 100 billion dollars is a lot of money and no doubt a large portion right out your GDP. I for one support RIM.
    03-30-12 08:16 AM
    The United States would like to thank all of the Canadian support for switching to Apple. 100 billion dollars is a lot of money and no doubt a large portion right out your GDP. I for one support RIM.
    Check back in about 10 years. We might be talking about the "Amero'" and you won't need a passport to visit the family in Michigan any longer.
    03-30-12 09:21 AM
    Check back in about 10 years. We might be talking about the "Amero'" and you won't need a passport to visit the family in Michigan any longer.
    I hope so! Especially if they can pull off like the EU thing where I could work in the States if I wanted without needing a work visa.
    03-30-12 10:24 AM
    I am SO CLOSE to giving the iPhone a chance but i won't be abandoning my 9780 until the new devices for android (looking forward to HTC ONE X and Samsung G3), RIm (the BB10 devices) and Apple (iPhone 5 maybe?) Until those come out, ill have to be patient but yes I am so close to jumping to the iPhone
    03-30-12 10:49 AM
    I am SO CLOSE to giving the iPhone a chance but i won't be abandoning my 9780 until the new devices for android (looking forward to HTC ONE X and Samsung G3), RIm (the BB10 devices) and Apple (iPhone 5 maybe?) Until those come out, ill have to be patient but yes I am so close to jumping to the iPhone

I was the exact same as you... Until last night its more or less 100% that I will get android or ios as my next phone... Rim will probably just have good lower end phones... Licensing the bb10 for other manufacturers might work buts its too late for me

--------------------------------

"...The Lord Painted The Great Picture Of The World.. Forget This Picture, And Remember The One Painter..."
    03-30-12 10:52 AM
    Really? For some reason I can't recall ever telling you that.

I'd use this before an iProduct

Click to view quoted image
    hahahahah so funny
    03-30-12 12:10 PM
    ...really? Well good thing I support Apple AND RIM or your condescension would really tick me off.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    03-30-12 01:15 PM
    OS7 is great. I've noticed that the only time my phone freezes is when I'm installing or updating apps. Other than that it doesn't happen. I have a Bold 9930.
    9810 is my 3rd blackberry. os7 and faster cpu is substantial difference from previous generation phones.

the truth is that many switch to iphone though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-30-12 01:39 PM
    I hope so! Especially if they can pull off like the EU thing where I could work in the States if I wanted without needing a work visa.
    Well I think we would NOT want to fllw the EU model. Lol... Not working out so well for them...

But I'd be able to finally get my hands on the World's best tequila! :-)
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-30-12 01:40 PM
    My wife and son jumped from BB to Iphone. They are both happy with the switch and don't regret it.

I keep and love my 9900 for work, but I own a Galaxy Note for play.

I think RIM is doing the right thing focusing on business customers. They could churn out some great products if focused on that segment.
    03-31-12 10:33 AM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD