The Iphone doesn't freeze? Thats completely not not true! Everytime a new I phone came out I would buy one and try it. I bought the first Iphone and it froze on me, the 3G froze on me, the 4 has frozen on me and I don't care to use the 4s. I switched to BB by default...
    Why?
    This sounds like the ones who judge BB7 by their BB4 counterparts. You're judging older iPhones without even trying the 4s.
    03-27-12 08:28 AM
    This sounds like the ones who judge BB7 by their BB4 counterparts. You're judging older iPhones without even trying the 4s.
    true, but freezing could be cause by a number of things.

you cant always blame the phone.

sometimes a lot of the freezing is due to user error (incompatible app, leaving multiple apps running in the background, not downloading updates, etc...)
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-27-12 at 10:23 AM.
    03-27-12 10:20 AM
    Im thinking of moving on to android depending on how the bb10 phones play out :P
    03-27-12 10:24 AM
    ^^^^^^ Sounds more emotional than productivity based, except for 1. Re: 2. I have those things on my BB and never paid a dime!

I am shocked that any phone on the market has better battery life than a BB! RIM needs to shore a few things up it would seem.
    03-27-12 11:32 AM
    I haven't had any major issues with my Bold 9930 especially since OS 7.1 came out. Some folks may like the iphone more for different reasons but unless BlackBerry goes out of business I won't leave. I love my 9930 and PlayBook and switching may be good for some but not me. I would apologize to some on the forums about knocking apple products but I stand with BlackBerry. If people get upset by this well thats on them. I stand by RIM and their products.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    03-27-12 11:45 AM
    I switched to the iphone4S after a very disappointing experience with the BB9930.

Very happy with the move so far. i've yet to reboot or have it crash on me. I don't even know how to reboot. My best satisfaction of comes from superb battery life on the 4S, which is where the BB9930 let me down big.

The only con for me is the lack of a physical keyboard.

I've written a more detailed opinion here in the past that you could look up from my profile.

Had I never tried the 9930, I probably would have stayed with my BB9650
    03-27-12 01:40 PM
    I jumped ship about 2 months ago. Had the BB Bold 9900 and sold it on eBay. Bought an iPhone 4s. As you can see I still come back to CrackBerry to get all the latest news in the BB world.

My Bold worked perfectly well and I used it mostly for email and BBM. I hardly ever used it for Internet..just wasn't easy to do or see. I was on BES and worried about my Exchange settings not working with the iPhone. That has not been an issue since switching.

I would rate both devices as great smartphones. There are a few little things that each one does easier or better than the other; BBM for example. I miss this application although I have started more texting. My BBM list had been growing smaller over the past few years.

Mobile apps on the iPhone was a big plus for me. It just seems most of the apps, even ones the BB had are slightly richer in content. Also some I had trouble using as I was always upgrading my Bold to the latest OS which made some not work the best they could. I thought the lack of keyboard would be an issue for me but I can actually type faster on the virtual. The iPhone has the best intuitive self correcting keyboard i have seen.

As I said both are wonderful phones but I personally wanted to try something different. I had also found myself using my iPad more and more which helped me with the transition. I bought the Playbook when I had my Bold but it never really satisfied me as far as a tablet. I preferred the larger screen size for tablet only.

I may sometime revert back to BB as at some point I may again want something different. It's a preference choice for each individual and we are extremely lucky we live in a country that allows us these options.

Good luck!
    Last edited by shortstops; 03-27-12 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add
    03-27-12 02:04 PM
    I'm not jumping ship, and if RIM was go to bust, I'd happily dust off and activate one of my old phones:

03-27-12 02:27 PM
    I actually just jumped ship to the iPhone4. I wouldn't really call it jumping ship, its really just a test drive on another platform.

The girlfriend has been using the iPhone4 since it came out and she hated the thing so much that she went out and bought the Bold 9900 off contract. Shes a teacher so her issues more had to do with they touchscreen keyboard and email on the iPhone, and she's is happy as ever with her white Bold.

As for my reasoning, I have been an avid BlackBerry fan since I was 1st introduced to the Pearl 8100 and just decided to try it out. I love using new devices and if it were up to me, i'd have a new phone every 4 months, thats just how I like it.

I am up for a new phone on Bell in mid July and because I will be waiting for BB10 devices I need something to hold me off until Oct, or when the release date actually is. I loved my 9900 but its nice to get out and try different devices, even if I have been known to hate on iPhone and iPhone fanboys.

But just to be clear, I am still TeamBlackBerry, that will never change!
    03-27-12 03:03 PM
    I'm not jumping ship, and if RIM was go to bust, I'd happily dust off and activate one of my old phones:

Click to view quoted image
    Now that's what you call 'old school'... Nice!

Sprint gives a minimum $30 credit for recycling old phones, so I turned in all my old Palm phones last summer...
    03-27-12 03:06 PM
    I was using the one on the left until I got my Torch 9800.
    03-27-12 03:22 PM
    My contract with Sprint ended. Have the CRAPPY/3-4 BATTERY PULLS PER DAY/WEBSITE CRASHING HTC EVO. I'm now month-to-month. Going to play the waiting game for a bit.

Would not want to go back to a smaller screen after 2 years with the EVO but, unless my phone was an aberration, I'm now gun-shy of Android's OS.

Never owned an iPhone and I'm tempted to give one a 30 day spin, but if they do launch a larger screen iPhone this Fall, I'll be pissed being stuck with the smaller one.

Never owned a BB outside of work but I'm very curious to see the BB10 phone.

Old Palm user. Wish they would come back and bring WebOs with them.

If BB10 is hot, I'm in. I'll give me money to whomever earns my business.
    Follow-up to my own post:

So, after a good 6 minutes composing a lengthy email my EVO crashed and said email with have to be restarted after I pull the batter for the second time today.

I am heading to Sprint in the morn to give the iPhone 4s a shot. And I seriously hope this all works out in the end...

Cheers!
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    03-27-12 03:58 PM
    lol no, not yet. I am waiting on bb10. if its not good then I will still stick with bb

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:16 PM

Click to view quoted image
    I have one on the left and I was able to get LTE on it, plus the browser is blazing fast
    03-27-12 05:17 PM
    It's been a long time since I have used a Blackberry (used a Curve years ago). I tried an iPhone 4 when it came upgrade time on my phone plan though, and I haven't had a reason to look elsewhere. I have no bias, it's just a very good phone. I have great battery life, a lot of apps I use on a regular basis for everything from work, to hiking, to games. And I can honestly say it never crashes or freezes. I am not saying they dont crash, only that for my uses I seem to have no issues at all.

I ended up here because I am a Playbook user though. I am enjoying it and think it's the roots of a great product (that hopefully will be allowed to grow).

I just buy whatever device appeals to me basically. With the Windows phones coming out, I have no idea what my move will be in the future. By the time I need a new phone, they will have matured (or be a bust?). I will have to decide at that point.
    03-27-12 05:32 PM
    I had all the first iPhones at launch date 2g,3g,3gs was a HUGE fan
    until a little over a year ago.
    I just got bore with the OS its the same thing.
    I then jumped ship to Android Samsung Galaxy S for 3 months.
    Then Came to BlackBerry a little over a year ago. No Plans ever to jump ship to iPhone unless they totally redo their old boring OS which To most people is great cause its new to them and easy, but I used it since day one zzzzz.
    About the Freezing issue I believe that's the older devices my 9800 did that at times
    and the pinch to zoom sucked, but the 9810 OS7 is smooth and pinch to zoom
    is much improved.
    iPhone was and still is a great Phone, but its not for everybody contrary
    to what most want to believe.
    phonejunky and shemaree09 like this.
    03-27-12 06:32 PM
    As far as having a smoother more stable OS then the iPhone is leading the pack hands down. Most won't argue this except. Blind fanboys. The stupid loading square and random cut offs is not a normal occurrence with the iPhone. Mine has done it once since having the 3G model. You have to decide what phone is for you in the end though like some have said.
    03-27-12 06:38 PM

Sprint gives a minimum $30 credit for recycling old phones, so I turned in all my old Palm phones last summer...

Lol yes old phones ... I think these are classed as ancient he'll probably have to pay them to recycle them lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-27-12 06:59 PM
    I switched to an iPhone 4 last summer. It lasted 7-8 weeks. I then sold it and went running back to BlackBerry. Missed the keyboard, missed the push email, missed the 'communications' aspect of a BB. The iPhone just wasn't for me. And the 'auto-correct'...not a fan at all.
    03-27-12 07:28 PM
    Lol yes old phones ... I think these are classed as ancient he'll probably have to pay them to recycle them lol

Lol!

10 digits
    03-27-12 07:41 PM
    My biggest complaint about iphone is that their OS updates tend to "force" you to upgrade. Some users may not care about this problem because they want the "latest and greatest." When I had the iPhone 3G. When software update came out when the iPhone 4 was released. This update really seemed to slow down my 3G. My phone just didn't seem snappy anymore. Then some coworkers said their text message histories would disappear and entire address books would be lost. Thankfully, I never had those problems. But the slow down was a big buzz kill. When I called Apple customer support and asked them how to fix it, she suggested,"The new iPhone 4 is out, why don't you just upgrade, you're eligible. Your 3G doesn't have the hardware needed to run the new OS smoothly." I said,"So thats your solution for my problem? buy a new one? So if my car has some maintenance issue and needs to be fixed, I should just buy a new car? What kind of solution is that?"

Anyway, the point of my rant is that no OS is perfect. You can't assume you wont have any problems with the iPhone but you can't assume you'll have problems with your BB either.

Having to pick between Apple, BB, and Android, I tend to spend a lot more time using a BB. They all have their shortcomings.
    Cozmik likes this.
    03-27-12 08:02 PM
    I don't know much about iPhones; but if you want to try one, go ahead! You can get a pre-paid phone (though they're expensive) and see what you think. Do you know anyone who'd let you borrow their phone for a bit? Test it out and play with it for an hour and see what you think. You can always return the phone and get your money back if you don't like it (if you get it without a contract). Good luck; and let us know what you've decided! I know people who love their iPhone - it's a great product and I'm sure you'll find things about it that you'll like!
    03-27-12 08:20 PM
    I use the iPhone since it came out. First the 1G until 2010 and then the iPhone 4. Not that the iPhone is bad..it's solid phone but after doing all the usual stuffs with the OS there was a point that I know that there's nothing new to discover and I don't really need all that. All the apps became very distracting for me even I don't want to use them lol.
    I recently bought my mom an iPhone 4s and took her old Bold 9780. She thought I am crazy but I really didn't want anything fancy anymore and surprisingly I don't feel that I miss anything at all...well ok all the music thingi was better on the iPhone for my taste but no big deal. Phone, messaging and email work great on the 9780. If this phone die one day I will get the 9900. I don't care if its 2016 with more Apple's awsomeness..but I don't want their full touch app player anymore.
    03-27-12 08:51 PM
    I had all the first iPhones at launch date 2g,3g,3gs was a HUGE fan
    until a little over a year ago.
    I just got bore with the OS its the same thing.
    I then jumped ship to Android Samsung Galaxy S for 3 months.
    Then Came to BlackBerry a little over a year ago. No Plans ever to jump ship to iPhone unless they totally redo their old boring OS which To most people is great cause its new to them and easy, but I used it since day one zzzzz.
    About the Freezing issue I believe that's the older devices my 9800 did that at times
    and the pinch to zoom sucked, but the 9810 OS7 is smooth and pinch to zoom
    is much improved.
    iPhone was and still is a great Phone, but its not for everybody contrary
    to what most want to believe

I try to explain this to i-People and they just cant understand it.

they're like "WHAT? You didnt like your iPhone!?!? *gasp*"

everything looks exactly the same (ipod, iphone, ipad) = boring

i like a little variety you know?
    03-28-12 09:55 AM
    I myt have to get rid of my 9860 sooner rather than later... The price has dropped £200 already from what I Paid and it hasn't even been that long

03-28-12 10:21 AM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD