As the Slider 'picture' has slowly materialized with each new leak, I have found my self feeling less urgency or motivation to go through all the effort to install leaks, re-patch Android apps that stop working, and generally solve incompatibility issues they may be experiencing with their BB10 device.

For example, the other day I updated my bank's Android app through Snap. When I tried to open it back up, it asked for Google services and force closed. Instead of rushing to Cobalt's thread to remind myself how to patch the app,.. I kinda just shrugged it off thinking: 'I can live without it until the Slider comes'.

Same thing happened with my College sports app, it cried for Google Services. Again I shrugged it off, put down my Passport and grabbed my cheapo Win 10 tablet to watch the stream via a real browser.

So, as the long thread title (I'm pretty bad at titles) asks:

Does anyone else feel like they have just given up? Like if we're just in bare-maintenance ('putting up with it') mode until the Slider arrives?

Kinda sad,.. but if I, a mere user, feel this loss of motivation to invest a single extra minute into BB10. I can't imagine how BB10 native devs feel.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:29 AM
    I have never started as it just was du to difficult to understand, the only thing I installed was the playstore learnd by a youtube video by AgentJucey!
    All the thread here confused me too much, honestly.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:56 AM
    I feel you OP.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:59 AM
    I totally feel that way too. I'm so curious to see what a Blackberry-skinned Android looks like that I for one know I'm in "maintenance" mode.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:02 AM
    I have not had the need to install leaks or do patches. I have the latest OS update. My banking app works fine, from Snap. And for other recreational activities, we have a cheap Android tablet.

My phone is a power communication tool. Emails, documents and on the go real life usage is its main function. I got the phone for its strengths, understanding that it is NOT an Android or iOS platform.

It's like we have an SUV for towing and family activities; and a zippy sports sedan for fun nights out on the town. I wouldn't expect the SUV to be sedan like and vice versa.

Posted via Classic
    09-13-15 09:04 AM
    Felt that way since the day Snapchat stopped working. Can't even tell the last time I opened Snap.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:04 AM
    I have not had the need to install leaks or do patches. I have the latest OS update. My banking app works fine, from Snap. And for other recreational activities, we have a cheap Android tablet.

My phone is a power communication tool. Emails, documents and on the go real life usage is its main function. I got the phone for its strengths, understanding that it is NOT an Android or iOS platform.

It's like we have an SUV for towing and family activities; and a zippy sports sedan for fun nights out on the town. I wouldn't expect the SUV to be sedan like and vice versa.

Posted via Classic
    Yeah, I don't play games with my Passport. But I do rely on a few Android apps that provide utility, such as my bank app, my scanner's app, my printer's app, Amazon AWS console, JuiceSSH, teamviewer to name a few.

I'd be lying if I said my Passport would not be significantly less useful without those.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    09-13-15 09:45 AM
    Felt that way since the day Snapchat stopped working. Can't even tell the last time I opened Snap.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I opened it up the other day and there were so many updates. I've stopped updating because the trend has been towards heavier reliance of Google framework components.

This means we're likely running outdated apps with possible vulnerabilities that have already been addressed by the devs. Not super happy about that.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:47 AM
    All problems will be solved soon..
    09-13-15 09:52 AM
    I know how you feel OPs, Was in the BB10 Leak/beta forum updating my Z10 to the latest leak. Now not so much with with the Passport.
    Thanks to Cobalt232 i have Google play store loaded and all the important app i need are working just fine.
    09-13-15 09:58 AM
    I gave up a long time ago. I pretty much just stopped using Android apps on my Passport because I would run into the same problems and would get frustrated and didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to remember how to fix the problem.
    09-13-15 10:09 AM
    Funny, that just happened with me this morning as I was loading an app "PC Plus" for my wife on her Z30 and it asked for Google Play. I subconsciously said to myself "why bother, just get her the Slider when it comes out". However, I don't think of native app developers; not that I don't care.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-13-15 10:46 AM
    So when the slider comes out, we'll get an upate and also be able to use all apps from android without the need patches? ... that would make sense, I think!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:50 AM
    Funny, that just happened with me this morning as I was loading an app "PC Plus" for my wife on her Z30 and it asked for Google Play. I subconsciously said to myself "why bother, just get her the Slider when it comes out". However, I don't think of native app developers; not that I don't care.
    Lol.. yeah, my sister wanted some teaching app on her Z30 last night. She bbmed me to ask how, and I just wanted to send her a pic of the slider and say 'wait a month or so'.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-13-15 11:02 AM
    So when the slider comes out, we'll get an upate and also be able to use all apps from android without the need patches? ... that would make sense, I think!

Posted via CB10
    Its rumor that the slider will run on android OS and only the slider. So an update will not give you the android OS.
    09-13-15 11:37 AM
    What happens if the slider doesn't get Google Play Services?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-13-15 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    this is highly unlikely I am pretty sure no previous BBs will be updated to android
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-13-15 11:52 AM
    Lol I was recently thinking the same thing. Had an android app ask for update and I was too lazy to bother patching the latest version to reinstall. It's not difficult or time consuming, just one of those "why bother?" things since I'm definitely getting the slider.

Still keeping my PP though as my work phone.
    09-13-15 12:00 PM
    I feel much the same way - I still try to keep things up-to-date, but more begrudgingly than ever. I've become a lot more reliant on apps for work in the last month or so, and I want something that just works, no questions asked - thinking I might switch to the iPhone as a daily driver till the Slider comes out.
    09-13-15 12:01 PM

Then there will be a lot of unhappy people.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-13-15 12:21 PM
    Nope. I don't need any motivation to keep my tools sharp. If I wanted a different phone, I'd get one. It sounds like you would ultimately be happier on a platform with a stronger app ecosystem. I make a decision once a year on which platform is the best for me, then I forget about it and get down to work. As for apps. I rarely have more than 5-10 other than the built in productivity apps, so not a lot to maintain anyway.

In any case, I recommend you do whatever is best for you right now and not worry about trying to predict the future. If you enjoy tinkering with your phone a lot, I don't know why you'd prefer a BlackBerry which is designed to be stable and productive with limited app support.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    09-13-15 12:33 PM

Then putting Android on the Slider will be pretty much pointless.
    09-13-15 12:33 PM
    Yup totally agree.

I was on top of every single leak and I would post Hybrid Autoloaders using differed Radios that worked better on specific carriers, at other users requests along with Hybrid Blitz files.

Now not only have I not posted new Autoloaders or Blitz files I don't even install it on my own devices.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    09-13-15 12:35 PM
    I agree too, removed Cobalts apps and happy with Amazon and App World.

Luckily I don't depend on any Google Play Store Apps.

Still love my device.

Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.2582
    09-13-15 12:39 PM
    I wonder how any times a day the word "productivity" is used in this forum when the app discussion comes up.
    09-13-15 12:42 PM
96 123 ...