Ok so I was talking to Verizon Customer Service about my coverage, and they told me it should be improving because they are buying out ALLTEL. So I am just wondering if anyone else has heard this as well.
    07-10-08 01:03 PM
    Well, I knew they were buying out Alltel - that's been out for awhile. And usually when one cell company buys another it improves their service because they have all the Alltel towers now in addition to their own.
    07-10-08 01:05 PM
    They are both CDMA carriers...so I could be possible.
    Yeah... old news!! Heard this a month or so ago...

It was on CNN and all over the internet

A little late... but thanks for sharing! (seriously, I am not being a d*ck... contributing is nice!!)
    Oh I wasn't trying let anyone know I just wanted to see if it was true :-)
    07-10-08 01:07 PM
    check it out...

MSNBC - Video Front Page

-db

its the network baby...
    07-10-08 01:19 PM
    This is going to be great for people who do a lot of traveling in between urban and rural areas. From my experience, Verizon has great urban coverage and Alltel has the best rural coverage around. In fact, when I was part of a backpacking group at my school, every group that went on our multi-day hikes had to have an Alltel phone for emergency purposes, since most of the time it was the only carrier that had service out in the wilderness.

This merger should be interesting.
    07-10-08 01:41 PM
    Oh I wasn't trying let anyone know I just wanted to see if it was true :-)
    Definitely true!! My buddy on Alltel is looking forward to it, because (frankly) some of the aspects of Alltel suck! No MMS on Berries, some spotty coverage... etc. Merging with VZW will be good for both carriers, as jhawk stated above ^^

What I wanna know is how they will transition Alltel users plans over to VZW... hmm! I assume they can keep the old rate (like a grandfather plan), but what if they want to drop their line after the merger, no cancellation fee?
    07-10-08 01:52 PM
    Definitely true!! My buddy on Alltel is looking forward to it, because (frankly) some of the aspects of Alltel suck! No MMS on Berries, some spotty coverage... etc. Merging with VZW will be good for both carriers, as jhawk stated above ^^

What I wanna know is how they will transition Alltel users plans over to VZW... hmm! I assume they can keep the old rate (like a grandfather plan), but what if they want to drop their line after the merger, no cancellation fee?
    I would assume they wouldn't charge them the cancellation fee being's the customer didn't choose this merge or anything, but we will see. I know verizon can be really reasonable

As for the plans I don't even know I think Verizon has really good plans so maybe they will make new ones as well WOOT! But we will have to see.

Last edited by KristopherF; 07-10-08 at 02:04 PM.
    07-10-08 02:01 PM
    I'm in the same boat T-Mobile takes over suncom in about two more months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 02:38 PM
    Doesn't Verizon already roam on alltels network anyway? So coverage should stay the same right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD