i have had about every phone out there and by far my fav messaging phone was the bold. i have a galaxy nexus right now, but i was wondering....

has anyone who has had the Iphone and the higher end android phones come BACK to Blackberry? if so, what did you have and what did you come back to? why?

i just get scared to since all i hear is how back BB is doing and it scares me that one day i can open my email and boom. RIM IS DEAD. it just scares me to go back, but man do i miss my Bold 9930.

anyway..let me know your thoughts and what you all have done.

thank you
    hondateg91, Chrisy and brucejr70 like this.
    02-28-12 06:31 AM
    I gave the iPhone 3GS the good old college try. 29 days. It went back.

Profiles on BBerries were much deeper. Customisation options were available on the BB that were not available on the iPhone 3GS. At the time, battery life was atrocious when compared to my 9000. At the time, there was no multitasking. Of course, no user replaceable battery. And I just could not get over missing my keyboard.

So, the iPhone 3GS went back. And I returned to the 9000.

I went back to try the iP4S. I had an Atrix in my hand, which I owned. I had my 9810 on the other hand. And I just could not find any reason to make the jump for the iP4S.

I now run an Android device on AT&T and two BBerries (one not mine, it's work issued) on Verizon. I love my Skyrocket. BUT....I would not give up my BB for the Skyrocket. If I had to give up one phone, it would be the Skyrocket, as gorgeous as it is.

For me, for my lifestyle, likes, needs and wants, BB works best.
    JR A likes this.
    02-28-12 07:33 AM
    I came back from an HTC Thunderbolt. It was a great decision (for me) since I use the phone mainly for messaging. It depends on what your into in terms of apps and games vs messaging. I know personally I couldn't stand touchscreen only.

I strongly doubt RIM will just die and go away over night. They have such a HUGE presence in the Corporate environment I can't see that happening. Are they doing great as a company.....no.....but going dead tomorrow....no

Kenny
    02-28-12 07:34 AM
    I came back from an Iphone4 not because it was a bad device but just that I had the iphone for 13 months and wanted something different. Having a bb in the past and I liked it so I went back to a bb and I love my 9900, it's a great device!
    JR A likes this.
    02-28-12 08:10 AM
    i have been useing the iphone since the first of the year, but recently i have been missing bb.So i have come back to my old storm 2. this phone is still in very good shape and boy as soon as i put it on line i have felt a relaxed feeling through my body for some strange reason.I now realize the bb is made for me . the os just feels like me.So even though the storm is performing great i am going out and buy the 9930 and sell my iphone. it sure does feel good to be back home.
    JR A, jamesbondOO7 and jersey kid like this.
    02-28-12 08:28 AM
    People leave and come back all the time. Some people can't get used to virtual keyboards, and some people can't get used to new OS's, and some people just love the BB for all it can offer.

Personally..I won't be back until BB10 phones drop..although I'm still keeping my eyes open for a cheap 9900 to pick up just to play with.
    02-28-12 08:40 AM
    Have a HTC phone, but really waiting for BB10 one, and then maybe.
    02-28-12 08:53 AM
    02-28-12 09:09 AM
    I went form my Curve 8900 to iPhone 3G back to the 8900, now my lovely Bold 9930

I lasted about a good week with the iPhone because it felt like torture.

The whole time I thought "wow, I could really get this done much faster on my Blackberry"

I hated typing on the touchscreen, how slow my email was, no notification light, and how fast the battery died! It couldn't even last 4hrs WITH 3G and Wifi off

I couldn't even customize it the way I wanted to. No custom ringtone? Only silent, vibrate or off

The only thing I enjoyed at the time was the browser! It was no comparison to my OS 5 browser. I also like the apps, even though they got old after a while.

Now that I have my new Bold I am happy. The new and improved browser and beautiful keyboard offers everything I need
    JR A and andrewmcwhirter like this.
    02-28-12 09:23 AM
    I didn't really "come back" to BB from Android, but rather I now use a BB and PB in conjunction with my Android device. My Amaze is my daily driver due to my needs in a daily device, but I couldn't give up BBM .
    02-28-12 09:28 AM
    I'm very close to coming back to BB.

Was a BB user for years and switched to the iPhone 4S when it launched in October. I'm really missing the reliability of BB when it comes to email which I've had TONS of problems with on the iPhone. A joke...sometimes I won't get emails for hours.

Anyway, that's a long story in and of itself. The autocorrect is also terrible and I'm not crazy about typing on a touchscreen. Browsing is awesome and so is the iPod integration, but I'm not sure it's enough for me when communication is key!

For some reason I just 'trust' BB more and will likely be back soon. Just have to decide between the 9810 and 9900
    02-28-12 09:43 AM
    For some reason I just 'trust' BB more and will likely be back soon. Just have to decide between the 9810 and 9900
    Do it! and get the 9900! Its awesome!
    JR A likes this.
    02-28-12 09:45 AM
    I came from the iPhone as I just missed the keyboard as originally I had a Windows Mobile handset with a full keyboard. I briefly tried Android but didn't like it at all.

Tour 9630 - Torch 9800 - Bold 9900. I love BlackBerry and I am here to stay!
    02-28-12 09:55 AM
    Do it! and get the 9900! Its awesome!
    Definitely seems popular but I've also been spoiled with a larger screen on the iPhone and a better camera. No AF on the 9900 is a concern too. Need to go play with them at AT&T some more.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-28-12 10:02 AM

Was a BB user for years and switched to the iPhone 4S when it launched in October. I'm really missing the reliability of BB when it comes to email which I've had TONS of problems with on the iPhone. A joke...sometimes I won't get emails for hours.

Anyway, that's a long story in and of itself. The autocorrect is also terrible and I'm not crazy about typing on a touchscreen. Browsing is awesome and so is the iPod integration, but I'm not sure it's enough for me when communication is key!

I have a HTC Sensation 4G in addition to a 9900. I agree with you about email, sometimes an email comes through on my 9900 addressed to my Gmail account and yet it does not appear on my Sensation, or on Gmail webmail or even in the Gmail Thurderbird client, it just vanishes, yet somehow it is on my 9900. I also trust BB more.
    JR A likes this.
    02-28-12 10:17 AM
    I go back and forth between my 9800 and iPhone 4S (although it's really my wife's now). I use the 4S for anything internet and social (I find the iPhone faster), but the 9800 does a nice job with the email. The one thing I do like about the iPhone email is the Gmail app, it works better than the BB app (which is now discontinued).

I like both touchscreen and physical keyboards, but I can see how someone who "grew up" with a BB will not like a touchscreen, not initially. Takes at least 3 months of use to get used to it. As well, if a BB was your first smartphone, there's an emotional connection that I find hard to break.

At this point if I had to choose right now over the 9800 or the iPhone, I'd choose the iPhone. But I wouldn't do anything until I see BB10 devices--those might win me over and convince me to buy a PB!
    02-28-12 10:22 AM
    First time I left BB in over 10 years when I got the iPhone. Wife has the 8330 Curve, which I will transfer to my phone number, she'll get the iPhone (which she wants), and I'll get the BBX as soon as it comes out...
    02-28-12 10:25 AM
    I like both touchscreen and physical keyboards, but I can see how someone who "grew up" with a BB will not like a touchscreen, not initially. Takes at least 3 months of use to get used to it. As well, if a BB was your first smartphone, there's an emotional connection that I find hard to break.

At this point if I had to choose right now over the 9800 or the iPhone, I'd choose the iPhone. But I wouldn't do anything until I see BB10 devices--those might win me over and convince me to buy a PB!
    this is very true. I think If I would have had an iPhone first I would have enjoyed it much more.
    02-28-12 10:45 AM
    Just did today.
    Chrisy, JR A and danimalchil like this.
    02-28-12 10:52 AM
    I am very happy with my iPhone 4s but today, for the first time since I switched to the iPhone, I missed BlackBerry. I purchased a BlackBerry from eBay for my daughter and as I was getting the phone ready for her I realized that BB served me well for many years. There are too many things my iPhone does that a BB doesn't and I don't see switching back anytime soon, but I've not closed the door on coming back.
    02-28-12 01:16 PM
    What is it the iPhone does that the BB doesn't?
    recompile likes this.
    02-28-12 02:35 PM

That's odd, I get emails 10-20 seconds faster on my iPhone than my 9900...I've timed them side by side.

The longest I've made it before putting my sim back in my iPhone is 3 days. There's too much I do on my iPhone that the screensize for the 9900 makes irritating, and I just watched my 9900 battery drop from 82% to 56% with an hour of message board browsing. My iPhone battery drops by maybe 10% in that same time. That's ridiculous. RIM is peeving me with this crap battery.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-28-12 at 03:31 PM.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    02-28-12 03:27 PM
    I'll try BB10 when it comes out but I don't know if it will be my exclusive device. I have a Galaxy Nexus and an iPhone 4 right now so the addition of a BB will be nice. OS7 devices just don't cut it for me though.
    02-28-12 03:33 PM
    That's odd, I get emails 10-20 seconds faster on my iPhone than my 9900...I've timed them side by side.

The longest I've made it before putting my sim back in my iPhone is 3 days. There's too much I do on my iPhone that the screensize for the 9900 makes irritating, and I just watched my 9900 battery drop from 82% to 56% with an hour of message board browsing. My iPhone battery drops by maybe 10% in that same time. That's ridiculous. RIM is peeving me with this crap battery.
    Everyone's experience varies I guess. Depends on what type of email account you have and how it's set up too, and what you need synced. I've restored my iPhone twice, been to see 2 Geniuses at Apple, and it STILL is having problems.
    02-28-12 03:36 PM
    I left my 9900 for a Galaxy S2 and I'm thinking of coming back if I can get a good deal on a 9900, but it wont be a full return as I'll keep my S2 and swap SIM cards as needed.

What it comes down to for me is I miss my BB every time I make a call or send an email and now that I have a Playbook (well, 3 Playbooks), I really want to try out the Bridge stuff again.

But like I said, I don't think it will be a full return because I really do like the big screen on the S2 for browsing the web (which is what I use the phone for more than 50%). Plus, there are a few apps that I want to continue using (like Skype).

Having been a long time BB user, now a current Android user, and having family members using iPhone 4s', really has shown me that no platform is perfect on the whole and what really comes down to is what is the 'best' choice out there for your needs. (Though I find Android on the whole gets way more credit than it deserves).

For me, it looks like that may mean two devices though if I wait for BB10 phones, that could very well be just one device so the 'smart' approach would be to wait to return even though the 'techy' part of me wants to play with Bridge now.
    02-28-12 04:14 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD