What were the outcomes?
    03-19-09 08:14 AM
    There was a video in the blog section earlier in the week go to main crackberry page and scroll to bottom of the news/blog posts and go to see more or all and just keep looking its an iphone bb g1 comparison I believe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 10:45 AM
    I've had both so I can give a short rundown on my opinion of both.

G1- Everything was great about the G1 except for a few problems with the hardware. The OS was really smooth and the app store was just as good as the iphone app store except it was much faster and it was easier to download multiple apps at one time( I had 19 going at one point). The gmail app was good however if you are using other email addresses the email app isn't so great. It's usable, but a heavy user would have a little trouble just because its slow and lacking a few features. The touchscreen was very responsive and web browsing was great. The only real flaw of the G1 is the design of the phone/hardware. The keyboard is very flat and the chin makes in a little difficult to hold the phone. You also have to always slide out the phone to text, which hopefully will be fixed with the new cupcake os, but it was still a pain. The slider mechanism is decent but it feels a little flimsy and the screen will wobble slightly even when the phone is closed.

Blackberry- Obviously its a much more business oriented phone with a great keyboard and a solid build. It's more efficient than the G1, but it lacks the entertainment aspect that the G1 has. The G1 has more capacity for apps and games but isn't as good with email. While the blackberry thrives with email and messaging, but isn't as fun as the G1.

Thats a short rundown. I didn't type as much on the blackberry because I figure most people on this site know a fair amount about blackberries and their capabilities. In the end I find the G1 to be a cross between an iPhone and a blackberry. It a decent combination between both phones and in my opinion android is the OS of the future. But for me the hardware on the G1 just isn't solid enough for me to use it everyday. I love the OS and will definitely consider purchasing the G2.
    03-19-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD