Hey! I sleep with my phone, but that's because I use it as an alarm and will not hear it if it isn't close. BUT don't you call/text/or IM me after midnight unless it's been approved beforehand. lol
    06-29-08 03:34 PM
    Lol No worries Roxy I use mine as an alarm too and it sits on my nightstand too.
    06-29-08 03:40 PM
    I agree with Graceless. I love this site and I absolutely love my BB but my family and friends definitely come first. I take it to bed with me just because I like to read the news on my RSS while laying in bed and then I charge it on my bedstand. I'm on this site alot during the day (when I'm bored at work) or on the weekends when my daughter is playing outside with her friends.

I have to say to the OP (and I mean NO disrespect) but your signature says: "I swore I'd never leave my 8130...then that jezebel 8330 walked into my life.
    May 27, 2008. The day Bell made my day and turned my Berry into a Crackberry." I think you meant this to be tongue-in-cheek and not to be taken literally. I think a lot of people on this site and being just as sarcastic when they say they're addicts and need help, etc. Some people definitely need an intervention , but for the most part, we're all just having a good time and being silly.

PS - the comment you made about "How hard would it be to scroll from your rectum?" was HILARIOUS!!!!!
    06-29-08 03:44 PM
    OK, here is my two cents.
    We have drifted into context and I don't think that's
    the point.

Again, not in favor of censorship, but there are some
    words whose meaning have over time have become
    trivialized.

Yeah, nowadays the "N" word gets used all the time,
    say to my face though, and there is a #10 can of
    whupass in your immediate future.

Just because society has decided to diminish the impact
    of particular words, does not mean that the impact on some
    who hear them is lessened.

But this thread, I think, was about the sheer ridiculousness
    of being "addicted" to circuit boards housed in plastic.
    06-29-08 03:51 PM
    How hard would it be to scroll from your rectum?
    Two words: Reach around
    06-29-08 03:54 PM
    I respect all of you so don't take offense to this. I think you are all being way to sensitive. I personally suffer from the disease of addiction and am a very active member of a 12 step progam. I have abused every substance known to mankind. Mainly alcohol, crack cocaine and marijuana. I have been clean now since October 25th of 2005 by Gods amazing grace. There is a saying in Alcoholics Anonymous- True recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength and hope. Isn't that what we do here in regards to our "addiction" to the almighty Berry? Maybe this is the 12 step program for the Berry. C'mon yall lighten up. We aren't curing cancer and we aren't going to the moon. From someone who is a true dope fiend in recovery from crack cocaine, I have found the new and improved crack right here! So as far as I am concerned, keep on crackin!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 03:54 PM
    It's all good. I appreciate the conversation--makes ya think...

definitely not a bad thing to have to think for a minute in this day and age.

((hugs all around))
    06-29-08 04:03 PM
    I respect all of you so don't take offense to this. I think you are all being way to sensitive. I personally suffer from the disease of addiction and am a very active member of a 12 step progam. I have abused every substance known to mankind. Mainly alcohol, crack cocaine and marijuana. I have been clean now since October 25th of 2005 by Gods amazing grace. There is a saying in Alcoholics Anonymous- True recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength and hope. Isn't that what we do here in regards to our "addiction" to the almighty Berry?
    First things first: Congrats and many more years of clarity to you.

But no. The people here are not in for the cure. This is what you would call an "enabler".

There are threads dedicated to use in the bathroom, texting while driving, babying the device, and a whole bunch more silliness. So yeah, I gotta disagree, respectfully of course, with your analogy.

Still see the "addicted to my BB" thing as pure foolishness.
    06-29-08 04:04 PM
    It's all good. I appreciate the conversation--makes ya think...

definitely not a bad thing to have to think for a minute in this day and age.

((hugs all around))

You know we got much love for ya. Big hug back atcha
    06-29-08 04:05 PM
    I respect all of you so don't take offense to this. I think you are all being way to sensitive. I personally suffer from the disease of addiction and am a very active member of a 12 step progam. I have abused every substance known to mankind. Mainly alcohol, crack cocaine and marijuana. I have been clean now since October 25th of 2005 by Gods amazing grace. There is a saying in Alcoholics Anonymous- True recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength and hope. Isn't that what we do here in regards to our "addiction" to the almighty Berry? Maybe this is the 12 step program for the Berry. C'mon yall lighten up. We aren't curing cancer and we aren't going to the moon. From someone who is a true dope fiend in recovery from crack cocaine, I have found the new and improved crack right here! So as far as I am concerned, keep on crackin!!!

Haha Graceless is right this sight is an enabler but thank you. I wanted to say something along the lines of lighten up but it seemed brash, you accomplished this better than I. Now congrats on your success!
    06-29-08 04:16 PM
    Haha Graceless is right this sight is an enabler but thank you. I wanted to say something along the lines of lighten up but it seemed brash,
    Ooooh LAWD, I wish brash is the worst I've called
    06-29-08 04:20 PM
    I could be wrong, but I think that most people who call themselves "addicts" are not so devoted that they are going to have to be sedated if they don't have their phone with them--that said, seriously, why do YOU care? If you don't want to be "devoted" to your phone, and no one in YOUR life is ignoring you in favor of your phone, then why is it your problem?

IMO, people who feel the need to gripe about how other people live their lives, when it doesn't impact them, is just proof of how we feel like EVERYONE'S life is our business.

I adore my BB--but before that, I adored my Palm--I was just telling my dogs, (and yes, I talk to my dogs-lol)that with the new html update, I only need three more programs, a keyboard, and a 8 G card to make my blackberry perfect......
    06-29-08 04:21 PM
    tjlikes - congrats on your sobriety!!! That's a huge accomplishment and you should be VERY proud!
    06-29-08 04:24 PM
    I've said it before, this place is getting waaaaaaaaaaaay too controversial. Yes, it's just a phone--and yes, there are probably people who spend way too much time with it--I think someone from the outside would peg me as one of those--but when you look at all that is ON a bb--I mean, I don't have to have a radio, I have my music on it. I don't have to lug books with me, I have both audio and visual books on it......I don't have to have a gameboy, or whatever the "gameboy" of the day is--I have games on it.....and if that is not enough, I have pretty literally, the lives of all the important people I care about in it--from me to my dogs to my kid.

So yes, it IS just a phone......but it also so much more. If for no other reason than that it enabled me to stop having to carry purses the size of small suitcases in order to keep the planner that had all of the information that now fits in the palm (no pun intended)of my hand.
    06-29-08 04:31 PM
    viva la blackberry!!!
    06-29-08 04:53 PM
    LOL true that - if I came to bed and my fiance had a blackberry on - well.....

How hard would it be to scroll from your rectum?
    haha!! sounds like he wouldn't be getting any
    06-29-08 04:58 PM
    Another forum features people saying providers are raping subscribers - something completely offensive to me as a close friend was a victim of rape and using it in description of a damn cell phone data plan rate is NOT okay.
    So let's get this straight YOU'RE offended because SOMEONE ELSE was a victim? How exactly does that equate might I ask?

As far as terminology goes, I hear at least one person a day complaining about gas prices using the term "raped at the pumps", computer geeks tell me "you got raped" when they kill me in multiplayer online games, etc.

HERE'S AN IDEA, I think you should stop posting on CrackBerry and go stand on the corner at a gas station and protest instead!
    06-29-08 05:59 PM
    HERE'S AN IDEA, I think you should stop posting on CrackBerry and go stand on the corner at a gas station and protest instead!
    Seeing as the rest of of sorted out the whole terminology issue,
    may I suggest you leave the gas station. The fumes have obviously
    affected your cognitive abilities.

Now back to the subject at hand...
    06-29-08 06:05 PM
    Seeing as the rest of of sorted out the whole terminology issue,
    may I suggest you leave the gas station. The fumes have obviously
    affected your cognitive abilities.

Now back to the subject at hand...
    LOL why are all your posts so psuedo-intellectual?

I don't care what the rest of you sorted out, this is a public forum. Not your personal club for you and your bum chums.

How about next time you try speaking when spoken too?
    06-29-08 06:10 PM
    My two cents, just to throw in and stuff.

I am not personally addicted to my blackberry, nor do I claim to be. Would I be upset if something happened to it? **** yes! I spent good money on this phone and have valuable info stored within it. But do I sleep and cuddle with it? No, that's what I have a boyfriend for. A human. Mind you I refuse to turn my berry off, but this is due to my father's recent double heart attack. God forbid I miss that late night phone call... So that being said, there is nothing in this world that could tear me away from my phone .. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You never know when something may happen and you are needed. But this doesn't mean I am addicted.

Bottom line is that nothing should come between the relationships which we value most. Family, friends, significant others, etc. Technology is great! And fun! But it shouldn't be one's entire life... Seems like some should take a step back, and reevaluate their priorities. Just my opinion.

06-29-08 06:22 PM
    Ooooh LAWD, I wish brash is the worst I've called
    Lol hey now play nice

06-29-08 06:29 PM
    viva la blackberry!!!
    Hahaha! I can appreciate that

06-29-08 06:30 PM
    LOL why are all your posts so psuedo-intellectual?
    Why do I always have to take out the trash.

Sorry if intellect, proper grammar and rational
    thinking bothers you, but that's the way I'm wired.

And no, I don't think of this as my personal club, but
    really, your point was baseless, absurd and not at all
    pertinent to this thread.

And seeing as how this is a forum, we are not
    actually speaking.

Trust me on this, I am the very last person
    you want to start arguing with.
    06-29-08 06:32 PM
    My two cents, just to throw in and stuff.

I am not personally addicted to my blackberry, nor do I claim to be. Would I be upset if something happened to it? **** yes! I spent good money on this phone and have valuable info stored within it. But do I sleep and cuddle with it? No, that's what I have a boyfriend for. A human. Mind you I refuse to turn my berry off, but this is due to my father's recent double heart attack. God forbid I miss that late night phone call... So that being said, there is nothing in this world that could tear me away from my phone .. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You never know when something may happen and you are needed. But this doesn't mean I am addicted.

Bottom line is that nothing should come between the relationships which we value most. Family, friends, significant others, etc. Technology is great! And fun! But it shouldn't be one's entire life... Seems like some should take a step back, and reevaluate their priorities. Just my opinion.

Totally well said!! Prob the best point made so far, IMO!

06-29-08 06:33 PM
    I think people are too addicted to their blackberries. I only use it to send sms to my significant other throughout the day, occasionally come on and check out the boards, and to receive my email. I do not ignore people over it. When I am with my SO, the phone is on silent in my purse, and he has my full attention. When I am babysitting, I do text, but I do not keep my eyes glued to the phone, my main focus is my little cousin. When I am at work, I look at my phone every 45 minutes to an hour, to see if my SO has sent me any text messages. I am not addicted to the thing, and I can't stand the people who are.
    06-29-08 06:36 PM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD