My friend who is a long time apple fan has been watching me on my Z10 for the past year. She took an interest in it and played around with it on different occasions. She liked the speed, the clarity, the snappy OS way better than her iphone.

Then I picked up my Z30 this week. Today she played around on it and was amazed. I told her, think of the Z10 as smooth and fast, think of the Z30 as silky smooth and lightning fast.

She stands up and says let's go. Off to my favorite rogers store we go. Sam, the owner is a huge BlackBerry fan. He was busy with a customer so his employee helped us. She tells him she wants a Z30. He asked my friend what she uses, she tells him iphone to which he says, 'oh you should stick with iphone' and begins rhyming off 5s, 5c blah, blah, blah... she interrupts him and says she wants a Z30. He tells her that she'll never figure it out its too complicated for any apple user (this I kinda laughed at and muttered 'probably'). My friend got somewhat annoyed and stated, so you think I'm stupid. Dude continues on about BB10 being hard to learn and you have to be tech savy. I pipe up and say if you can't figure this out, then you shouldn't be driving, walking, talking or around sharp things.

Sam overheard this and came over and told him BlackBerry was a great phone and to get her what she wants. Sam sold out of Z30s this week and ordered 5 more. My friend picks hers up tomorrow and one of the other Z30s is sold as well.

Anyway. I just thought I'd share this all to common experience.

Posted via CB10
    Great read. Where is Sam's store? Can't find a Roger's store anyway here in Burlington with Z30's in stock. Glad to here that there are some Rogers stores carrying stock.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-28-14 12:34 PM
    Customer is asking for a certain product, why do you need to tell me that the product I want to buy is hard to learn to use..

Idiots.

Posted via CB10
    Because they were dumb enough to not learn it themselves, making the assumption that since they are smartphone sales reps, everyone else will have the same experience, which is hideous.

I posted a similar thread with Rogers, sales reps claiming BlackBerry is bankrupt. That one didn't end very well in-person...
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-28-14 12:49 PM
    At that point if I were you I would've taken out my Z30, opened and minmized some apps, and demonstrated the hub and peek and said "How...is...this...difficult??"
    I had it in hand the entire time, lol. He said it's a good phone its just hard to learn, lol

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:20 PM
    We are standing in the Rogers store right now. The employee is helping someone else. Leaned over and said he's going to learn BB10 so he understands it.

My friend, with the help of Sam, has transferred her iphone contacts and data to her brand new Z30!! She's excited already.

So we have a win here. Wish more stores were like this.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:27 PM
    I actually walked into my local Bell store a couple days ago to inquire about plans & saw a Z10 on the counter. As the sales rep (probably a university student) looks up my plan I ask him, 'is that your phone? ' he looks at me with a death stare and says 'ya?' and I get the feeling he had been ridiculed on more than one occasion for owning it. I showed him mine & tell him, 'I've got one too' to which he replies ' I love this thing'.
    Anyhow, seeing a student who owns a Z10 & being shocked about it is a little sad, as was his defensiveness when he thought I was going to mock him about it.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-28-14 08:38 PM
    That's a better story then some. thank goodness Sam came over.
    I once was at a store with a friend who wanted to buy a Z10. The sales person refused to sell him one. He claimed they didn't have any. And when I pointed to the one in the display he admitted that they had stock but claimed that BlackBerry had gone bankrupt and all the phones were being sent back! Meanwhile he tried VERY hard to get my friend to buy a Samsung......
    03-01-14 02:12 AM
    That's a better story then some. thank goodness Sam came over.
    I once was at a store with a friend who wanted to buy a Z10. The sales person refused to sell him one. He claimed they didn't have any. And when I pointed to the one in the display he admitted that they had stock but claimed that BlackBerry had gone bankrupt and all the phones were being sent back! Meanwhile he tried VERY hard to get my friend to buy a Samsung......
    Samsung must have been running one hell of a sales spiff that week...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:16 PM
32 12