Hey all I thought I would share this for those that might not know about it....I've known about this for quite a while and use it frequently. Google is simply amazing in their continued development of useful tools.

You can text "Googl" to request just about any information and get a response in under 10 seconds.

For example, say I'm out of town and hungry for pizza. I can send a text message to googl with the word pizza and the zip code or city (ex: pizza Pittsburgh) and Google will send a text message back with a list of nearby pizza restaurants with address and phone information. Of course for big cities you get better results by entering the zip code instead of the city name.

A couple of other ways I have used it are by texting:
    persons name or business & city (to look up an address/phone number)
    movie & zip (to look up local movies listings)
    weather and zip (to get the weather forecast)
    type of food and zip (to get a list of qualifying restaurants in area)

Play around with it. The things you can look up are endless. You'll be amazed at how smart and knowledgable Google is

Gotta luv Google!

If you come up with neat ways you use this feature to get information, please share
    03-23-08 01:14 PM
    Wow! Thanks, always can use a good tip!
    03-23-08 03:58 PM
    Isn't this like GOOG 411? I normally use GMaps for it.
    Thanks for the heads up though. This would be useful for non-smartphone users or ones without data.
    03-23-08 04:12 PM
    Hey all I thought I would share this for those that might not know about it....I've known about this for quite a while and use it frequently. Google is simply amazing in their continued development of useful tools.

You can text "Googl" to request just about any information and get a response in under 10 seconds.

For example, say I'm out of town and hungry for pizza. I can send a text message to googl with the word pizza and the zip code or city (ex: pizza Pittsburgh) and Google will send a text message back with a list of nearby pizza restaurants with address and phone information. Of course for big cities you get better results by entering the zip code instead of the city name.

A couple of other ways I have used it are by texting:
    persons name or business & city (to look up an address/phone number)
    movie & zip (to look up local movies listings)
    weather and zip (to get the weather forecast)
    type of food and zip (to get a list of qualifying restaurants in area)

Play around with it. The things you can look up are endless. You'll be amazed at how smart and knowledgable Google is

Gotta luv Google!

If you come up with neat ways you use this feature to get information, please share

what part of NW PA are you from ?
    03-23-08 04:21 PM
    OK...this is just cool! Thanks for the heads up...I know what I'm going to be doing for the next half hour!
    03-23-08 05:51 PM
    You can just use Goog-411 now which is even better.

Just call 800 Goog-411.

It is a free conceirge service, and it's all voice ativated!

Patrick
    03-23-08 05:56 PM
    what part of NW PA are you from ?
    Meadville. About 90 miles north of Pittsburgh.
    03-23-08 06:43 PM
    i grew up in new castle i used to play meadville in hockey
    03-23-08 07:01 PM
    Cool! Meadville has a pretty good hockey team. We've been state champs for several years
    03-23-08 07:22 PM
    this is great service. I've use it quite a bit as with goog-411. Depending on my needs I prefer using one over the other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 08:44 AM
    Awesome, this is great!!

I'm passing the word to my friends!!

Dm
    03-24-08 01:09 PM
    I have been using this for a while and i ABSOLUTELY love it!!! i try to pass it on to people whenever I use it. It definetely makes life much easier to get quick answers
    03-24-08 02:05 PM
    I just used it a little big ago and texted "Courthouse" with my zip code and received the text message back with the address and phone number. All I had to do was hit the send key to call. I wanted to check on office hours of the voter registration office since today was the last day to register or change party affiliation for the upcoming PA primary election.
    03-24-08 05:14 PM
    Does this work in the Caribbean or just in the U.S?
    03-24-08 05:16 PM
    Does this work in the Caribbean or just in the U.S?
    I'm not sure.....give it a try and see. Post your results
    03-24-08 05:34 PM
    Awesome, thanks!
    03-24-08 10:26 PM
    Too bad it does not send email (or does it) - I don't have any text allowance.
    03-24-08 10:45 PM
    Too bad it does not send email (or does it) - I don't have any text allowance.
    It sends the info as a text message. Sorry!
    03-30-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD