1. Gut Google Play in exchange give me Side Loadness or an air-gap certified app store (see #3.)
    2. Delete all Google Apps in exchange for Apps that only i/o data on and at the time of user prompts.
    3. Set an air-gaping certification to require apps to abid to qualify: that only the data innacted by a user prompt and consent is enabled only at the time of that consent.

Destroy all apps that require you to agree with background i/o!

We are all victims of unaware distress as we mindlessly agree to all background I/Os with no alternative option to air-gapping our phones.

This mindless consent is an encroachment to everything that defines BB as being "secure," while ignoring our mindless consent to background process and data collection efforts.

Hail to gut out all of Google from Android and establish air-gapping certifications that app developers must qualify their apps to in order to address our market sector concerns!

This is more than just "privacy," it is also out of practical concerns such as battery life and data consumption unwarranted.

Who is with me?
    chetmanley likes this.
    01-05-19 03:45 PM
    01-05-19 04:58 PM
    OP, are you undecided about what you want? A "minimalist" device (no apps) as described here https://forums.crackberry.com/armcha...#post13330997? Or a device with no Google services and special app requirements (which will again result in no apps) like you have described in this thread?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-05-19 05:12 PM
    1. Gut Google Play in exchange give me Side Loadness or an air-gap certified app store (see #3 .)
    2. Delete all Google Apps in exchange for Apps that only i/o data on and at the time of user prompts.
    3. Set an air-gaping certification to require apps to abid to qualify: that only the data innacted by a user prompt and consent is enabled only at the time of that consent.

Destroy all apps that require you to agree with background i/o!

We are all victims of unaware distress as we mindlessly agree to all background I/Os with no alternative option to air-gapping our phones.

This mindless consent is an encroachment to everything that defines BB as being "secure," while ignoring our mindless consent to background process and data collection efforts.

Hail to gut out all of Google from Android and establish air-gapping certifications that app developers must qualify their apps to in order to address our market sector concerns!

This is more than just "privacy," it is also out of practical concerns such as battery life and data consumption unwarranted.

Who is with me?
    Just shut off individual permissions manually and/or globally disable background data usage. They're called data and battery saver for a reason.
    01-05-19 05:23 PM
    Proud member of the mindless, but never a victim of my own behavior.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-05-19 10:36 PM
    Who is with me?
    I'm not, but here you go: https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

Best of luck with that kind of device.
    01-07-19 09:44 AM
    Proud member of the mindless, but never a victim of my own behavior.
    I look at it this way: The only way to get what the OP seems to want is to be a cash buyer only, and not have any kind of electronic device. Sooner or later, some entity will get some kind of data. The question is who. The best I can do is give my data to whom I am most comfortable giving it to.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-07-19 09:46 AM
    01-07-19 10:40 AM