Hey All CB Friends,

I was fortunate enough to win the Haiku Contest.

I have had numerous CB friends inquire as to what model I chose and if I was content with my decision to choose the Bold over the Storm.

Just to let everyone know in one message, I haven't received the Bold yet. I had a nice email from Chrystie from WHERE - the contest sponsor - on the 26th (she was very nice) and she said they still haven't received the BB's from RIM.

I asked Maven454, who was the winner of the Peoples Choice Award, if she had received her Storm yet and she said that she hadn't.

When I do the receive the Bold, I will post in the Bold and Curve sections of this forum on the transition from one to the other with all of the pros and cons.

I would like to take this time to thank everyone for the nice comments and good wishes ! I will even thank all of those who wished me tarred and feathered and referred to my parents as having never been married.

Thanks Again !

Demps2009
    03-30-09 03:27 PM
    i won the Haiku Contest on another site and its been a month and I haven't gotten my bold as well. I keep getting the run around.
    Last edited by ice44; 04-16-09 at 11:21 PM.
    04-16-09 11:18 PM
    Congrats on your win, and keep us posted when you get that new Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 11:26 PM
    Congrats on your win, and keep us posted when you get that new Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it doesnt look like we will be getting them....they have stopped returning emails
    04-16-09 11:28 PM
    Maybe a message to Kevin Michaluk might be in order to see if WHERE's intentions are honorable ? I don't think WHERE would run a contest on Crackberry and not fulfill their obligations. I think you can get in trouble for that.
    04-18-09 10:28 PM
    she said they still haven't received the BB's from RIM.
    I used to work for a magazine and we ran a lot of contests.. we NEVER advertised a contest unless we already had the prize on-hand. Guess why.
    04-18-09 10:38 PM
    That's the way I would do it, especially when it's only a handful of winners to begin with. It's not like they had 100 prizes to give away.
    04-18-09 10:44 PM
    Definitely contact Kevin. With how much that contest was pimped out on here he ought to help.
    04-18-09 11:08 PM
    How does one go about contacting Kevin ?
    04-18-09 11:33 PM
    I'd find a post by him in the Crackberry blog and see if clicking his name will let you PM him.
    04-19-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD