Sigh. Position with MarketStar (BB marketing outsourced) was eliminated today.
    They took care of us as best they could, and better than other companies Ive worked for.. I really enjoyed my time with them, and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a job... just.... not on Team BlackBerry.

Im not really mad at anyone, I knew the situation was grim.. doesnt make it any easier though.
    Thankfully, I have worked in wireless for 7 years now, and I have a lot of irons in the fire, as it were... just going to really put a damper on life in the short term.

Anyone else wanna commiserate?
    smart548, Mecca EL, moody and 9 others like this.
    12-03-13 07:19 PM
    Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it turns around quickly.
    12-03-13 07:23 PM
    I do hope you land on your feet. Losing a job is always rough but keep your head up.
    Elite1 and bekkay like this.
    12-03-13 07:25 PM
    For all the a holes who wanna see BlackBerry go down.....this is the reality of what you hope for.

I have friends who work there. Fortunately they still are. I hope the best for you. Take care.

BB Proud
    12-03-13 07:32 PM
    For all the a holes ...
    Irrespective of how you feel about BlackBerry was that part really necessary?
    12-03-13 07:40 PM
    Better than saying "C Holes..." actually, I am not sure where I was going with that. never mind.
    in_loco_nomen and bungaboy like this.
    12-03-13 07:49 PM
    Yes. To hope a company fails makes you an *** hole. To root for something you like is fine, even attacking the other thing is fine, but to go out of your way to hope something millions of people still enjoy goes to **** makes you an ***.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:52 PM
    Where's jonathank
    12-03-13 07:55 PM
    Yes.

Stay strong OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:55 PM
    Bummer news. I hope you land something you like soon. Sometimes being let go can lead to a better gig. Not always, but sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:57 PM
    Chin up. I hope things go well for you. Glad to hear you have irons in the fire.
    12-03-13 08:00 PM
    Very sorry for your loss. As someone who had the experience of being laid off and had to live on temporary assignments for almost 2 years making barely enough to cover living expenses and at times had to dig into rainy day saving, I feel your pain. The key is do not despair and give in to the feeling of hopelessness, but use the difficult period to reflect and to make some life habit changes for better while working hard to find a new job.

I do want to see BlackBerry succeed and making lots of money in the process, however, most of the irritations toward BlackBerry came from the seemingly tone-deaf, illogical, ineffective decisions made, not just once, but repeatedly over long period of time. Good riddance to Thor and his band of clowns. I hope Chen can do better.
    kevinnugent and anon(4086547) like this.
    12-03-13 08:03 PM
    Sorry to hear you lost your job, OP.

Don't let this shake your ability or confidence in yourself.There is very little job security these days. More contract work, more agency hiring... this will happen to the majority of us as well at some time or another.
    12-03-13 08:05 PM
    Yes. To hope a company fails makes you an *** hole. To root for something you like is fine, even attacking the other thing is fine, but to go out of your way to hope something millions of people still enjoy goes to **** makes you an ***.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed... I never understood it. Its not like BB raped and pillaged your country home.

Or maybe they did... surest way to lose marketshare
    As someone who's been where you are, I can say it does get better.
    Consider this not a set back, but a set up for a come back.

Posted via CB10
    moody and bungaboy like this.
    The best of luck to you. Hope it is a good year for you.
    12-03-13 08:08 PM
    Very sorry to hear man
    Hope you get another position that keeps you as stable as you were soon!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:09 PM
    Very sorry for your loss. As someone who had the experience of being laid off and had to live on temporary assignments for almost 2 years making barely enough to cover living expenses and at times had to dig into rainy day saving, I feel your pain. The key is do not despair and give in to the feeling of hopelessness, but use the difficult period to reflect and to make some life habit changes for better while working hard to find a new job.

I do want to see BlackBerry succeed and making lots of money in the process, however, most of the irritations toward BlackBerry came from the seemingly tone-deaf, illogical, ineffective decisions made, not just once, but repeatedly over long period of time. Good riddance to Thor and his band of clowns. I hope Chen can do better.
    Thank you sir.. hopefully it turns around quick, Im not giving my daughter a ****ty first christmas.
    12-03-13 08:15 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that, OP. If I could I would buy more blackberries to keep everyone in the waterloo region working.
    No doubt you'll bounce back though. Keep your head up, you're a superstar!!
    12-03-13 08:16 PM
    As someone who's been where you are, I can say it does get better.
    Consider this not a set back, but a set up for a come back.

Posted via CB10
    Privett?
    12-03-13 08:16 PM
    I hope for all the best for you OP.

I know how much it sucks. I'm glad to hear you have some other things going on.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:18 PM
    For all the a holes who wanna see BlackBerry go down.....this is the reality of what you hope for.

I have friends who work there. Fortunately they still are. I hope the best for you. Take care.

BB Proud
    Just to clarify, to believe a company will fail absolutely does not equate to hoping it will fail.

OP, good luck and work your network! I've been laid off twice and my last three jobs have been recruitment from previous coworkers.
    12-03-13 08:42 PM
    Sorry to hear you got laid off OP, hope you can make it in the short term.

Thinking a bit longer term... why not just work for yourself? Start your own biz?

If you have that many years and that much experience in the industry, I'm sure you can find one or two things you're really good at, and figure out a way to deliver it with a competitive edge. Maybe start small with smaller companies (or even start ups), or maybe use your expertise to start something of your own in a different facet of the industry.

Working for yourself always beats "working for the Man".
    Killington likes this.
    12-03-13 08:46 PM
    Dude .. many thread for blackberry marketing but as you can see since they launch Z10 , what marketing around you nothing ...

i feel CRACKBERRY doing good job then blackberry itself..

to be honest sometime i feel why should i USE BB ..

Sigh. Position with MarketStar (BB marketing outsourced) was eliminated today.
    They took care of us as best they could, and better than other companies Ive worked for.. I really enjoyed my time with them, and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a job... just.... not on Team BlackBerry.

Im not really mad at anyone, I knew the situation was grim.. doesnt make it any easier though.
    Thankfully, I have worked in wireless for 7 years now, and I have a lot of irons in the fire, as it were... just going to really put a damper on life in the short term.

Anyone else wanna commiserate?
    12-03-13 08:57 PM
    Wait.... Blackberry had marketing?
    12-03-13 09:00 PM
91 123 ...