please be clear im just trying to discuss technical issues, this is not intend to invade other people's privacy.

so here is the story: couple month ago, i saw a thread on here discussing hacking into other people's blackberry to access their bbm, email etc thru bluetooth or w/e it was. however, if there is a way to change blackberry handheld's PIN as well as IMEI number. maybe im not up to date, but based on my research on here alot of you think this is impossible but it actually can be done and was discovered long ago. so my question is, if i changed my pin and imei to match another user's phone, would it be possible to access their information? what do you all think? not sure if RIM is aware of this. again, i have not tried it because i do not want to hack other people, just trying to discuss this issue from a technical point of view, hope you all understand.

just let u guys know change imei number is illegal and can get yo *** in jail(in states and canada i think), so dont even try to do it
    Last edited by aznrice; 03-19-10 at 01:10 AM.
    03-19-10 01:06 AM
    to be honest i dont think many people would be willing to discuss this due to the obvious legalitites of it, i would pass your findings on to RIM so they can work on fixing it. There really isnt much more to say on this matter.
    03-19-10 04:28 AM
    Thats why I never give out that information. Why dont you start robbing banks also.
    03-19-10 04:34 AM
    this is also to discuss technical issues.

i know many of you though hacking a blackberry and causing a remote fatal electrical shock was not possible, but i found a way to do it. what do you all think? i don't want to hurt anybody, i just want to discuss this from a technical point of view.

fyi this is illegal and nobody else should try it but me cause nobody else haz tha haxor skills iz do.
    03-19-10 05:30 AM
    I had no idea this was possible but then originally dismissed the idea of hacking into other peoples bbm. Interesting find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 06:03 AM
    OP, you have to know that posting something like this is not a good thing, right?
    03-19-10 07:28 AM
    I wouldn't doubt that another device could spoof a BB. Even so, at most, that would mean capturing incoming messages, provided that RIM doesn't have something in place to notice two BBs with different IP addresses. With as much concentration on security that RIM has built upon, it wouldn't surprise me if there was more to the connection between BB and NOC than just the PIN/IMEI.

But, spoofing the IMEI and PIN doesn't mean you are hacking into another person's BB.
    03-19-10 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD