My approach? I won't visit the forums anymore, I'll just read the CB news headlines, and follow forum links to leaked OSs. I don't feel the need to read all this crap anymore, not on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Ahhh... I could be wrong, but I think you may have wandered into a forum.

palm forehead... doh!
    shaleem, monil11, h20work and 1 others like this.
    08-16-13 06:25 PM
    You bothered to engage in a thread about a specific subject on an Internet forum and make a meta statement, expressing an opinion about an opinion. If doing so didn't feed your children, why bother?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that is exactly what the poster you were critical of meant exactly. Are you saying one cannot express an opinion about an opinion?

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-16-13 06:32 PM
    We need a "Guide: How to deal with Positivity Spinners!" ... whatever happened to reality?? Your overly positive attitude is just as bad as the negative ones...
    Same guide...just substitute "positive" for "negative", and vice versa.
    08-16-13 06:53 PM
    Same guide...just substitute "positive" for "negative", and vice versa.
    Yup, you can definitely look at this guide as 'How to deal with Positivity Spinners'. And I completely agree that it does not help when you are on either corner of the extremes. I guess I was just a little more frustrated by the negativity spinners when I started this thread. But it can be the other way around for a number of us.
    08-16-13 07:21 PM
    So heres my small guide on how to deal with them.
    Here's my guide.

Box cutter to the face.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-16-13 07:51 PM
    Here's my guide.

Box cutter to the face.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    Guide: How to deal with Negativity Spinners!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376701217.559524.jpg
    08-16-13 08:00 PM
    This guide could also be applied to those who always try to blindly make excuses for BlackBerry and put a positive spin on things...
    08-16-13 08:10 PM
    Don't forget they travel in packs like dogs of drama. They scan crackberry for a thread like this one and then they attack. A few have already shown up to this thread, the usual suspects will be here shortly. No need to name names, everybody knows who they are.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-16-13 08:27 PM
    My guide is much simpler:

Unless your mortgage / rent, ability to feed yourself and / or family, see to your children's education, pay your bills and have a little left over to enjoy some of your life DEPENDS on the success or failure of BlackBerry, get over the fact that people think differently than you do.
    I suppose you don't root for any sports teams? Don't care when your favorite television show gets taken off the air? Never argued the merits of a Ford Mustang vs a Chevy Camaro? Never had the Superman vs Spiderman conversation? Apathy isn't a word used to define winners.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:14 PM
    My guide is much simpler:

Unless your mortgage / rent, ability to feed yourself and / or family, see to your children's education, pay your bills and have a little left over to enjoy some of your life DEPENDS on the success or failure of BlackBerry, get over the fact that people think differently than you do.
    ^^^This!
    h20work and jafobabe like this.
    08-16-13 10:19 PM
    My approach? I won't visit the forums anymore, I'll just read the CB news headlines, and follow forum links to leaked OSs. I don't feel the need to read all this crap anymore, not on CB.

Posted via CB10
    Promise?
    08-16-13 10:22 PM
    OK so 2 pages and no indication of what positive news from bbry is being spun by the spinners.

Can anyone point me to the good news?
    08-16-13 10:27 PM
    Lol. Making such meta statements concerning people's thoughts surely renders you guilty of that which you berate.

Posted via CB10
    Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah...
    Guide: How to deal with Negativity Spinners!-fortune_cookie.jpg
    08-16-13 10:29 PM
    OK so 2 pages and no indication of what positive news from bbry is being spun by the spinners.

Can anyone point me to the good news?
    Guide: How to deal with Negativity Spinners!-good_news_everyone.jpg
    08-16-13 10:37 PM
    I suppose you don't root for any sports teams? Don't care when your favorite television show gets taken off the air? Never argued the merits of a Ford Mustang vs a Chevy Camaro? Never had the Superman vs Spiderman conversation? Apathy isn't a word used to define winners.

Posted via CB10
    Like Groucho Marx once said: "I like my cigar too. But I take it out every once in a while."
    jafobabe and h20work like this.
    08-16-13 11:01 PM
    Don't forget they travel in packs like dogs of drama. They scan crackberry for a thread like this one and then they attack. A few have already shown up to this thread, the usual suspects will be here shortly. No need to name names, everybody knows who they are.

Guide: How to deal with Negativity Spinners!-negativity_spinners.jpg
    08-16-13 11:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Negativity_Spinners.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	193152
    Ha, nice pic but the pack I was referring to would be packing Android or iPhones

08-17-13 08:02 AM
    Isn't is simply the province of the moderator, to regulate and/or close threads that swing too far into sycophantic drivel - or the other way into hate?

People are allowed to express their opinions.

If a thread begins to get off topic and personal just lock it down - otherwise let it roll?

Wouldn't that be simpler?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    mikeo007, h20work and JeepBB like this.
    08-17-13 08:58 AM
    Isn't is simply the province of the moderator, to regulate and/or close threads that swing too far into sycophantic drivel - or the other way into hate?

People are allowed to express their opinions.

If a thread begins to get off topic and personal just lock it down - otherwise let it roll?

Wouldn't that be simpler?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    True and I'm sure the moderators at CB do that. However this is not just about forums. CB or any other. Its about any public portal where people comment. CB news stories for example. Or any other such place.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 11:29 AM
    I'm sitting here in Dunkin Donuts giggling like a maniac at louzer's pics. I should proudly leave before someone calls the cops.
    08-17-13 12:14 PM
    Yes, some can just ignore, some cant. Just to be clear, it is not my intention to discourage difference in opinion. I' am just trying to promote Objectivity.
    We had a thread like this a while back... it was all for objective discussion and debate too... but essentially OP on that thread wanted that "debate" to be between those who thought BB was doing great, and those who thought BB was doing really great. Nobody else was welcome to post in that land of sunshine and unicorns.

Good luck tho' ... hopefully BB will soon release some positive news for you all to debate.
    h20work likes this.
    08-17-13 12:24 PM
    This thread was built for me dealing with njblackberry.

I need a xanax after every post s/he makes.

Posted via CB10
    geoffsdad likes this.
    08-17-13 12:27 PM
    This thread was built for me dealing with njblackberry.

I need a xanax after every post s/he makes.

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty serious, maybe you should take TommesJay's suggestion don't you think?
    mikeo007, h20work, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    08-17-13 12:33 PM
    Ha, nice pic but the pack I was referring to would be packing Android or iPhones

Aren't those iPhones? Maybe it should be one iPhone and one S4.
    08-17-13 12:45 PM
    I don't use a BB and yes I care much to get a Z10 as I already love My Nexus 4, but as much as Shaleem comes across as a harsh BB fanatic he does have a point about " make up your own mind. " That is 100% , I respect that. People should not be told what to think or follow a crowd mentality. Apple users already do that. Id hate to see BB users become the same way.

Respect .
    08-17-13 12:56 PM
73 123