This was a long time coming. We all come across them on almost daily basis. Be it on Crackberry, BGR or any other public portal. These are the people who will take every positive news from Blackberry and put a negative spin on it. It is frustrating, not because they have something negative to say but because of their complete lack of objectivity. Most of us here at Crackberry have had bad experiences with Blackberry too, and we like to talk about them objectively. But thats not everyone. So heres my small guide on how to deal with them. -

To deal with them, we must first understand them.

1. They start reading a positive Blackberry story with an already made up mindset. - No, the positive story wont change anything about what they think/feel.
    2. Many of them know the topic/Blackberry's history well. - Yes, they will have what may seem like valid arguements against the positive story.
    3. They use logic only when it suits them.
    4. They do not believe in (ignore) probability, and when they do believe in it, they argue things will 'probably' go south with Blackberry.
    5. They are not here to be objective.

Now for how to deal with such people.

• DO NOT lose you S***
    • Only counter them when you know what you are talking about. - If you dont have sufficient knowledge, leave it to others to counter their arguments. You do not want to start an argument, lose and promote their negativity. Also you might be wrong to begin with.
    • Outsmart them - Since this is a person who is not being objective, it is not too hard to find loopholes and inconsistencies with their arguments. Use them in a dignified manner to outsmart and discredit their argument.
    • Know when to stop. - After a couple of back and fourth arguments, you have them in a corner and have just made a brilliant counter argument. Stop NOW. Dont get provoked by their reply, just stop. If you dont, it will usually come down to 'Well you have your point of view and I have mine, Lets just agree to disagree". This conclusion credits their initial argument, which makes everything you said pointless.
    • BE OBJECTIVE - If you are just going to be the other side of the extreme, you will come off as just as frustrating. Be objective and don't turn a blind eye on truth, EVEN IF its harsh towards Blackberry!
    Last edited by monil11; 08-16-13 at 05:40 PM.
    08-16-13 04:54 PM
    We need a "Guide: How to deal with Positivity Spinners!" ... whatever happened to reality?? Your overly positive attitude is just as bad as the negative ones...
    08-16-13 04:59 PM
    We need a "Guide: How to deal with Positivity Spinners!" ... whatever happened to reality?? Your overly positive attitude is just as bad as the negative ones...
    Please point out where I' am being overly positive.
    08-16-13 05:05 PM
    My guide is much simpler:

Unless your mortgage / rent, ability to feed yourself and / or family, see to your children's education, pay your bills and have a little left over to enjoy some of your life DEPENDS on the success or failure of BlackBerry, get over the fact that people think differently than you do.
    mikeo007, shaleem, SMocek and 23 others like this.
    08-16-13 05:10 PM

Unless your mortgage / rent, ability to feed yourself and / or family, see to your children's education, pay your bills and have a little left over to enjoy some of your life DEPENDS on the success or failure of BlackBerry, get over the fact that people think differently than you do.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    shaleem likes this.
    08-16-13 05:10 PM
    Forgot one. Get BlackBerry to produce some good and positive news. This would go a long way.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:11 PM
    He was promoting objectivity.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1, FastLane228 and monil11 like this.
    Man, we've really come to this.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.

Lol. Making such meta statements concerning people's thoughts surely renders you guilty of that which you berate.

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-16-13 05:15 PM
    I say **** them all. I'll make up my own mind. I don't need anyone to tell me how to think, feel etc. However, too many here think that as soon as someone posts a negative opinion, that they must be a troll. Many here have legitimate concerns and complaints. Don't try to turn the site into a forum fill of "yes " individuals and sheep. Too often many here lambast anyone who dares to be critical. I'm a BlackBerry fan, and user, and have been for years. I won't allow anyone to dictate what I can, and cannot say or believe. I use BlackBerry because I like it. It does what I want, and need it to do. It's my choice of phone and I could not care less if anyone approves, or not. I also use a Samsung phone. I like it too. Again, I neither ask for, nor seek the approval of others. My point is, no one has the right to judge whether someone is a troll or not

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-16-13 05:16 PM
    Lol. Making such meta statements concerning people's thoughts surely renders you guilty of that which you berate.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Please explain how.

08-16-13 05:17 PM

Yes, some can just ignore, some cant. Just to be clear, it is not my intention to discourage difference in opinion. I' am just trying to promote Objectivity.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-16-13 05:19 PM
    My approach? I won't visit the forums anymore, I'll just read the CB news headlines, and follow forum links to leaked OSs. I don't feel the need to read all this crap anymore, not on CB.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:23 PM
    Really? Please explain how.

You bothered to engage in a thread about a specific subject on an Internet forum and make a meta statement, expressing an opinion about an opinion. If doing so didn't feed your children, why bother?

Posted via CB10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    08-16-13 05:24 PM
    My approach? I won't visit the forums anymore, I'll just read the CB news headlines, and follow forum links to leaked OSs. I don't feel the need to read all this crap anymore, not on CB.

Posted via CB10

AND YET....... haha.

But honestly that is a good alternative for people willing to give up CB forums. Unfortunately I' am not one of them.
    08-16-13 05:25 PM
    AND YET....... haha.

But honestly that is a good alternative for people will to give up CB forums. Unfortunately I' am not one of them.
    Yeah, I had this idea a few times and I think now is the right time to do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:27 PM
    You bothered to engage in a thread about a specific subject on an Internet forum and make a meta statement, expressing an opinion about an opinion. If doing so didn't feed your children, why bother?
    First, you are responding to the wrong person.

Second, with respect to "meta statement"

08-16-13 05:29 PM
    Step 1: close your eyes
    Step 2: click your ruby red slippers together three times
    Step 3: say "There's no place like Waterloo, there's no place like Waterloo, there's no place like Waterloo"

Poof! Negativity GONE (consequently, though, NAIVETE is increased...it's like Yin and Yang....can't have one without the other)
    JeepBB and R Field like this.
    08-16-13 05:30 PM
    First, you are responding to the wrong person.

Second, with respect to "meta statement"

Nice picture.

I used the term twice to refer to the same incident. The term does indeed mean "a comment about a comment" (to put it simply, which seems required here). I guess we can / that now.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:33 PM
    Nice picture.

I used the term twice to refer to the same incident. The term does indeed mean "a comment about a comment" (to put it simply, which seems required here). I guess we can / that now.

Posted via CB10
    In the education world, "metacognition" is used often to describe "thinking about what one is thinking about"...I knew what you said
    leonardNEMOY likes this.
    08-16-13 05:36 PM
    Forgot one. Get BlackBerry to produce some good and positive news. This would go a long way.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10

I understand what you are saying. But in a way 'positive news from Blackberry' would just be the start of the entire process I describe in the OP. Positive news from Blackberry --> Comments which lack objectivity --> Refer to the guide.
    08-16-13 05:43 PM
    Problem is, there are loads of people who are objective but they get called trolls because being objective forces you to see some negatives too. And right now an objective person would realize that there's not that much to be positive about.
    08-16-13 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking very much on the same lines as you. This place is going downhill fast (just like BBRY).
    08-16-13 05:50 PM
    Problem is, there are loads of people who are objective but they get called trolls because being objective forces you to see some negatives too. And right now an objective person would realize that there's not that much to be positive about.
    I agree. And therefore the last line in the OP. About not much positive news ATM, that is true as well unfortunately.
    08-16-13 05:54 PM

and you arrived at all that from reading the OP? Wow....carry on then
    08-16-13 05:59 PM
73 123