Just because android does widgets doesn't mean another os can't. As a matter of facts, awesome Firefox os has or is going to get widgets. You should do what's best, if another company or product already does it then oh well, no one cares, just try to make it better or st least as good.

Active frames are awesome imo but they are the same as widgets except they aren't interactive, you can't place wherever you want, can't resize them, they only appear if you open an app and once a ninth app is opened the first active frames gets closed.

Clearly widgets are better. And just because you add widgets doesn't mean active frames have to disappear. BlackBerry could give both options and they should.

Also, customization is also on android and I believe windows phone also does some customization like having a weather widget on your lock screen.

AND most importantly, full customization, control and freedom is exactly how it should be and what all consumers should want.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 03:22 AM
    I'm always hoping that some api will get unlocked for developer, stuff like wifi toggle
    Nharzhool and flyingsolid like this.
    05-08-14 04:50 AM
    I hope they can update the contacts list and allow for more customization, like allowing one contact to have several phone numbers under if, with customizable names.

I also would like to see the copy paste items improved. Rather than icons I'd prefer to see the words

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 05:30 AM
    I think there will be an overall option for toggling between a Light or Dark theme across the whole operating system.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    05-08-14 05:32 AM
    I want updating icons ie as in BB legacy OS and also clear cache option in all apps or that BB makes it compulsory for a dev to clear cache on exit
    05-08-14 06:58 AM
    05-08-14 07:02 AM
    Native social feeds?

/p.
    05-08-14 07:07 AM
    I mentioned few of my complains and wishes a couple of months before,
    - Android Runtime, is for sure not the smoothest and also it is not integrated well (we cant even share content from Ports to Native, headless support, Hub integration, etc.)
    --- runtime getting updated to 4.3, shareframework v2 coming, hub integration and background run is to be confirmed

- Active Frames (total no use as of now, we need some real action on this in form of pinning, widgets etc)
    --- we have a new home screen, use as of now is not unveiled. Hoping these to come.

- Lock Screen use (as of very basic, can be used more)
    --- Still the same. We have now 2 different wallpapers for home and lock screen

- BB10 UI consistency
    --- I guess they are trying to move in this direction

- BB10 UI beautification, quite far, it needs a lot of improvement.(font, color, some bit of flat etc)
    --- no more background for icons, flat design, color etc are updated, new icons...

- Camera app
    --- it is updated and more to come. It seems very good

- Maps and office support
    --- still behind. Maybe Android runtime update would answer all

- GSF and GPlay
    --- a bit of solution, where account integration is coming. But still Google is a big problem.

- BB Z10 STL100 supports FM, Wifi Direct and Miracast, please enable them since you are now selling Z10 as the least expensive device and mostly in emerging markets.(NO Answer)

- Radio files( they need a big update)
    --- seems so but still work hard guys. Battery optimization will come the most from this area.

- Equaliser
    ---- No update

- Call block(number/contact basis)
    --- No update

- Keyboard
    --- Prediction needs to be more accurate and better. There is big scope as now. Doesn't mean its bad now :P

- Wifi Toggle mode
    --- Automatic on/off based on location and time

- BBOS missing features
    --- slowly there are coming.

Overall its a nice update so far. Lets see what new they bring which no one has.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    05-08-14 07:15 AM
    Live video streaming via bbm channels!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    05-08-14 07:50 AM
    Get an android for widgets.

Actually after reading what you posted...android is better for you.

Widgets and customisation like android. Lol

You are on the wrong platform/OS

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree. I want maximum customizing options...but I want it with a BlackBerry OS and hardware. Not Android or any other platform.
    The Big Picture and menshawy like this.
    05-08-14 08:13 AM
    Customizable LED colours!!!
    So first kill off all of those poor Flashlight developers, now you want them to kill off all of the Profile Changers.....

Personally I'm all for it! How hard could it be to add such a simple feature that so many would think was COOL. I know that is what gets a lot of people to ask what phone I'm using.
    jaydee5799 and menshawy like this.
    05-08-14 08:25 AM
    I wouldn't count on it JD lol
    I know AJ....but a girl can dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kbz1960, ajst222 and menshawy like this.
    05-08-14 08:38 AM
    I have two guesses.
    -Home screen shortcuts for Q devices.
    -API being opened up for ShortcutMe.
    05-08-14 08:43 AM
    So first kill off all of those poor Flashlight developers, now you want them to kill off all of the Profile Changers.....

Personally I'm all for it! How hard could it be to add such a simple feature that so many would think was COOL. I know that is what gets a lot of people to ask what phone I'm using.
    While it would be nice, I'm all for supporting the Devs of BeBuzz and Hub++ etc.

They're actually already adding most of the things that I want...

Though, I would like a Parallax wallpaper...that would be awesome!
    05-08-14 08:48 AM
    Weather on lock screen

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool and menshawy like this.
    05-08-14 08:53 AM
    Virtual track pad would be awesome for cut and paste and text selection

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:57 AM
    I would really like this, however it would probably be tough considering that you need to swipe up and down to view all of your active frames. Maybe you could hold it for a second and then swipe up? They would just need to figure something out.
    Or maybe make the X bigger
    05-08-14 09:24 AM
    I want to see the "Home Page" rotate 90 degrees like the playbook. Then I want an HDMI/Charging dock so I can use my Z30 like a PC.
    BB10_fan1 likes this.
    05-08-14 09:34 AM
    Ability to close all Active Frames with one click...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:35 AM
    Lots of good ideas in here. I'm partial to the dark theme (should be easy and I know, not functional, just a UI thing) and the option to hide icons No more "CRAP" folder lol Hmm. . . wonder if I can HIDE the crap folder. . .
    05-08-14 10:13 AM
    Application short cuts from the home screen for us keyboard addicts!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:43 AM
    Stream live video via bbm channels!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-08-14 11:08 AM
    A better Contact Management !!!!! It needs to be addressed !
    BB10_fan1 likes this.
    05-08-14 11:09 AM
    BlackBerry Bridge with full functionality plus enhanced support for large documents.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-08-14 11:16 AM
    Nine icons previews in the folders (instead of four).
    05-08-14 12:11 PM
102 1234 ...