This website talks about Blackberry loosing sales in Indian market on MoM basis with some nice data.
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) India Woes To Continue?
    05-31-16 01:23 PM
    They've priced themselves out of the third world, simple as that. Unless they can compete with a Chinese sweatshop on price (which they can't), it'll remain that way.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and web99 like this.
    05-31-16 01:26 PM
    They based their "assumptions" on data collected from Zauba.com.

We used it to kinda track the Z3 sales when it was launched a couple of years ago, and I've checked other devcies from time to time. As I understand it that site somehow is able to track most all legitimate commercial imports. It was pretty accurate with some of the later announced figures on Z3 sales there.

Maybe back in 2014 when the Z3 was launched, India and other still developing markets might have been a "goal" for future expansion. But at this point I think the consumer business (especially low end) is out of BlackBerry's reach. And apparently there isn't the type of enterprise market in India where vast quantities of managed devcies are required.

Interestingly... they have only imported 360 BlackBerry Priv into India.
    05-31-16 01:38 PM
    They've priced themselves out of the third world, simple as that. Unless they can compete with a Chinese sweatshop on price (which they can't), it'll remain that way.
    Lol, that is so ignorant. The same place where the iPhone does pretty well and last I checked, is priced way higher than a Priv.
    Blaming it on 'third world' is a cop-out.

If Samsung and Apple can price the way they do and sell, BB has no excuse.

Its a simple fact that this is a brand most in that country see as not worth the price tag. Same as here in South Africa.
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-31-16 04:16 PM
    Lol, that is so ignorant. The same place where the iPhone does pretty well and last I checked, is priced way higher than a Priv.

Its a simple fact that this is a brand most in that country see as not worth the price tag. Same as here in South Africa.
    Apple has a 1.82% market share in India. Samsung 2.99%. The rest is cheap, cheap stuff - mainly Android (64%).
    05-31-16 04:31 PM
    The iPhone does well in India? Really? I don't think it is.
    05-31-16 06:31 PM
    Apple has a 1.82% market share in India. Samsung 2.99%. The rest is cheap, cheap stuff - mainly Android (64%).
    Karbonn and Micromax... :-)

Andi and other things...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-31-16 06:48 PM
    Not quite sure what you're on about as Samsung has a large chunk:
    http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...1-idc-2805071/

There you have it, considering how expensive both Apple and Samsung devices can be, BB could have had a piece, but the simple fact is most aren't interested in the brand.

Even cheap BBs did not do very well in India e.g. the Z3s and so on.
    05-31-16 11:38 PM
    Well actually their pay is quite acceptable in the mainland, average salary is low in China, in China if you could earn like 30000 $ a year, you would be considered rich, in the states it's the salary of a regular cop.....
    06-01-16 12:59 AM
    Well actually their pay is quite acceptable in the mainland, average salary is low in China, in China if you could earn like 30000 $ a year, you would be considered rich, in the states it's the salary of a regular cop.....
    People tend to be extremely ignorant of the real situation in countries like India. The very damn reason it is considered a high growth market is due to MILLIONS of people in the population getting better education, employment, salaries and therefore buying more stuff, incl. smartphones.

If Samsung and Apple can sell tons of phones there, there is no excuse for anyone else.

I get amused by the '3rd World' comments thrown around. Smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Apple, LG, Sony etc... Do tons of market research before entering a market. They wouldn't be selling their flagships there if it was just some '3rd World' country where expensive phones don't sell

Either people are ignorant OR can't accept the simple fact that BB has become a brand that is not highly valued. Even in the USA, and many other '1st World' countries BB didn't do well, what? Did they under price themselves out the 1st World? The writing is on the wall guys.
    Fool Guy likes this.
    06-01-16 01:25 PM
    People tend to be extremely ignorant of the real situation in countries like India. The very damn reason it is considered a high growth market is due to MILLIONS of people in the population getting better education, employment, salaries and therefore buying more stuff, incl. smartphones.

If Samsung and Apple can sell tons of phones there, there is no excuse for anyone else.

I get amused by the '3rd World' comments thrown around. Smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Apple, LG, Sony etc... Do tons of market research before entering a market. They wouldn't be selling their flagships there if it was just some '3rd World' country where expensive phones don't sell

Either people are ignorant OR can't accept the simple fact that BB has become a brand that is not highly valued. Even in the USA, and many other '1st World' countries BB didn't do well, what? Did they under price themselves out the 1st World? The writing is on the wall guys.
    I agree in that there is a market for highend devices in India.

While Samsung and Apple aren't the big brands when it comes to marketshare, they do still sell a lot of phone. Much more than the 360 PIRVs that were imported. According to Zumba, the iPhone gets of several hundred or even a little over a thousand on a daily basis.

Price alone wasn't the issue with the PRIV...
    06-01-16 01:53 PM
    BlackBerry maintains that security is a luxury, the market agreed with them.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    kvndoom likes this.
    06-01-16 07:35 PM
    If only u know the struggle,,getting a new bb10 device in here is like getting dope i.e through contacts,, in my entire city[Amritsar]n same for my state[punjab] u wouldn't find a single store with any bb10 device though some may have used bold or curves,,i remember how I got my Z3 n classic,,people don't have patience,if someone visit the stores to get a blackberry device he/she ends up with iphone or samsung bcoz first u did't get to see how the device is n secondly u have to pre-order it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 09:19 PM
    BlackBerry maintains that security is a luxury, the market agreed with them.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    No I think the "market" just didn't see a value in BlackBerry's "security".

Did "security" ever really sell to consumers? Or was it Push email and great battery life back in the early days of smartphones? Was it the low cost BIS data plans that used compressed data and saved users in developing markets on their monthly bills?

Many stayed with BBOS because for their needs it was better than BB10....
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    06-02-16 12:57 PM

Last time I looked on Verizon an Apple SE was $399 and a Priv was $720. Only the apple 6s Plus and Samsung 7 edge were more than a Priv as I recall.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 08:01 PM
    They're too expensive... period

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 10:06 PM
    Last time I looked on Verizon an Apple SE was $399 and a Priv was $720. Only the apple 6s Plus and Samsung 7 edge were more than a Priv as I recall.

Posted via CB10
    So my point remains. The Apple iPhone 6S Plus is a 5.5inch Display phablet, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a 5.5inch Display phablet, and the Priv is a 5.4inch Phablet, those are its direct competitors.

No idea why you would bring in the iPhone SE into this, its a tiny 4inch display phone with a very different target market.
    Ronindan and tvst28 like this.
    06-02-16 11:38 PM
    So my point remains. The Apple iPhone 6S Plus is a 5.5inch Display phablet, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a 5.5inch Display phablet, and the Priv is a 5.4inch Phablet, those are its direct competitors.

No idea why you would bring in the iPhone SE into this, its a tiny 4inch display phone with a very different target market.
    No, the point doesn't remain. Most iphones are not much more than the Priv, they are less, especially the SE. Screen size isn't everything.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 10:25 PM
    No, the point doesn't remain. Most iphones are not much more than the Priv, they are less, especially the SE. Screen size isn't everything.

Posted via CB10
    No they aren't, the Priv has had price cuts, an iPhone6S and 6S Plus both go for more at this point, iPhones are well known for holding their value for a very long time.

In this case it is everything as the SE is not at all targeted at someone who would want a Priv. Quit trying to clutch at straws
    06-05-16 03:23 AM
    No offense but those stats are not true... the thing is BlackBerry marketing strategy is just pathetic,, and no after sales support what so ever..... (BTW using BlackBerry for a long time, can't even think of anything else :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 07:13 AM
    No offense but those stats are not true... the thing is BlackBerry marketing strategy is just pathetic,, and no after sales support what so ever..... (BTW using BlackBerry for a long time, can't even think of anything else :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 07:17 AM