I mean do they use the same brand equipment? This might be a little too off topic for the blackberry forum :-)

in any case, now i'm happily back on my ancient 8130 with it's tiny low rez screen and slow processor. but at least i have not lost a call in 36 hours.
    The brand name equipment they use is different. But i will say the EDGE/edge frequencies are the same. the HSPA signals are different.
    02-19-10 07:29 AM
    i can speak for St. Petersburg, Fl and for North Dakota...i had cingular when i was in FL, and i didnt get very good reception in my house, and my cousins who had verizon would have full bars. I now live in Minot ND and do alot of traveling all across this state for my job and i have alltel, and i get service everywhere. same with the people up here who have verizon. there are no ATT or Tmobile stores up here but some people still use them. They get service only in the bigger cities, like Minot, Bismark, Fargo....no 3G service up here but its a lil bit of service...the CDMA phones get service everywhere up here tho...even in the middle of nowhere, where all you see is open fields for miles....
    02-19-10 03:25 PM
    Isn't 3G GSM actually Wide band CDMA? CDMA is the superior technology....HSPA and all that are just further revisions of WCDMA to get higher data rates basically...but they are still using CDMA principles..

WCDMA has some advantages over CDMA...but as far as coverage questions...well...

it's the network

(Verizon has spent the most in the US to improve their network....but as far as your location, travel habits, and usage requirements that does not mean you will always have trouble with a less robust network)

(I believe Sprint has a roaming agreement with VZW, so Sprints coverage should be basically identical to VZW these days in most cases....)

Most of these comments in the thread are related to coverage not the actual differences in the technologies....
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 02-19-10 at 03:52 PM.
    02-19-10 03:48 PM
    CDMA sucks I never had reception inside building with Sprint now that I have ATT it work excellent!!! could be area aswell who knows
    02-19-10 04:14 PM
    cdma all the way
    02-21-10 01:58 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD