Apple first invented Face Time, then Air Drop, and now Finger Time!! It's so much more secure than passwords! I mean who can copy your fingerprint?!!!

All jokes aside, the finger print feature better be implemented properly. If you think about it, it's the equivalent of posting sticky notes everywhere with your password on it!

Check out Amino Acids at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/22823873/
    Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 09-10-13 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Supporting PinGuins ;)
    ddddafadf, Brandon Orr and earlym like this.
    09-10-13 08:29 PM
    Dude you are just a SPAMMER!! KRIS GET IN HERE AND BAN THIS NOOB.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9
    09-10-13 08:34 PM
    Dude you are just a SPAMMER!! KRIS GET IN HERE AND BAN THIS NOOB.

How am I a spammer Surge? Making fun of Apple for sure!
    09-10-13 08:36 PM
    Why are you posting a link to your app in your signature....punk

Download PinGuin: http://www.bit.ly/166KdTC
    09-10-13 08:38 PM
    Ha ha. Well, to be fair, the majority of people aren't going to be running around lifting your prints to get into your phone. If they wanted to get into your phone that badly, they might as well just interrogate you. I've always wanted a finger print reader for me phone. I've got one on my lenovo laptop and it's just so quick and easy to log on without having to type or even remember my password.
    09-10-13 08:39 PM
    Why are you posting a link to your app in your signature....punk

Download PinGuin: BlackBerry World - PinGuin
    I have my account set to not show signatures, but I see yours and the OP's as well. So, it looks like you are gaming the system somehow to make people look at it even when they have opted out. I personally think it is pretty annoying, that's why I turned them off in the first place.
    09-10-13 08:43 PM
    True, and same, I've also been using it for the same reason. But, your post shows how public sees Apple compared to BlackBerry!

I feel that a lot of the features in BB10 are really innovative or at least as innovative as a finger print scanner. Yet, in public's mind, it's the same as an iOS/android!

Ha ha. Well, to be fair, the majority of people aren't going to be running around lifting your prints to get into your phone. If they wanted to get into your phone that badly, they might as well just interrogate you. I've always wanted a finger print reader for me phone. I've got one on my lenovo laptop and it's just so quick and easy to log on without having to type or even remember my password.
    09-10-13 08:45 PM
    I have my account set to not show signatures, but I see yours and the OP's as well. So, it looks like you are gaming the system somehow to make people look at it even when they have opted out. I personally think it is pretty annoying, that's why I turned them off in the first place.
    I set my signature in the CB10 app. I'm not playing the system.

09-10-13 08:47 PM
    My sister uses it on her laptop as well. I'm more afraid of what apple will do with the information they collect from scanning peoples' fingers.

09-10-13 08:50 PM
    Create a finger print database to let the cops get you faster! I guess I'll be wearing gloves all the time now...

(I'm joking :P)

My sister uses it on her laptop as well. I'm more afraid of what apple will do with the information they collect from scanning peoples' fingers.

Download PinGuin: BlackBerry World - PinGuin
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-10-13 08:54 PM
    Create a finger print database to let the cops get you faster! I guess I'll be wearing gloves all the time now...

(I'm joking :P)
    Could also be used for medical purposes too though, what are the trade-offs going to be, I guess, is the big question.

09-10-13 09:00 PM
    Apple first invented Face Time, then Air Drop, and now Finger Time!! It's so much more secure than passwords! I mean who can copy your fingerprint?!!!

All jokes aside, the finger print feature better be implemented properly. If you think about it, it's the equivalent of posting sticky notes everywhere with your password on it!

Check out Amino Acids at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/22823873/
    This is awesome! So much for security. I thought finger chopping was going to be the new trend, but apparently it is not necessary. Thank you for sharing this video.
    09-10-13 09:13 PM
    This is not Canadian friendly. As John Snow would say, "Winter is Coming ". Ain't nobody have time for dat.

BlackBerry apps at bit.ly/15PnZm0
    09-10-13 09:15 PM
    I don't remember where I heard it from, but someone had mentioned at one point that the fingerprint scanners on laptops didn't take "because thieves need your fingers more than you do." Don't know how true that is, just something I overheard from somewhere.
    09-10-13 09:34 PM
    This is not Canadian friendly. As John Snow would say, "Winter is Coming ". Ain't nobody have time for dat.
    It's not really Jon Snow's, that's the Stark family motto.
    09-10-13 09:35 PM
    How is that annoying you? Do you have OCD and can't control yourself from clicking the link?
    09-10-13 09:38 PM
    Apple claims your finger prints are not stored anywhere. If they get caught keeping people's finger prints, its game over for Apple.
    09-10-13 09:42 PM
    Not really. Using that same logic the USA and Google etc should be done for. NSA Scandal is pretty much that exact situation.

09-10-13 09:47 PM
    Not really. Using that same logic the USA and Google etc should be done for. NSA Scandal is pretty much that exact situation.

What, storing biometric information?
    09-10-13 09:49 PM
    Don't think so.. no one will care. I mean no one cares that their own government is spying on them!

Apple claims your finger prints are not stored anywhere. If they get caught keeping people's finger prints, its game over for Apple.
    ddddafadf likes this.
    09-10-13 09:49 PM
    Don't think so.. no one will care. I mean no one cares that their own government is spying on them!
    Exactly. This is what I was saying. It isn't game over because NO ONE WILL CARE

09-11-13 12:17 AM
    I don't remember where I heard it from, but someone had mentioned at one point that the fingerprint scanners on laptops didn't take "because thieves need your fingers more than you do." Don't know how true that is, just something I overheard from somewhere.
    Fingerprint scanners on laptops never took off cause the scanners weren't very good, and because they got even worse over time.
    The new scanner that Apple uses in iphone5s however, is a new technology developed by Authhentec, that'd not only much more precise than previously, but also doesn't have a sensor that gets worse with time. And since Apple bought Authentec it's an Apple exclusive.
    09-11-13 12:35 AM
    What, storing biometric information?
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_2788.html

I thought the Feds stored that data...
    Was I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:37 AM
    Fingerprint scanners on laptops never took off cause the scanners weren't very good, and because they got even worse over time.
    The new scanner that Apple uses in iphone5s however, is a new technology developed by Authhentec, that'd not only much more precise than previously, but also doesn't have a sensor that gets worse with time. And since Apple bought Authentec it's an Apple exclusive.
    You're kind of falling for their marketing. I highly doubt it will be much better than previous efforts.

09-11-13 02:00 AM
    NFC systems have a better chance at security than this "new innovative idea". An idea of having a fob key place on a ring, or smart watch,similar to a cars keyless door entry, is a more practical way of achieving password less security.

Posted via CB10
    GSEYYZ likes this.
    09-11-13 08:05 AM
35 12