I am currently at a location that has no Nextel coverage but I have always been able to use WiFi to get my BIS services when in this part of the world.

This weekend I spent a few days where there wasn't even WiFi available and now that I'm back where there is WiFI coverage, my 8350i will not connect to BIS services anymore.

I discovered that my Host Routing Table is empty, and this is the reason why I can't get the services to work.

Since there is no mobile network coverage here, I can't get my HRT populated, so I assume I'm screwed until I get back to a Nextel covered area.

I think this was caused by the phone rebooting, so I gotta remember to not reboot the phone when I rely on WiFi.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the HRT populated again without mobile network coverage? I'll have coverage again later tomorrow, but this might be useful for others in case there is a solution.
    02-02-10 12:55 AM
    it shows you have Bold 9000, if you have 8350i too it should show IDEN & WIFI. Not sure why it would not connect
    02-02-10 05:49 PM
    it shows you have Bold 9000, if you have 8350i too it should show IDEN & WIFI. Not sure why it would not connect
    Haven't updated the profile hehe. I do have an 8350i, but the list was completely emtpy.

Once the 8350i acquired a Nextel signal and registered, the HRT was populated again and I can connect using WiFi without a problem.

Talking to someone else I discovered that they had the same problem I did. We were outside the coverage area for the same amount of time and we both were unable to connect through wifi at the same time and were fine once we went back into iDEN coverage.

My theory is that the HRT entries expire every month, so when February kicked in they got deleted and since our blackberries were not connected to BIS at the time, they never got updated and after that they were unable to get connected to BIS over WiFi until they got the HRT entries again, and this only happened when the phone registered with the Nextel towers. It would be nice to be able to manually edit the HRT, but I don't see the option anywhere. Maybe there is a key combination that can be pressed in that screen to manually add entries.
    02-03-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD