I guess I should quit skimming post's, totally assumed he was on tmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 12:22 AM
    Go to connections and then services status n tell me what it says for wifi

i went to service status and wifi network says
    active profile: SyKoOL
    ssid: SyKoOL
    type: 802.11b/g

also for your information my router is a linksys wrt54gl

thanks guys for your time!
    09-15-09 06:25 AM
    From this info I feel lIke you actually are connected

09-15-09 07:12 AM
    What is the actual issue, the WIFI indicator being grayed out or no WIFI connectivity? Can you connect to the internet with the browser set to hotspot browser? The WIFI indicator will always be grayed out if you don't have the BB data plan, but you will still be connected to the internet. The white WIFI indicator means you are connected to the BB network. In manage connections you will see a white dash to the right of your WIFI network connection if you are connected but not connected to the BB network.
    09-15-09 08:44 AM
    What is the actual issue, the WIFI indicator being grayed out or no WIFI connectivity? Can you connect to the internet with the browser set to hotspot browser? The WIFI indicator will always be grayed out if you don't have the BB data plan, but you will still be connected to the internet. The white WIFI indicator means you are connected to the BB network. In manage connections you will see a white dash to the right of your WIFI network connection if you are connected but not connected to the BB network.
    thanks zwood now my other question is because i not connected to bb network and i use my wifi at home or any hotspot will i be charged from at&t when i check email and stuff like that? i know if i leave hot spot area then i will be charge. But thanks again u gave me a better understanding of the indicator
    09-15-09 11:29 AM
    Sorry, I'm not sure how AT&T bills. You might want to call them and see what they say, better to know now than get a bill that is twice the normal charge.
    09-15-09 11:40 AM
    As long as you don't leave the wireless network or hotspot you should be good to go. Wifi is free its connected to the internet through the router and thus making it free. Although I would check with att just to double check

09-15-09 06:30 PM
    thanks guys again! just one last question then we dead this post is should i leave my browser setup to hotspot browser then the media net?
    09-15-09 07:49 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD