I really like this one compared to stupid random transitions that they have airing the whole time.

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    11-29-13 11:49 PM
    How is this different? Still out of touch, still pathetic compared to Samsung and Apple commercials, which actually give the impression that they actually want to both entertain and sell you a high quality product.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Because she Z50 Doesn't Exist Yet...
    11-29-13 11:55 PM
    How is this different? Still out of touch, still pathetic compared to Samsung and Apple commercials, which actually give the impression that they actually want to both entertain and sell you a high quality product.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Because she Z50 Doesn't Exist Yet...
    I think your signature says it all...You will not understand it...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 12:12 AM
    Notice it's called "zee thirty" throughout the ad, then the last reference is "zed thirty"? Strange.

Decent ad, but really boring. Boring format, boring voice, boring music. Needs much more punch and needs to take on the competition directly. What are they afraid of? If you don't show people, clearly and simply, the ways in which the phone is superior, it won't stick in their minds.

Let's hear the speakers vs. The others. How about miracast? How about showing a usb drive connected? Usb host mode. Show the battery life versus the competition.

No COOL or WOW factor.
    ajst222 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-30-13 04:00 AM
    Yawn...I fell asleep. I've seen that before. I wouldn't consider that a commercial anyway. It's more of just a demo video. It's not exciting. It's boring. The most boring advertisements consist of someone just sitting there talking while the product is demoed. This is that.
    kbz1960, BroncoVAL, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    11-30-13 07:35 AM
    I think the people that Microsoft hired is doing a good job. Bbry needs those types of commercials

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-13 08:35 AM
    When BlackBerry did superball disaster people said commercial didn't show phone at all...and now the commercial shows phone features, now people are saying it's boring because it's not showing human element...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:54 AM
    They need a commercial with ppl actually using and raving over the phone. Gimmick advertising works, look at the earliest apple commercials and the latest Samsung ones.
    And also subliminal advertising creates fan base

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:08 AM
    If they are still going to make commercials, which I don't think this is, like they always have they might as save their money. Just look at the commercials competitors make but I guess when your only after enterprise and prosumers maybe that's all they need to see and hear? I doubt that too.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-30-13 09:15 AM
    Yeah, its kind of boring. I ended up flipping through my hub as it was playing in the background.

Not exciting.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:22 AM
    When BlackBerry did superball disaster people said commercial didn't show phone at all...and now the commercial shows phone features, now people are saying it's boring because it's not showing human element...
    Well, this is certainly better than the Super Bowl ad, which didn't even show the new OS it was supposed to be advertising, but maybe this ad goes too far in the other direction. In my opinion, BlackBerry needs to compare and contrast its OS with iOS and Android, show what it can do that the others can't, or what it can do better than the others. Otherwise, they're not really giving Apple and Android users a compelling reason to switch. If the ads are done with style and humor they won't come across as "bashing" the other guys.

I think one of the best examples of this type of ad is the great "Mac vs. PC" ads from a few years back. Here's one that advertises the Mac's "Time Machine" backup feature:

By the way, Time Machine saved my digital life a few months ago when my MacBook's hard drive decided not to work anymore. I bought a new, blank hard drive and installed it myself. When I turned the Mac on, it recognized that the hard drive didn't have an operating system, so it downloaded and installed OS X from Apple's servers automatically. Then it restored from the Time Machine backup. When it was done, my Mac was exactly as it had been before the hard drive failed. Like it never even happened.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    11-30-13 10:02 AM
    They need a commercial with ppl actually using and raving over the phone. Gimmick advertising works, look at the earliest apple commercials and the latest Samsung ones.
    And also subliminal advertising creates fan base

Posted via CB10
    Thought the Apple commercial for the iPhone 5C was good, showing all different types of people from different countries and cultures excitedly using the phones, and all the different colors.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:12 AM
    I don't see this as a commercial. It's more of a feature walk through.
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:51 AM
    I hate to admit it but that Z30 'commercial ' is just plain BAD! It serves a purpose for a small demographic in business but where's the commercial for the normal consumer? I know BlackBerry was originally intended for the corporate world & it's served them well. The consumer market is where the money is! You have an innovative new OS now get an innovative entertaining commercial out there! It doesn't have to be a big production it has to be smart, fun & captivating! These simple adverts are embarrassing.

It's ironic that the OS is so innovative but when it comes to marketing they cannot innovate to save their lives!

Maybe their plan is getting out of handsets. If true that would be another huge mistake. As far as I can see the competition has continued to leave the door open but BlackBerry keep failing on walking through! Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:57 AM
    Thought the Apple commercial for the iPhone 5C was good, showing all different types of people from different countries and cultures excitedly using the phones, and all the different colors.

Posted via CB10
    The 5c commercial was great! The reason is because it made it about something larger than the phone itself...sort of the big picture. As I said, the best commercials aren't about the phone's features. They:
    1) connect the phone to something larger/more important/sentimental,
    2) use comedy and satire, and
    3) leave the user wondering/hanging and in a way intrigue the user.

I disagree with most people when they say that the BlackBerry Super Bowl commercial was bad. I thought it was good. It falls under the category of 3. It's about what BB10 "can't do" rather than what it can. It's genius! Throughout the commercial, the viewer is thinking "what the heck is going on?" and they are kept in suspense. Then when the finally find out, it's that "OOHHHH!" feeling...but yet they're still left wondering just a bit. I think it's brilliant.

It's not boring. It doesn't just list off features and show off the device. The only problem I have with the commercial is not the commercial itself; it's the timing. WHY THE **** WOULD BLACKBERRY AIR A SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL FOR A DEVICE THAT WON'T LAUNCH FOR ANOTHER 2 MONTHS!!?? That was just idiotic. By the time the device was available, the aspect of leaving the viewer hanging wore off. It was a waste.
    fmb8 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:35 PM
    Edit - wrong forum
    11-30-13 07:28 PM