Dunno which forum this suppose to be under its just my two cents about technology trends in regards to BB..

I believe RIM's Blackberry was not focus on consumers or even marketed to the consumer initially. It was a device built for businesses to run more smoothly thus they would have away where they can be in the communication loop 24/7. When Blackberry was introduce to govt. and corporate worlds as means to literally get things "done' in a "secure" way. Business and govt alike jump on it. Because of that the everyday consumer begin to search out blackberry devices. It was never blackberry so to say marketing to the everyday consumer (I could be wrong in this please correct me if I am) but the consumer seeking out blackberry and making it into the "smartphone" giant.

People fell in love with the fact they could email, text and bbm on the go without having to log onto a computer and hearing the "You got mail" thus you have the birth of the social media on the go. Thanks to whom? A little Canadian company call RIM.

The short side of this is Social media wasnt RIM's nitch therefore they never concentrated on the other aspects of social media. We all know what happen as a result of this it gave open to the question what if I blackberry type smartphone that could have video, games, and music......

In short I compare this to how America was built on landlines while other countries such as Asia was built on wireless. America doesnt hold a candle to some of the wireless technology there are in other countries. Will America's tech catch up to some of the advance tech in other country that has yet to be seen. Why? there were two different focus points in the beginning. The same can be said with RIM. Will they catch up or stay alive to be revelant to the other OS out there who have a jump on them? Only technology will tell. Great tech gives way to word of mouth and it has its way of making ppl addicted to it (case in point the this site's name) as the saying goes real reconize real. The beautiful thing about techology is the day after its release it becomes outdated. Why? because there's always new and better techology that's being built off the current. Mark my word there is some new inventor out there that has inside him or her to make a OS better than any out there today. That is a beautiful thing to me.

Pick the cellphone that's right for you because no matter what "technology" is such a beast it can make the cellphone you love and adore disappear at anytime.

I believe BB 10 can be the technology beast in itsself, does anyone else agree with me here?
    06-21-12 12:29 PM
    I believe BB 10 can be the technology beast in itsself, does anyone else agree with me here?
    Just as soon as one is released with a physical keyboard, I'll pay it serious attention.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-21-12 12:31 PM
    There is a theory the reason Germany and Japan were manufacturing powerhouses is their manufacturing capability was utterly destroyed in World War II. Because of that, they totally rebuilt that infrastructure using modern technologies and techniques. While the USA and England were using factories build in the previous century.

If that theory holds, it stands to reason the newest entrant into a category has the advantage of building their models using lessons learned by the early entrants. Since RIM was arguably the first entrant in the smartphone category, they would be at a disadvantage to newer entrants.

It's interesting to me RIM has completely transformed it self. RIM is, in effect, a new company with a new product. Let's hope the "newest entrant" winner theory holds.

By the way, Apple is now the oldest player of any size in the smartphone segment.
    06-21-12 01:14 PM
    You're so right with that, I have to do more research on the theory therefore I cant comment on it in detail at this point. However, there is a old theory that is docuemented if the economy is down start a war to boost it.

I believe with the leadership and the redirection of RIM "today" they are for the most part looking at the smart phone game as "new" players to it. Of course there are pros and cons with this being that only 1 out of 10 new businesses make it to their fifth year. But RIM has what other "newer" players would not have and that is a cult following.

If RIM can market to the consumer as well as it did to govt and businesses when it first introduced the blackberry, along with great tech I foresee them being well on their way to 200mill subscribers come this time next year. Only difference is when you in the private sector you are invited into the enities house to present your product. Here all forms of social media is your boardroom and its up to a great presentation to sell it to the mass.

Me personally I am riding on tech(qnx) that's running various forms of technology in space right now than anything IOS or Andriod can put out....

To quote my favorite guy on the tv show leverage.....Age of the geek baby.....Age of the geek!!

Let the best tech win..

There is a theory the reason Germany and Japan were manufacturing powerhouses is their manufacturing capability was utterly destroyed in World War II. Because of that, they totally rebuilt that infrastructure using modern technologies and techniques. While the USA and England were using factories build in the previous century.

If that theory holds, it stands to reason the newest entrant into a category has the advantage of building their models using lessons learned by the early entrants. Since RIM was arguably the first entrant in the smartphone category, they would be at a disadvantage to newer entrants.

It's interesting to me RIM has completely transformed it self. RIM is, in effect, a new company with a new product. Let's hope the "newest entrant" winner theory holds.

By the way, Apple is now the oldest player of any size in the smartphone segment.
    06-21-12 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD