I downloaded it and was getting use to the lag time but I was having problems with the voice commands cutting off half way through the command. Instead of "500 feet ahead; turn left" I was getting "500 feet ahe----------------". I liked the App but I wonder if I'm having problems because of my Sprint 4.3 OS. I removed the App and will try it again if and when Sprint releases a 4.5 or higher OS.

Sent from my Blackberry Crackberry with Shnozzberries SON!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 02:23 PM
    Works great on my 8110
    12-13-08 03:00 PM
    I removed the App and will try it again if and when Sprint releases a 4.5 or higher OS.
    You can use other companies OS releases, just remove the vendor.xml file after install, works fine.
    12-13-08 07:51 PM
    Could not use this app in my 8330 curve with acs wireless. could not find satellites up here in alaska. hope i can find an app that will work for my bb. although i could go back to the good ol trusty magellan. maybe the bb antennae is too short. any body have any luck here in alaska? must remove app now.
    12-14-08 01:02 AM
    I downloaded it and was getting use to the lag time but I was having problems with the voice commands cutting off half way through the command. Instead of "500 feet ahead; turn left" I was getting "500 feet ahe----------------". I liked the App but I wonder if I'm having problems because of my Sprint 4.3 OS. I removed the App and will try it again if and when Sprint releases a 4.5 or higher OS.

Sent from my Blackberry Crackberry with Shnozzberries SON!

Hey there, I have been playing with this great program a bit on my sprint 8330 and have been having problems with the audio also. I have ran it on the 4.3 os along with 4.5.0.87 and I am now on 4.5.0.97 with the same problem. From looking on their forum it seems like others are having the same problems on the 8330s. It seems like a nice program with a lot of potential. For my area the navigation seems a little better than the telnav that sprint comes with.

12-14-08 02:10 AM
    Could not use this app in my 8330 curve with acs wireless. could not find satellites up here in alaska. hope i can find an app that will work for my bb. although i could go back to the good ol trusty magellan. maybe the bb antennae is too short. any body have any luck here in alaska? must remove app now.
    Tried the garmin version and was suprised at how fast it locked on, the turn by turn was inaccurate as far as chosing a suitable route but was quick to reroute when it knew we were off track but at 40mph you are half a mile down the road before it completes a reroute. The maps and voice are nice and tells you well before the turn. At $99.00 I wopuld have to say you get what you pay for, you have a seven day trial also. I'm just glad to see it in operation here in alaska

12-14-08 06:59 PM
    I downloaded nav4all which is another free voice navigation app and was having the problem with the voice commands cutting out again. It has to be the phone or I have some audio/speaker setting set wrong.
    12-15-08 12:11 AM
    does this work on EDGE too? it says it only works for 3G and GPRS...
    12-15-08 08:41 AM
    does this work on EDGE too? it says it only works for 3G and GPRS...
    As far as the coders are concerned from a BB point of view they're all classed as GPRS.

CDMA, IDEN, and a few others have their own APIs, but GPRS, EDGE and UTMS all share the same APIs.
    12-15-08 08:44 AM
    thanks! i will download it onto my bold and let you all know how it works.
    12-15-08 12:32 PM
    I also have had problems with this program since I installed it. Choppy audio and it doesn't show any GPS capability. I upgraded OS last night. The GPS is on for Maps now. I know Verizon had it off until very recently. As a result, can't really give any type of review.
    12-15-08 12:40 PM
    I used it last nite to get home from work. The first time I used it. I figured out how to input the endpoint and it was off to the races. It worked great. And when I made a turn not on its list, it rerouted me just perfectly to my house, in less than 30 seconds.

I really must say this is a pretty nice piece of software and the price is RIGHT.

Michael
    12-15-08 02:39 PM
    Amaze doesn't work for me, no GPS signal. VZW unlocked GPS for BBMaps and obviously VZNav, bot no other apps? :-/
    12-17-08 10:02 AM
    I just tried LifeinPocketand it doesn't say the name of the street where you need to turn. It just states, turn right, now!

Beeray
    05-26-09 10:14 PM
    I'm a GPS dummy and Amaze works really good for me. All I need it for is to get me somewhere so I just put in the address and it tells me. I like that! I agree the maps look cartoonish but the turn by turn works for me.
    05-27-09 12:47 AM
    Anyone else use AMaze GPS Navigation program? I admit, I didn't use the search key to see if this software has been discussed- but even if it has, it should be mentioned again because it works really well, it's free, and it has voice navigation. Works on BB's with GPS, of course. Great maps, satellite views, weather, easier to use than the others I've tried. Even has European maps! I believe it comes from Germany. Must have for those that like high-techie apps on their Berry!
    don't believe what this guy says, he is a liar, amaze ain't free, just freaking tried
    10-10-10 11:48 PM
    don't believe what this guy says, he is a liar, amaze ain't free, just freaking tried
    I'm "that guy" and if you actually used that mass inside the top of your head, (In your case loosely known as a BRAIN)- you could easily have noticed that the post you are referring to was written TWO YEARS AGO---when Amaze was a FREE PROGRAM....

OH---and World War 2 ended in case you haven't heard....
    10-11-10 08:12 AM
    wow, funny... way to resurrect a dead thread!
    10-11-10 02:09 PM
    What a shame, it looks pretty good now.

Think I will stick with Telmap Navigator
    11-24-10 03:03 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD