I could be wrong but I never saw it or heard of it to my knowledge but wouldn't it be great if you can schedule when a text goes out? Imagine you have a birthday coming up and your phone sends out the Happy Birthday text that you type in earlier in the week or day so that it goes out when the person's Birthday hits. Or what about if you're in a different country than a friend and you know they are sleeping at the time you are awake you pre schedule the text to go out when that person is awake. The same can be said to be done with emails Do I have something with this or am I flapping in the wind?
    08-27-12 11:30 PM
    In the great name of apple "There's an app for that" if I'm not mistaken siri does half of this. Crazy isn't it...but its a start.
    08-27-12 11:40 PM
    Yup, there's an app for BlackBerry.. But it would be great to have this as on OS enabled feature, nothing like having it embedded into the system vs. running apps.

Good example by the OP.
    08-28-12 12:35 AM
    Tasker for Android can do that I believe. Only played with it a couple times, but it's quite advanced apparently.
    08-28-12 12:41 AM
    Tasker for Android can do that I believe. Only played with it a couple times, but it's quite advanced apparently.
    I don't know a feature like that can easy be overlooked by all the other awesomeness of bb10. Its a nice app just downloaded it in addition being a battery hog and finding its way in the delete bucket.
    08-28-12 01:41 AM
    Well it's a very subjective.. Cannot determine the usability of it with number of users.. It's one of those things where it would be good if it's provided but in such cases RIM mostly let's go of it..
    08-29-12 11:46 PM
    My last "flip-phone" was an LG and had that feature built in. You could schedule for up to 12 hours, with certain increment options. It was fun, and I actually used it to get out of trouble with a girlfriend or two so I could send a text and be safely in bed by the time she received it. ha!

Does anyone know what this app for the BlackBerry is? And/or if it works on the 9930?
    08-30-12 03:32 AM
    You can do it on a BB.. download crunchsms from app world. I use it instead of the stock sms app. Remember to block SMS in your firewall settings so u dont get sms coming in twice i.e. stock app and crunchsms.

Crunchsms also supports emoji's and loads more emoticons than the bb and u can customize everything. Also has a quick reply pop up so u dont have to exit an app to check a new sms.

I love it and i'm sure you would too.

Sent from my Black.. and now your girl ain't going back.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 08-30-12 at 07:36 PM.
    08-30-12 07:32 PM
    Yeah there's an app out there called Future Text that does what you are wanting.
    08-30-12 08:18 PM
    I remember back when we actually had to REMEMBER birthdays....this sounds stupid. If I actually care about the person, then I will REMEMBER to send them my own birthday message. This doesn't sound like that great of a feature (IMO) so I obviously wouldn't care if it is on BB10 at all.

I also remember when we had to remember peoples' phone numbers :O....crazy right? haha
    08-30-12 08:28 PM
    @ajst222 I agree, if the OS has remembering to send the text built in it really devalues the birthday text, and makes me have to go back to the Birthday Phone call, which is a real challenge with time zones and such.

Hootsuite does this preplanning for Tweets, and I am sure more and more of this planning and management of communications is coming with apps if it existed, I'd love for RIM to make it so you know it was sent with a time delay feature
    08-30-12 08:37 PM
    @ajst222 I agree, if the OS has remembering to send the text built in it really devalues the birthday text, and makes me have to go back to the Birthday Phone call, which is a real challenge with time zones and such.

Hootsuite does this preplanning for Tweets, and I am sure more and more of this planning and management of communications is coming with apps if it existed, I'd love for RIM to make it so you know it was sent with a time delay feature
    I mean, yes some people might find this helpful, but I'm not sure I would use it at all. But I also agree that planned messaging will start becoming more popular, but I don't see it becoming really popular any time soon.
    08-30-12 08:45 PM
    Future Scheduler App – Schedule Text Messages, Emails, Status Update or Phone call - N4BB

Looks like N4BB did a post about an App that does what the OP wants for BlackBerry
    08-30-12 10:24 PM
    I remember back when we actually had to REMEMBER birthdays....this sounds stupid. If I actually care about the person, then I will REMEMBER to send them my own birthday message. This doesn't sound like that great of a feature (IMO) so I obviously wouldn't care if it is on BB10 at all.

I also remember when we had to remember peoples' phone numbers :O....crazy right? haha
    I work with literally hundreds of kids and adults on a very regular basis, some of whom are dealing with a lot. A simple text does make the difference.

I wish I could remember all, but I do slip. Heck, it's one reason I stay on FB... birthday reminders. Scheduling texts can be a lifesaver.

Ditto on the phone numbers though. I used to memorize them. Now I barely recall at most 4 or 5, and most are spouse-related.
    08-30-12 10:31 PM
    Interesting feature but I'm not sure if I'd ever use it but who knows maybe I'd schedule nice little birthday greeting emails to my sibs in the midwest months ahead of time. I'm terrible about the birthday thing.
    08-30-12 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD