BlackBerry Z30 review: flagship down | Gearburn

Why is there such a disconnect between Tech sites and user reviews, I can supply short cuts to tech review after tech review
    and its like their regurgitating the same information. Its a given that a new platform will have a poor app selection, when compared to the competition.
    Its a given that new features need to be added to evolve the platform, but this does not diminish the strengths of the platform and this is where I feel the disconnect begins.

Users are telling a different story, I have only seen maybe three user reviews where they have complained about lag, crashing and general poor performance of the browser, yet you will see this written in every tech review. From Verizon to Bell, Rogers, Amazon, and Carphone Warehouse the Reviews of the Z30 are stellar.
    These reviews come from Iphone users. android user and Blackberry user, all saying the same thing how much they like their phone, great screen , sound, email, browser, Keyboard. How do we as consumers weed through the noise to find honest reporting, its unfortunate that the vast majority of consumers are swayed by social and media pressure ( because wow todays consumer is missing out of some very cool tech) not just mobile tech.

So how does a company rebuild and image, how can we fix the disconnect between actual user feed back and relentless negative media sentiment.
    This is the real challenge for Chen and the gang and I wish them the best.

One more thought, recently I asked my 16 year old niece what is the most important thing you need from your phone. Her answer I need to be social, I need to be able to text and stay connected. So I said, your phones keyboard is really important and how fast it lets you interact with your friends, is basically what you want.
    Her answer yes. So I showed her the video comparing the Iphone to the Z30 and how much better it is for what she needs. She watched, said wow that's cool and even said how much faster the z30 is. My last question to her was so which phone is better for your mobile needs, her answer the Iphone because BlackBerry is ****!!!

Go figure, I guess that is just the way it is.
    kcorey and pcguy514 like this.
    01-14-14 08:19 PM
    Tech reviewers usually are no more qualified to write tech reviews than the average monkey.

Visit Geek Lite C00123875
    .pinkberry likes this.
    01-14-14 08:51 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 review: flagship down | Gearburn
    Why is there such a disconnect between Tech sites and user reviews, I can supply short cuts to tech review after tech review and its like their regurgitating the same information
    Regurgitating negative opinions bring hits to their sites, regardless of whether their statements are true or not. User reviews are not after money and they've actually used the device.
    01-15-14 12:24 AM
    I agree, but I also think a positive reviews while listing the pros and cons of a product would give them just as many hits.
    01-15-14 04:55 AM
    Sometimes they get sponsorship from another brands too.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 05:44 AM
    It really depends on the reviewers background. If the "tech" reviewer is some kind of hipster journalist with no IT background except for the ability to get free gadgets from their suppliers and run standard benchmarks, then yes, the review might be biased and non technical.

In every Professional IT Magazine I read, the overall ratings for BB10 and BES are very good.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:22 AM
    Op, may be you should look at the profile of the author prior to Form your opinion? On Web, it is freedom of speech here. "Reviwer" are vastly different in term of background, specialty, etc.etc. As for this one, see below from its own website.
    "Steven Norris is a born writer, living in Claremont, Cape Town and educated in the ways of graphic design but destined to follow in the footsteps of the worlds greatest authors. He has had many years of experience as an SEO copywriter, learning the ropes the hard way before utterly mastering them. He loves training others to write, how to create stories from nothing and how to deliver them to a wider audience. His passion is gadgets, video games and 'klapping it' at gym."

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:34 AM
    It really depends on the reviewers background. If the "tech" reviewer is some kind of hipster journalist with no IT background except for the ability to get free gadgets from their suppliers and run standard benchmarks, then yes, the review might be biased and non technical.

In every Professional IT Magazine I read, the overall ratings for BB10 and BES are very good.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, professional IT magazines are exactly that, professional so they publish facts. Most tech blogs tend more towards social news and thats where PR strategies and sponsorships rule, because thats where more people go, pro mags are special interest and have less people reading them. The news on such platforms translates to word of mouth which spreads real quick.
    01-15-14 06:51 AM
    I've said it before: not too many people I know have said anything derogatory about BB10 out of the box.

Take OP's example though... I suspect if you asked the average teen what is important to him/her with regards to being social, it will be about ACCESS to social tools. The same ones their peers have. Keyboards might be important, but I think having easy access to, say, Jelly trumps means of text entry.

I don't think it's different for adults, either. Yes, they can install leaks and such... or they can just use other platforms.

That's what BBRY is facing, and that is the crux of the "negative" reviews. I think there might be a disconnect between BB10 users and regular tech consumers LOL... the same one that plagues Android techies who think "just root it" is a reasonable solution for the masses.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-15-14 07:20 AM