Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with BlackBerry Customer Support: I got a Passport from Kijiji like about 5 months ago and last week started having problems with the mic and people not hearing me in the middle of a call. I am a nocturnal guy so opened a case with BlackBerry Customer support on Saturday about 2 am and 20 min later had a reply asking me to test the hardware using the BBVE, by 4 am a hardware problem had been confirmed and the case forwarded to the team responsible for handling replacements / repairs.

I was a little worried as I read here in multiple threads that BlackBerry warranty only applies to the original buyer, but when I got the phone from Kijiji I asked the guy for a copy of the ShopBlackBerry.com invoice so all they asked me was the order number, they did not care the name or address didn't match.

First thing Monday morning got a call from a really nice guy offering me two options: they would send me a box overnight to ship my Passport back for repairs or I could give them my Credit Card and they put a hold for the price of the device and ship me a replacement right away with a prepaid shipping box to return the bad one. I chose option 2 and next day got my replacement Passport which works beautiful! (mine had a couple of scratches and this one is perfect, not sure if refurbished but does not look like it).

Shipped the bad unit back, they got it today and already confirmed all is good and the Credit Card hold was removed.

I am really pleased with this experience, its amazing that after all the lay offs and problems they have managed to maintain an excellent Customer Support with people working in overnight shifts handling cases and replacements, fast shipping both ways and all paid by them...
    nalin909, bakron1, dusdal and 4 others like this.
    07-22-15 11:11 AM
    Always good to hear things like this

Beproud
    07-22-15 11:19 AM
    BlackBerry needs this kind of great customer service going forward!

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    07-22-15 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry never gave me trouble for warranty, I've only ever given them the pin of my device and they knew the rest..
    07-22-15 12:09 PM
    Good to hear a positive experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry never gave me trouble for warranty, I've only ever given them the pin of my device and they knew the rest..
    Arghhhh.... tinfoil hats, yell out... !

;-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-22-15 05:26 PM
    Always had great service from BlackBerry Customer Support.

Posted via CB10
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    07-22-15 10:42 PM
    I guess the secret is to email them in the middle of the night thanks for sharing

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-22-15 10:57 PM
    I guess the secret is to email them in the middle of the night thanks for sharing

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    There's no secret, the only reason the OP received a response during the night was because of the time difference.

Canada is 5 hours behind the UK. Not sure what it is for other countries. So you need to take that into account.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 01:15 AM
    Nothing like word of mouth. BlackBerry customer service please keep up the good work.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    07-23-15 01:19 AM
    Awesome.

  
    07-23-15 12:44 PM
    There's no secret, the only reason the OP received a response during the night was because of the time difference.

Canada is 5 hours behind the UK. Not sure what it is for other countries. So you need to take that into account.

Posted via CB10
    Dude I'm in Canada, Mississauga... or are you saying they have customer support staff in the UK? That seems weird to me...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:51 PM
    I'm not sure if they have CS staff in the UK and No it wouldn't be weird at all, considering BlackBerry have a HQ & NOC in the UK which runs simultaneously with Canada.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:47 AM
    Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with BlackBerry Customer Support: I got a Passport from Kijiji like about 5 months ago and last week started having problems with the mic and people not hearing me in the middle of a call. I am a nocturnal guy so opened a case with BlackBerry Customer support on Saturday about 2 am and 20 min later had a reply asking me to test the hardware using the BBVE, by 4 am a hardware problem had been confirmed and the case forwarded to the team responsible for handling replacements / repairs.

I was a little worried as I read here in multiple threads that BlackBerry warranty only applies to the original buyer, but when I got the phone from Kijiji I asked the guy for a copy of the ShopBlackBerry.com invoice so all they asked me was the order number, they did not care the name or address didn't match.

First thing Monday morning got a call from a really nice guy offering me two options: they would send me a box overnight to ship my Passport back for repairs or I could give them my Credit Card and they put a hold for the price of the device and ship me a replacement right away with a prepaid shipping box to return the bad one. I chose option 2 and next day got my replacement Passport which works beautiful! (mine had a couple of scratches and this one is perfect, not sure if refurbished but does not look like it).

Shipped the bad unit back, they got it today and already confirmed all is good and the Credit Card hold was removed.

I am really pleased with this experience, its amazing that after all the lay offs and problems they have managed to maintain an excellent Customer Support with people working in overnight shifts handling cases and replacements, fast shipping both ways and all paid by them...
    or I could give them my Credit Card and they put a hold for the price of the device and ship me a replacement right away with a prepaid shipping box to return the bad one

Is it safe to provide our credit card details to any one?
    07-24-15 04:43 AM
    Never needed to. Just got a replacement handset shipped.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 05:33 AM