Read this article that popped up on my sideswipe app and it is a very truthful and un bias opinion about the company. Give it a read!

http://www.fastcompany.com/1829799/w...ts-groove-back

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 06:45 PM
    Good read. Thanks for posting.
    04-06-12 07:07 PM
    Read this article that popped up on my sideswipe app and it is a very truthful and un bias opinion about the company. Give it a read!

Why RIM Lost Its Crew, Its Groove | Fast Company

Morgan Stanley used to teach it's sales guys that all successful reps understood the 'psychology' of the consumers.

They would tell us look at a potential client's watch, his tie, his shoes, and then formulate a sales approach/strategy based on what we observed and heard.

If you're not selling what folks are buying, why are you selling at all?
    04-06-12 07:16 PM
    good article....and its true about the "religion" ideal
    04-06-12 07:23 PM
    Good read, with very good points. Very curious to see what RIM is going to do to turn things around.
    04-06-12 07:27 PM
    Morgan Stanley used to teach it's sales guys that all successful reps understood the 'psychology' of the consumers.

They would tell us look at a potential client's watch, his tie, his shoes, and then formulate a sales approach/strategy based on what we observed and heard.

If you're not selling what folks are buying, why are you selling at all?

In my world, I am looking at what they drive, if they stay seated when I come to their office, and what nicknacks are on their desk,

ties are rarely seen, Watches again are disappearing due to mobile phones,
    but assessing who you are selling to and how you are selling the product is key,
    04-06-12 07:31 PM
    Yea just like any good salesman should be aware of his/her surroundings.

I did door to door for awhile and man the things you could formulate about a person before you even knocked on their door.

But back to the article I believe they have a. Very good paragraph or two regarding the competition.

Rim has not done a good job at making it a need to have phone. They've talked about email which every phone has. They have said tools and not toys but let's be honest in this stage android and iphone can just about do everything a berry can do so that's a moot point.

Apple shows people connecting with each other. They show people having fun with their friends and family using facetime and imessage and the icloud. Rim started that slightly with the whole bbm set of commercials but again those were contoured around business people for the most part.

Show vid chat on a pb, show people around the world in bbm groups, show wikitude while we are some of the only phones with it now, same with nfc.

Quit the bashing of "toys" and the business mentality because people are using their phones for both work and play. Everyone knows a berry is for work and has been for years. Show that it can also be taken home and used like any other iphone or android out there. Apps permitting of course.

04-06-12 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD