I thought I had turned my wifi off, but I was mistaken. The icon was still on my bar but it was gray. Does the gray icon mean that it is looking for a wifi network to connect to? I am getting HORRIBLE battery life--literally, half a day with only a dozen texts, no calls, and 1-2 website visits--and I'm hoping that getting the wifi turned off will help.

Thanks!
    Lisa
    06-03-10 05:30 PM
    That is showing that it is off I though as when I'm not home my wifi is grey and there is none around but its showing on the connections as on but not connected on one
    You will need to go to the connection icon and select it off and see what its like then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 06:12 PM
    I thought I had turned my wifi off, but I was mistaken. The icon was still on my bar but it was gray. Does the gray icon mean that it is looking for a wifi network to connect to? I am getting HORRIBLE battery life--literally, half a day with only a dozen texts, no calls, and 1-2 website visits--and I'm hoping that getting the wifi turned off will help.

Thanks!
    Lisa
    Gray WiFi icon means you have your WiFi connection enabled but you're not connected to any wireless network. And if your phone is just new, the battery usually takes about a week or so to condition up.
    06-03-10 06:30 PM
    I actually switched out the battery with one from my 8300, a battery that was working very well when I stopped using that curve. I figure out how to disable the wifi in the connections manager thing, and the icon disappeared. Hopefully this saves the battery!
    Thanks for the replies

06-03-10 09:10 PM
    Also if your Bluetooth icon is on but not connected, that drains it. I rarely if ever use my BT headset and I keep BT turned off. Helped my battery a lot.
    06-04-10 10:46 AM

Thanks!
    Lisa
    If you have any weather App running, default update is 30 min. Change to 2 hours
    Also on all Apps, click menue icon, and scroll down to CLOSE

06-04-10 11:44 AM
    I did have the bluetooth off, and now I've changed my weather app to update every 3 hrs. Battery is doing well today, hopefully it still looks good around dinnertime! Thanks guys, Lisa

06-04-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD