Hello. I am new to the Blackberry coming from an iPhone. I can't seem to understand why whenever I get an email with embedded graphics/pictures they do not show up and hollow boxes show up instead. I am using the Storm. Can anybody help me? Thanks!
    03-22-09 12:08 PM
    Embedded images in html emails don't show up. Its a security thing with RIM. Hit menu and select get images. Also go to messages/options/email settings and make sure html is enabled and automatically download images is set to yes. Just noticed you have a storm so it migh be different. Not sure about your OS but it worth a shot to look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 12:14 PM
    okay I hit menu and get messages and that worked! it is set to automatically download them so why won't it do it automatically?
    03-22-09 12:17 PM
    Its a security feature. Embedded images are hosted on another site so your asked if you want to allow this since it exposes your address. Causes no known harm since there aren't any known viruses for � yet.

03-22-09 12:28 PM
    okay that makes sense but then why is there an option for "download images automatically?" I have it set to yes but it still doesn't work.
    03-22-09 12:31 PM
    I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression Embedded images are downloaded automatically. However images that are just linked to via html are not, and are thus not downloaded automatically because the link can reference back to the image host which in turn can report back to a spammer that they got a good hit.
    03-22-09 01:06 PM
    Yes it's a security feature. Jones explained it best. The Storm is like every other BB in that regard. Our only option is to get the images each time.
    03-22-09 01:21 PM
    your explantion of security for issue is all fine and good but worked fine until i updated to .148
    06-19-09 05:21 PM
    If a user is not getting images and they get this error message "Your administrator has disabled external content requests" is that because of the phones security settings or the BES server?
    10-04-11 09:59 AM
    Yeah that means the BES admin blocked that feature. This feature can't be changed from your phone.

10-04-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD