With all respect but I doubt, that Map/ is a valid file path on your BlackBerry device - you need to choose a valid & existing file path for this Path Directory (same as for the export dir)
    You can call me crazy but these are screen shots of my phone with unaltered settings after I had uninstalled it and reinstalled the program.

Does this make any sense to you? I'm getting to the pint where I think I'm going to give up on this program. I can't even enter a coordinate and save it in "manage locations". When I punch in a lat & long and click save, nothing happens. I have to clear out the box then press cancel. I've pulled the battery a few times, I guess my last option is to wipe the phone and start fresh.
    07-10-09 08:31 PM
    the deinstallation of an application on the BlackBerry does not wipe the stored application settings... so it would be kind, if you can belive my words, that at a certain point of time you have entered some false values in your configuration - since on a fresh OS the Path Directory is emtpy (and not maps/)...

Does this make any sense to you?
    Yes it makes plenty of sense to me - I would kindly ask you simply to follow my suggestion to change the 'Path directory' value to a valid device Path on your BlackBerry as it is described in the getting started section.

...I've pulled the battery a few times, I guess my last option is to wipe the phone and start fresh.
    you don not have to do all this... simply change the path...
    07-11-09 02:05 AM
    the deinstallation of an application on the BlackBerry does not wipe the stored application settings...
    Which is really, really annoying. I wish there was some kind of preferences editor on the BlackBerry.

BTW, I want to give you kudos on designing your app so that it doesn't lose saved location info after a wipe. Another GPS app I use does that and it's very annoying if I didn't do a backup lately.
    07-13-09 01:04 PM
    super app! works great.
    07-14-09 04:44 AM
    Thanks - the ability to alert after a specific distance is awesome! Is there any way to adjust volume, tone, and vibrate settings on this? What does it use by default? I can't hear/feel it if I don't wear earphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:01 AM
    I would just like to thank emacf1 for this app again. It is so much more useful than all of these data needy, turn by turn BS Junk apps. When you are out in the back country, in a 1 mile deep canyon, this and Trek Buddy (for Topos) is the ticket. It is low power enough to keep running in the BG all day.

I think some of you are using it wrong.
    07-20-09 11:18 AM
    Agreed. I love this app. About the only issue I have is that Location entries are displayed by date entered and not alphabetically. It's probably my most-used app.
    07-20-09 01:20 PM
    I think some of you are using it wrong.
    I think most of the people struggling with setting up a valid path directory - and even if they use the "browse" function it's still possible to select a path (like 'SDCard') that is still not writeable - I will include a check in the next version of GPSLogger that checks, if the specified path is valid (and writeable)...

Agreed. I love this app. About the only issue I have is that Location entries are displayed by date entered and not alphabetically.
    I know

Looking forward to find some time to implement other improvements of GPSLogger quite soon...

Thanks for your positive feedback!
    Matthias
    07-20-09 11:53 PM
    Thanks - the ability to alert after a specific distance is awesome! Is there any way to adjust volume, tone, and vibrate settings on this? What does it use by default? I can't hear/feel it if I don't wear earphone
    my apologize - missed your post somehow - GPSLogger is used the "default" settings concerning the volume - the vibrate is set (hard coded) to 5sec (if I can remember correctly) - so you would like to have user settings for this?

Matthias
    07-20-09 11:55 PM
    I think I'll give it a shot and report back. Seems pretty straightforward.
    07-21-09 12:27 AM
    I know

Looking forward to find some time to implement other improvements of GPSLogger quite soon...

Thanks for your positive feedback!
    Matthias
    Awesome! I was thinking about other GPS things to add that could be useful, and I was wondering about an ETA feature. Take the distance remaining to the location and use the current speed to determine the ETA.

Also, the path line doesn't change color in Night mode, making it harder to see.
    07-21-09 10:58 AM
    I was thinking about other GPS things to add that could be useful, and I was wondering about an ETA feature. Take the distance remaining to the location and use the current speed to determine the ETA.
    it's already there in the "Direction view" - once you have a speed the ETA will be displayed at the bottom...

Also, the path line doesn't change color in Night mode, making it harder to see.
    that's a bug then! - was working "years ago" - let me check...
    07-22-09 11:10 PM
    Going to have to give this a try
    07-23-09 04:01 PM
    I downloaded this last night to use during my commute to work. I am getting excited to throw my path up online and compare to an actual map. I think this program helped me sell "buying a blackberry" to my father who just had his verizon contract end.

Thanks!
    07-24-09 10:10 AM
    I have Garmin and works great best GPS for storm and very user friendly.
    07-24-09 01:00 PM
    GPSLogger release of v1.0
    Over the past several months, I have considered significant user feedback as I added all of the essential features in order to make GPSLogger a usefull BlackBerry� offline GPS application. It is with these latest enhancements to the user interface for the Options that I proudly release GPSLogger version 1.0 to the BlackBerry� community. Hopefully, the reviewers and the community at large will agree.

What's New?
    • Options reorganized - on BlackBerry� devices it's quite common to separate the application options into various screens - this makes the options way more organized and easiert to understand.
    • Distance Signal - new 'Special Options' to specify 'Vibrate Time' and 'Audio Volume'
    • The specified 'Path directory' will be checked at each startup (if writeable) - if not the Options dialog will be opened
    • New General Option: 'Start in NightMode'

What's Fixed?
    • Input fields for new location coordinates only accept numeric values
    • When in logging mode: a loaded location (via the LocationManager) will not be overwritten by the start location of your current path

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

It can happen, that your previous installation of GPSLogger does not will be replaced by the update - then please be so kind and delete the old version of GPSLogger via: Options - Extended Options - Applications

Matthias
    07-25-09 11:02 AM
    Really like how you organized the options! I spotted a typo in Special Options (Singnal Volume instead of Signal Volume). I'll play with it more later today.

07-25-09 11:14 AM
    you say :
    In the GPSLogger Options:
    You can specify a 'Path Directory' for GPSLogger.
    You can either manually type the path of your path directory or you move the cursor into the text input field and press the #Menu Button of your device and select the menu item: Browse for 'path directory' . Now you can browse over your device filesystem (only directories will be displayed) and go to your wanted path directory.

can this path go to the SDcard?
    Last edited by pipino; 07-25-09 at 03:44 PM. Reason: clarity
    07-25-09 02:35 PM
    Hey thanks emacf1, I want to try this out.
    07-25-09 02:36 PM
    can this path go to the SDcard?
    sure it can
    07-26-09 02:24 AM
    GPSLogger release of v1.0

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the [link removed]

Danke Sehr Mathias aber...

As much as I'm trying to make this program working (based on so many postings here) it does not work on my Storm. Previous version was full of bugs and error messages, now the new download links just doesnot work as per today friday 31 of July. Any other similar and functional software out there with less frustations?
    thanks
    pipino
    07-31-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the signal volume option! What is the max value you can specify here - 100?
    07-31-09 10:25 AM
    Danke Sehr Mathias aber...
    As much as I'm trying to make this program working (based on so many postings here) it does not work on my Storm.
    Sure mein Freund - occasional bugs are located outside rather then inside... but lucky enough nobody is forced to use GPSLogger...

Previous version was full of bugs and error messages, now the new download links just does not work as per today friday 31 of July.
    I can't confirm this - both versions are accessible - but I take the full responsibility in any case.

What is the max value you can specify here - 100?
    Have you tried values greater then 100? I am not sure, but as far as I have understood that part of the API the values are treated as percentage - but I have to admit, that I did not test other values *shame*
    07-31-09 11:59 AM
    2009/08/01 - GPSLogger release of v1.5 public β
    With this version of GPSLogger a complete new feature is introduced - outdoor navigation - since this can get quite complex and complicated I decided to release a public beta version in order to get as much feedback as possible. I hope to read your valuable feedback in the emacberry.com forum.

What's New?
    • Outdoor Navigation! - All Details about this new feature (and the corresponding new options) can be found at the Outdoor Navigation documentation.
    • When logging a new MenuItem called 'Bring me Back (route)' is available
    • Logging status indicated by [L] (logging), [P] (paused) in the upper left corner
    • New Shortcut [SHIFT]+[A|S]: (S)tart logging
    • New Shortcut [SHIFT]+[Q|W]: (Q)uit logging
    • New Shortcut [SHIFT]+[O|P]: Toggle (P)ause
    • New Function: Clear all paths data/reset GPSLogger (key shortcut [SHIFT]+[Y|X|Z])
    • New symbol for 'location to reach' in the Path-View

What's Fixed?
    • Checking GPS-Location for '0' as latitude or longitude values
    • Import of large (0.5 MiB+) KML & GPX files

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

It can happen, that your previous installation of GPSLogger does not will be replaced by the update - then please be so kind and delete the old version of GPSLogger via: Options - Extended Options - Applications

Matthias
    08-01-09 09:07 AM
    Matthias,

Any chance at seeing a bluetooth GPS option? I know one can go through the device options and set a bluetooth GPS AS the device GPS, but it'd be much easier as an option in the app. Much like Live Search does.

08-04-09 10:52 AM
570 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD