Thanks - is there a place to put feature requests and report bugs? Love this software!
    there is a forum dedicated to this kind of issues @ http://forum.emacberry.com
    10-04-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks - just trying gpsies connect but it won't connect to internet even tho I have modified app permissions??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 01:51 PM
    Thanks - just trying gpsies connect but it won't connect to internet even tho I have modified app permissions??
    That can be indeed very tricky - there are so many reasons, why GPSiesConnect is not able to create an URL connection to a remote site. The most common one (beside the already mentioned AppPermissions) is that your BIS Administrator have restricted the access. Are you using a Companies-Phone? [few friends of mind who work for different German Banks have identical Problems -> The Company BlackBerry Admin simply have configured the Server in a way, that it blocks all Application access to the Internet (except the BlackBerry Browser)]
    Last edited by emacf1; 10-04-09 at 02:24 PM.
    10-04-09 02:15 PM
    Nah normal BIS for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 02:16 PM
    Hi emacf1,

I've installed GPSLogger_4.2.1_v1.7.6.zip on my BB pearl 8100. what will be the path that i need to specify in the path directory of general settings. i didn't give any path there. ...then it says waiting for GPS data...
    no data received yet.. start 'path recording'... i don't see anything..after some time am getting null pointer exception. ( java.null point exception). pls tell me if am doing anything wrong. I believe i need to set path first but not sure how to do that...
    10-15-09 11:18 AM
    you need to specify a path directory - how that could be done is described in the GPSLogger manual pages...
    10-15-09 12:49 PM
    Humm... It says 'waiting for GPS Data' for ever and doesn't do anything...

I don't think Pearl 8100 device does not have internal GPS receiver. I tried to get GPS location from my phone menu...

1. In the device options, click
    Advanced Options.
    2. Click
    GPS.
    3. Press the
    Menu key.
    4. Click
    Refresh GPS.

The longitude and latitude coordinates for my current location DOES NOT appeared.

But it has mentioned in very begining of your post that your application tested on pearl 8100 successfully.

am i missing something to make your app working on my phone..
    10-16-09 12:46 AM
    might be, that your provider have restricted access to the GPS-Antenna (like other Vendors (Verizon) have done in the past) - for sure, if you device is not able to display a Location, then GPSLogger can't do that either...
    10-16-09 02:05 AM
    Ohh... I called my provider and confirmed that they are not blocking access anything related to my GPS access...

Then i realised lately that TMobile pearl 8100 devices doesn't have internal GPS receiver... I could have check this before making the my whole efforts..

anyway i still got a option to buy external receiver where the GPS receiver signals can be done thru bluetooth puck.
    10-16-09 05:00 AM
    It has been observed it created these below files in my memory card which i ran your app. does it mean it try to write something?? I am still hoping that my device supports GPS receiver signals so that I can happily use your app.

20091016_105814.gpl.rem
    20091016_101627.gpl.rem
    10-16-09 05:54 AM
    these files will contain -no data- -> when you device does not come with a GPS antenna GPSLogger can not do something - my apologize, that I do not have always in my mind present which device need an external puck and which not...
    10-16-09 06:01 AM
    2009/10/27 - GPSLogger release of v1.7.7 (β)
    + The perfect pair for outdoor navigation: GPSiesConnect & GPSLogger

What's New?
    • New Option 'AutoSave': Select between OFF, each 5min, each 15min, each hour or each 4 hours in order to avoid path data loss when your device battery dies during recordings.
    • Export as eMail will now include most of the Path details like name, distance, duration, minimum & maximum altitude, etc. in the message body.
    • OS4.6+ Version only: In the Storm OS 4.7.0.181 RIM fixed a bug in the SVG rendering - this makes a workaround of GPSlogger obsolete. Since only you as a User is able to know if the workaround is required on your device or not the new GPSLogger version have an additional Appearance option: "Use SVG position patch in Compass/Direction view". By default this option is enabled (this represents the original implementation of GPSLogger). If the text around the Compass is shifted (in Compass- & Direction View) then please uncheck this new option since you got a new OS version installed where RIM have fixed the problem (and GPSLogger does not need to correct the wrong OS behavior any longer).

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

It can happen, that your previous installation of GPSLogger does not will be replaced by the update - then please be so kind and delete the old version of GPSLogger via: Options - Extended Options - Applications

Matthias
    10-27-09 06:43 AM
    2009/10/31 - GPSiesConnect release of v0.3.0 (β)
    + The perfect pair for outdoor navigation: GPSiesConnect & GPSLogger

What's New?/Fixed
    • Active/inactive Application Icon (color/grayscale)
    • Application size massively reduced by using indexed 32 color PNG images
    • Data entered in the ZIP/City/Street input fields where ignored [no location resolving was triggered] *shame*

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSiesConnet Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Matthias
    10-31-09 01:57 PM
    I accidently deleted a log file. I managed to recover it using a deleted file recovery software. I copied it back to my Blackberry to same location where other log files are store; however the Path Manager of the GPSLogger is not listing this log.

Can someone please help me out? The file is some 10 hours of logging and I would like to recover it if possible.
    11-04-09 12:40 PM
    let's deal with that in my home forum - ok ?
    11-05-09 05:02 PM
    let's deal with that in my home forum - ok ?
    No problem! Thanks for your prompt reply.
    11-06-09 03:46 AM
    So, if I understand correctly, GPSLogger will work and record paths without a cell signal, so why then does it not work if I turn off the radio?
    11-11-09 11:05 AM
    you understood everthing correctly - check your device gps settings/options - you are probably set something that relay on a data connection - I am currently in SF having radio always off - and it worked rock solid...
    11-11-09 02:25 PM
    So next week I have my yearly time booked off to go hunting, I figured it would be interesting this year to use my BB to track where and how far I go in the course of a day. One thing I would like to do though is to be able to import this into a map. This way I can look at it and actually see where I was, instead of just a path on a white background. Is it possible to take my path and overlay it onto an actual map?

Otherwise this program looks great, its nice its completely offline, as I won't have service where I am. Thanks!
    11-11-09 09:47 PM
    sorry - currently now "background" maps are supported - I fully understand what you would like to do - it's a bit difficult to explain... but getting the right scale from the map image is a tricky thing to get (and I assume users are not really able to make the correct input - that's not cause I think all the users are dummies - it's just that even I find it hard to do myself) - so for here and now if you want to see some map stuff: Either export it as KML and use GoogleEarth - or use GPSiesConnect to online submit and see it on a map
    11-12-09 12:08 AM
    Ok that should work. Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I had it logging on my way to work today, and I tried to mark position, and it didn't seem to do anything. I was hoping I would be able to tag a spot, say for instance "Home" or "Cabin" so I can kind of get a sense where everything is is. Am I missing something here?

Next up I'll try mapping out all of my dads ski trails on our land, and then combine them onto one map so he can finally have a full map of all his trails. Looking forward to testing it out some more!
    11-12-09 08:54 AM
    you understood everthing correctly - check your device gps settings/options - you are probably set something that relay on a data connection - I am currently in SF having radio always off - and it worked rock solid...
    Awesome, you were right. There is an option in the GPS settings for "Location Aiding: that uses additional network information to reduce the time it takes to find your location using GPS."

Disabling this option allows GPSLogger to function with the Radio turned off. This is very exciting news!

Thanks Again Matthias.

Is there anyway yet to run GPSLogger on an 8330 on Verizon?
    11-12-09 09:44 AM
    The software worked great for me when I was testing it in Winnipeg, but today was my first day using it in the country where I don't have cell service.

I turned off all my wireless connections and location aiding and it seemed to find a fix right away. Partway through this morning though, it started logging me as far away from where I actually was - like hundreds of KMs.

This afternoon I tried it again, and it did the same thing. It worked fine at first, then started logging me as hundreds of KMs away. As well, it always showed a velocity of between 50-100km/h when I was standing still. I exited out of the software and reloaded and it did the same thing, even after I rebooted my phone.

Has anyone else noticed this issue before? I'm on a storm on OS 5.0.0.328. I would search more for an answer but I only have slow dialup internet access out here, and don't have time to wait around for it. Thanks.
    11-14-09 07:15 PM
    I'm on a storm on OS 5.0.0.328....
    might be that this is already the root of the problem... GPSLogger just can record what the Location API will return - if that data is WAY OFF, then there is nothing GPSLogger can do about that - Once you are on OS 5.x there is a new location API (which is optimized for areas with cell tower coverage) - it might be that there are still some bugs in the OS - but that is just a wild guess...

Also you should give the device few minutes to calibrate before you actually start with the logging procedure...
    11-15-09 01:25 AM
    I am not sure what to report or why. I believe that my distance readings are between 15% and 20% larger than they use to be. I am not sure what it began so it might have occurred when I moved to the Tour or if in one of the recent upgrades you changed the methods for recording or calculating. I think the INTERVAL I record is the same - five seconds. The reason I think this may be occurring is many of our trails have mileage signs or I've hiked them before. The readings at the end of the hike appear to be inflated. For instance, yesterday's ski trip - it shows as about a mile longer than many other recordings I've done in the past with my Garmin 76cs and using gps-ed in the past. Again, I'm not sure about this impression so I thought I would bring it up.
    11-15-09 09:24 AM
570 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD