Hey emacf1, I have some ideas on how to make the menus more efficient so the list of items isn't so long/cluttered and is easier to use. Would you be interested in that?

BB doesn't allow nested menus right?
    09-08-09 03:50 PM
    Tested the software again today. It worked perfectly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:14 PM
    Hey emacf1, I have some ideas on how to make the menus more efficient so the list of items isn't so long/cluttered and is easier to use. Would you be interested in that?
    Sure - go ahead...

BB doesn't allow nested menus right?
    Yes - no submenu items...
    09-11-09 08:04 AM
    2009/09/11 - GPSLogger release of v1.7.5 (β)
    + The perfect pair for outdoor navigation: GPSiesConnect & GPSLogger

What's New?
    • Distance (in Miles or Kilometers) will be printed with two decimals (instead of just one)
    • New General Settings Option "Use 'brute force' LocationProvider recovery" (default OFF): GPSLogger can start an observer process for the LocationProvider (the "thing" that is generating GPS-Antenna-signal updates) - it can happen, that for some reason GPSLoggers stops updating the location data. With this option you can enable a cyclic check if there is still a signal from the GPS-Antenna and if not the system tries a recovery.
      Please note, that a change requires an application restart to take effect.
    • Option "Check for updates": allows you to check your GPSLogger Version with the latest available at emacberry.com

What's Fixed?
    • Hopefully all font related problems are solved *sigh*
    • Import of KML-Files that only consist of a <LineString> element and that contain negative longitude or latitude values

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

It can happen, that your previous installation of GPSLogger does not will be replaced by the update - then please be so kind and delete the old version of GPSLogger via: Options - Extended Options - Applications

Matthias
    09-11-09 08:07 AM
    As long as we are talking Menu items, I think most people "START" logging before "switch night/day mode" and since I use the LETTER to jump to items, I would like START listed before Switch! (G) One less "S" to press.

And while the new Tour has not hiked as much as the older 8830, I can see having GPSLogger using an internal gps is really nice.

THANKS, again, for making this app available.
    09-11-09 10:50 AM
    I've had a loved this software for months! Thank you so much for the app. I personally hadn't thought to look and update it since it was working awesome for what I needed, but I just noticed I was working with 0.6.xxx whatever so I just updated to the latest version!
    09-11-09 11:26 PM
    [QUOTE=breakmedown;3570819]I live in Iowa, is there anything else to do but play on my Blackberry? /QUOTE]

You could stomp out crop circles in the millions of acres of corn fields. I have not driven through Iowa in many decades but it was always, well, pretty bland!!!
    09-12-09 10:53 AM
    You could stomp out crop circles in the millions of acres of corn fields. I have not driven through Iowa in many decades but it was always, well, pretty bland!!!
    You could even turn on GPS logger and record a copy of your crop circle.
    09-13-09 10:57 AM
    I discovered today that the Tour needs the elevation reversed. Hiking uphill from 4,800 feet to 6,800 feet, Gpslogger had me starting at -4800 and dropping down to -6800 feet.

Why can't Verizon/RIM get this correct?
    09-13-09 11:49 PM
    Why can't Verizon/RIM get this correct?
    at least this time you do not need to blame Verizon - they are innocent (this time)... Looks like this inverted alt is a feature of all newer OS 4.6+ (or just 4.7+) - in any case the Tour have some great additional things that where reported to me - actually I can't really believe what I had to read in my emacberry.com forum...
    Last edited by emacf1; 09-14-09 at 12:37 AM.
    09-14-09 12:32 AM
    Well, it tracked a five hour hike nicely. I did not pause at our various spots but there do not appear to be any wayout reading. I will clean it up in Garmin's program. But here's Google Earth's view of things:
    09-14-09 08:22 AM
    looks like a nice track! - have you considered to share it via GPSiesConnect ?
    09-14-09 09:23 AM
    I just updated to the new version, not that I had any trouble with the previous version. I go back and forth between yours and GPSed, with the only advantage on their side that I can upload the tracks direct from my phone to their website. This app is a bit more configurable so I still like to use it as well.
    09-14-09 03:32 PM
    looks like a nice track! - have you considered to share it via GPSiesConnect ?
    I actually have not investigated your companion module. I'll have a look at it.

The hike straddles a National Forest and The North Cascades National Park. It was a little early for one of the highlights of the trip - Larch trees (needles like Pine) that turn gold in the Fall (Autumn). I know there are Larch (Tamarack) in Austria and Italy and probably in Germany - they grow at higher elevations.
    09-14-09 09:14 PM
    I go back and forth between yours and GPSed, with the only advantage on their side that I can upload the tracks direct from my phone to their website.
    Have in mind, that GPSLogger is "advertising" itself being 100% OFFLINE - that's why you can't upload a path to a website with GPSLogger alone... I hope this is a reasonable motivation...

Good news is, that there is an additional application called GPSiesConnect to close this gap - Once it's installed you can upload any GPSLogger path directly from GPSLoggers Path Manager via GPSiesConnect (account at gpsies.com required) just as simple as you are used from any other export features of GPSLogger.
    09-15-09 03:57 AM
    I have complete the initial step of implementing a LAP TIMER functionality - before I am going to release this function officially I am looking forward to get some additional feedback.

The function is targeting people who are doing multiple laps (min 35 sec length) and want to keep track of each of the laps you are doing - it might not work on a 400m track & field lane - but should be working quite fine outdoors.

You can find this test-version of GPSLogger at:
    http://www.emacberry.com/4support/GPSLogger.jad

this Version supports all OS (so no nice SVG compass image for OS4.6 devices - this will come later)...

How to use the new Feature:
    1) start logging
    2) once you are at your lap start finish line:
    open the menu and select "Set Start/Finish Line"
    3) switch to Timing View to see new data:
    current lap time / distance to start finish line (direct line)
    once a lap is completed you will find an additional line:
    lap length, lap time, average lap speed

Also once you save the path you will find the lap information in the PathDetails Popup

Let me know what you think
    09-23-09 05:10 AM
    emacf1:

You are soon going to be bigger than Garmin!!!!
    09-23-09 11:34 AM
    2009/09/11 - GPSLogger release of v1.7.6 (β)
    + The perfect pair for outdoor navigation: GPSiesConnect & GPSLogger

What's New?
    • Lap Timer functionality - How to use the new feature:
      1. Start logging
      2. Once you are at your lap start finish line: open the menu and select "Set Start/Finish Line"
      3. Switch to Timing View to see new data: current lap time / distance to start finish line (linear)
      4. Once a lap is completed you will find an additional line:
        - lap length, lap time, average lap speed
        - additional previous lap information (depending on the device resoultion)
      The lap calculation depends also from your outdoor navigation settings (detection of start finish line).
      You can find all lap details of a recorded path in the PathManager Path-Details Dialog.
    • New Appearance Settings "Speed in Minutes per KM/mile" (mpkm/mpm) (default OFF) - this option is useful for all runners who want to keep track of their pace. Once this option is checked, GPSLogger will display all speed information in Minutes per KM/mile/nautical mile.

What's Fixed?
    • Fixed export of KML/GPX locations that are close to meridian/equator

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

It can happen, that your previous installation of GPSLogger does not will be replaced by the update - then please be so kind and delete the old version of GPSLogger via: Options - Extended Options - Applications

Matthias
    09-30-09 06:02 AM
    will this work in brazil? if not which one do i use?
    10-04-09 09:16 AM
    Why should it not work in Brazil - The Brazil I know is on a planet called Earth ;-)
    10-04-09 09:20 AM
    You know what would be a cool feature? A setting to detect when motion has stopped. E.g. I could set it to say "if I haven't moved 5 meters in the last 10 seconds, consider me stationary" This would mean if I went for a run, and stopped for 5 minutes for a drinks break, it wouldn't keep logging slight position differences from gps readings as distance covered. Make sense?

10-04-09 09:20 AM
    You know what would be a cool feature? A setting to detect when motion has stopped. E.g. I could set it to say "if I haven't moved 5 meters in the last 10 seconds, consider me stationary" This would mean if I went for a run, and stopped for 5 minutes for a drinks break, it wouldn't keep logging slight position differences from gps readings as distance covered. Make sense?

Sure that makes a lot of sense - there is already an option: Record only Locations with Speed... it's not actually that what you want as a runner (since you are looking fore some sort of "auto pause detection"... but at least you can use this option to keep the log a bit smaller...
    10-04-09 09:33 AM
    Ok - what counts as speed? What if the gps measures you having moved say half a meter, and this is due to inaccuracy, not movement?

Would it be possible to display that it is currently logging? Once I click "start logging" I am not sure if it has started becausae nothing displays to confirm this

10-04-09 09:55 AM
    The GPS data contains a speed value - this is taken as reference for this feature...

For your second question: When you are Logging you will see a '[L]' in the status bar (at the top)... in contrast to '[P]' when logging is paused - or nothing...
    10-04-09 10:00 AM
    Thanks - is there a place to put feature requests and report bugs? Love this software!

10-04-09 10:31 AM
570 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD