Just download it. I am in rush to try it.
    06-02-09 12:15 PM
    Do you know how to use a command line application - or is there really the need of a GraphicalUserInterface (GUI)?
    I would love a CLI app! My BB hangs on large files.
    06-02-09 05:17 PM
    Just tried it on a 10 mile bike ride. It works great. Bit of a battery drain though. But well worth it in my opinion.
    06-02-09 08:06 PM
    I would love a CLI app! My BB hangs on large files.
    I think I found one bug in the export code - let's see what the next release of GPSLogger will do on your device (and might be it's already fixed and there "hopefully" will be no need for that external app)
    06-02-09 11:27 PM
    Love this APP. Now what to do with my $200.00 Bluetooth GPS logger I bought a few month ago. Look at the money I could have saved!!!!! J/K I need it for my Laptop.
    06-02-09 11:51 PM
    Love this APP. Now what to do with my $200.00 Bluetooth GPS logger I bought a few month ago.
    Put it back into it's bock and ship it over to me - or use it as spare device once the battery of your BB is drained to much
    06-03-09 12:06 AM
    hi there,

i have read on some previous thread about exporting a KML file for google earth.
    Would it be possible for this KML file somehow to link it or overlay it on the google earth on my blackberry??? Is it possible to load a KML on BB?
    I would like to save the paths on my BB for the future use...

thanx
    06-03-09 06:09 AM
    I would like to save the paths on my BB for the future use...
    all previously recorded path will be stored in the specified Path directory - as long as you do not delete them they will be persistent on your device...

Would it be possible for this KML file somehow to link it or overlay it on the google earth on my blackberry??? Is it possible to load a KML on BB
    I am not aware, that it would be possible in BB GoogleMaps to load KML's - but I have to admit, that I did not used it for quite some time!

Matthias
    06-03-09 07:29 AM
    When I try to exit the program I get an error "java.lang.NullPointerException" error. Any solutions?
    06-03-09 12:18 PM
    I love the program, i use it twice a day to record my speeds in route from home and work because there are mobile speed traps all around my house and several cases have been dropped from having gps data showing a different speed. So i'm just emailing them all to myself and storing them on my computer for the day to come.
    I also used this to make a map of my neighborhood in google earth, i live in a new neighborhood not in the system yet.

i'll donate when i have it! Thanks
    06-03-09 12:25 PM
    When I try to exit the program I get an error "java.lang.NullPointerException" error. Any solutions?
    I assume the path you specified as path directory is some how not accessible - there is a short description how to specify the path in a secure way:

In the GPSLogger Options:

You can specify a 'Path Directory' for GPSLogger.

You can either manually type the path of your path directory or you move the cursor into the text input field and press the #Menu Button of your device and select the menu item: Browse for 'path directory' . Now you can browse over your device filesystem (only directories will be displayed) and go to your wanted path directory. Please note, you have to go into the directory you would like to have as path directory. Once you have reached the directory of your choice select from the menu the item Select directory . This will close the directory browser and brings you back to the options dialog with the selected directory path in the 'Path Directory' text input field.

Please note, that the Menu Item Browse for 'Path directory' is only visible once the cursor is in the 'Path Directory' text input field
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-03-09 at 03:17 PM.
    06-03-09 12:33 PM
    I think I found one bug in the export code - let's see what the next release of GPSLogger will do on your device (and might be it's already fixed and there "hopefully" will be no need for that external app)
    Great, will wait until the next release.

You kick ***.
    06-03-09 02:59 PM
    Hey I am getting the error message

"Module 'net_rim_m2g' not found"

Any Ideas as to what this might be referring to??
    06-03-09 08:12 PM
    Nevermind I am a DA... i DL the wrong OS version!
    06-03-09 08:18 PM
    Thanks for a great application. I use it to geo-tag photos when I'm on holiday. I can now replace my Gosget GPS logger.

I use your app to record my position on my holiday travel. I turn it on and record my postion every 15s. After a whole day, about 9 hrs, I get about 2200+ readings. That takes about 2mins to convert to a GPX file.

I then use GPSBabel to convert the GPX file to NMEA file so that my locr app can geo-reference my photos.

Very nice! Saves me carrying my separate GPS logger.

My Question: Your GPL file is beautifully small and GPSBabel supports GPL conversion ... but their GPL is for DeLorme GPL. Is your GPL your own proprietary format? It doesn't seem to work with your GPL file format so it must be. See www gpsbabel org / htmldoc-development/fmt_gpl.html

That's my wish, to be able to take the small GPL file from BB to a PC and convert it faster on the PC.
    06-04-09 09:23 PM
    My Question: Your GPL file is beautifully small and GPSBabel supports GPL conversion ... but their GPL is for DeLorme GPL. Is your GPL your own proprietary format? It doesn't seem to work with your GPL file format so it must be. See www gpsbabel org / htmldoc-development/fmt_gpl.html

That's my wish, to be able to take the small GPL file from BB to a PC and convert it faster on the PC.
    *shame* I did not knew, that the .gpl extension was already taken (I just knew the good old (best ever) PC racing Sim GrandPrixLegends in association with GPL)... so well - "my" GPL format is not compatible to "DeLorme GPL" - mine is also proprietary but unfortunately different in some areas compared to DeLorme's - sorry [and if I would had known, that the extension was already used as one GPS data format I would not had picked it]...

Only what I can do right now is, to contact the 'gpsbabel.org' team and ask, if they would support a second "GPL" format... [I have no problem with sharing my internal file format - since the sources are anyhow open for everyone]
    06-05-09 04:16 AM
    GPSLogger update to 0.6.1

What's New?
    • Export of Path will show Progress-Bar

What's Fixed?
    • Path, Elevation & Speed Views will show always all named Locations
    • KML-Import fixed (negative values)
    • Possible HangUp fix when exporting long paths

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

That's also the reason, that you will get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (GPSLogger) exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Matthias
    06-05-09 04:47 PM
    GPSLogger News

What's New?

Matthias
    06-06-09 08:14 AM
    GPSLogger News

What's New?
    • I have set up a announcement Mailing list for GPSLogger, that you can join here:
      Join the GPSLogger announcement mailing list to keep always up2date with the latest updates & news

Matthias
    Nice! I've been looking for this type of thing so I know when there are new updates. Your software is awesome, by the way! Keep up the good work.
    06-06-09 03:20 PM
    Ok, I have just upgraded to .138 on my 8130. With some deleting of certain files from DM 4.5 I had roughly 25MB free.

A week went by and I downloaded GPSlogger......great app. Used it once with exports tol my SD card and my memory is down to 18.8

Uninstalled logger and deleted files saved, reset phone and my memory still hangs around 19.

Anyone with similar story?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 02:33 AM
    Similar, but not quite the same. I was getting 23 MB free after a reboot on my Storm with OS build 148. After installing and running GPSlogger, I would only get 12-13 MB, even after a reboot. But when I uninstalled GPSlogger and rebooted, I was back to 23 MB.

Ok, I have just upgraded to .138 on my 8130. With some deleting of certain files from DM 4.5 I had roughly 25MB free.

A week went by and I downloaded GPSlogger......great app. Used it once with exports tol my SD card and my memory is down to 18.8

Uninstalled logger and deleted files saved, reset phone and my memory still hangs around 19.

Anyone with similar story?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:52 PM
    GPSLogger update to 0.6.2

What's New?
    • "Distance Alerts/Signal" - Peep & vibrate after a user specified distance (in Meter or Feet) was traveled
    • Special marks in KML export of "Max Elevation", "Min Elevation" and "Max Speed" Locations
    • You can now load a Path into the background and can follow this background path without the requirement to start logging.

What's Fixed?
    • Export for of ultra long Path (39500+ Locations) supported

All changes can be found @ GPSLogger Changelog

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

That's also the reason, that you might get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (GPSLogger) exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Matthias
    06-09-09 06:53 AM
    An issue with a BB 8830we(Bell Canada) with 4.5.0.160 I start logging and after a few mins it stops doing update to the screen. The export paths appear to be just as long as the last update on the screen. This has happened with 0.6 and 0.6.1.

Also when trying to start the logger in place outside of celltower range it does pic up satellites when I first start it, I can drive out of tower range and it has the satellites fine until I exit the app and go back in.

When trying to delete a path it doesnt update the deletion of the first path in the Path manager others delete until you get to the last one. example record a path then go to delete it doesn't appear to be gone until you close and go back into path manager.
    06-09-09 11:01 AM
    An issue with a BB 8830we(Bell Canada) with 4.5.0.160 I start logging and after a few mins it stops doing update to the screen. The export paths appear to be just as long as the last update on the screen. This has happened with 0.6 and 0.6.1.
    That's an issue that have been reported already (but I am clueless right now) - but it looks like for some reason the GPS antenna does fire any position updates anylonger - I have no idea if that have something to do with the phone cell network or not... I guess I would had been in an area without cell connection - hard to remember for me, when this had been the case over the last 10 years...

Also when trying to start the logger in place outside of celltower range it does pic up satellites when I first start it, I can drive out of tower range and it has the satellites fine until I exit the app and go back in.
    ... might be I am a total noob - but a friend of mine told me a story about his tom tom navigation device. he told me, that every week it will take longer and longer after the device is switched on till it finds any satellites... When he then perform an update via the internet it just takes few seconds till the device will find the first sats...

Since the position of the stats is changing the TomTom device need to be updated frequently with the current sat positions (in order to find them fast)... once you do not update the stat position table in the TomTom the device take longer and longer to find them...

What does this have to do with your problem? - Actually I just can assume, that the BlackBerry have more or less the same "sat postion - cache" (that also need to be updated frequent)... While you are in cell range the "sat pos cache" can be updated and the device find the sats... once you are out of cell range this updates are lost and so you don't find the sats any longer 8when you switch on the device)...

It's just a wild guess from my side, but I just assume, that in your GPS-Options there might be a function, that allows you device to store/save/update this "sat position cache".

At least that would explain the phenomenon you are describing

When trying to delete a path it doesnt update the deletion of the first path in the Path manager others delete until you get to the last one. example record a path then go to delete it doesn't appear to be gone until you close and go back into path manager.
    will look into this one...
    06-09-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks, love the program was just posting thing I've notice to do my 2bits to make it better.

have to admit I didn't read all 22 pages of this thread didn't know the update issue was reports.

I'll let you know next time I go out camping (june20th) how long the Sats take to pickup so if someone else ask you have an idea.

thanks again
    06-09-09 12:23 PM
570 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD