Glad to hear you will have it back up.
    05-14-09 01:32 PM
    GPSLogger update to 0.5.2

What's new?
    * New Icon
    * Zoom IN|OUT for Path-, Elevation- and Speed View (working while recording or when opening previous recorded path)
    * Zoom IN with KeyShortCut: [U|I]
    * Zoom OUT with KeyShortCut: [O|P]

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the GPSLogger Homepage

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-09-09 at 03:25 AM.
    05-15-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks for sharing it again...

The zip link is incorrect.

I think I correct it by inserting

"gpsl" after the "bb" in the link
    05-15-09 04:55 PM
    I just installed and did my quick pull. App looks great so far. I'm going to give it a whirl around Boulder this weekend! Thanks!
    05-15-09 05:46 PM
    Hi Matthias,

Thankyou, I've been waiting patiently for GPSLogger to re-surface!

One problem with the latest version on my Bold (4.6.0.266): The compass view doesn't work. It insists I'm not on OS 4.6... but I am.

-- Robert.
    05-16-09 02:00 AM
    One problem with the latest version on my Bold (4.6.0.266): The compass view doesn't work. It insists I'm not on OS 4.6... but I am.
    Hi Robert, are you sure, that you have installed the dedicated OS 4.6+ Version ???

The zip link is incorrect.
    fixed it - be so kind and simply send me a PM next time - TIA
    05-16-09 02:48 AM
    Hi Robert, are you sure, that you have installed the dedicated OS 4.6+ Version ???

Yes. Even went so far as to wipe the device and re-install the OS + apps OTA. The version reads GPSLogger v0.52 (c) 2009 and includes "Special Thanks to Rob Antonishen for the very nice compass svg file"

-- Robert.
    05-16-09 04:01 AM
    my apologize Robert - that was all my fault - please be so kind and redownload the OS 4.6+ Version OTA -> this time the Version info in the GPSLogger About dialog should say '0.5.2 [B]' -> now you will have the compass view... [even if I have to admit, that there is still a problem with center the image [which fails right now - but which have worked in the past]...

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 05-16-09 at 04:40 AM.
    05-16-09 04:32 AM
    Hi Matthias,

Yes it works now exactly as you describe. Thanks.

-- Robert.
    05-16-09 04:51 AM
    GPSLogger update to 0.5.3

What's new?
    * Key short cut [D|F] to toggle display

What's fixed?
    * correct N|S and W|E values for Lon&Lat
    * GPS & Compass-View will display content without being in Logging-Mode
    * 4.6+ only: Compass centred

Installation & Update

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Matthias
    05-17-09 03:31 AM
    I have an 8900 and am running GPSLogger v0.5.3 [B]. When I start a new path, the GPS position stops changing and it looks like I'm not moving anywhere. If I'm not recording, the GPS coordinates change just fine.
    05-18-09 11:14 AM
    Help! I just downloaded and installed the GPSLogger on my Curve 8330 and when I tried to run it I got the message that GPS not supported. Sorry! I have the Verizon navigation on my phone. Is that the problem? Help!

Ray
    05-18-09 02:00 PM
    I have an 8900 and am running GPSLogger v0.5.3 [B]. When I start a new path, the GPS position stops changing and it looks like I'm not moving anywhere. If I'm not recording, the GPS coordinates change just fine.
    quite strange indeed - I have never read about such an issue before - just to summarize - when you start GPSLogger the small data at the top is constantly changing when you move around - once you start "Recording" the data does not change anylonger - correct?
    05-18-09 03:08 PM
    quite strange indeed - I have never read about such an issue before - just to summarize - when you start GPSLogger the small data at the top is constantly changing when you move around - once you start "Recording" the data does not change anylonger - correct?
    Correct. I can email you one of the recordings if you like. Just PM me your email address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:38 PM
    Help! I just downloaded and installed the GPSLogger on my Curve 8330 and when I tried to run it I got the message that GPS not supported. Sorry! I have the Verizon navigation on my phone. Is that the problem? Help!

Ray
    The gps is locked by verizon and may only be used for their navigator program and for BBmaps.

Otherwise you would need a bluetooth gps puck.
    05-18-09 06:08 PM
    Correct. I can email you one of the recordings if you like. Just PM me your email address.
    you will find a eMail address at the bottom of the GPSLogger Homepage - but just something I do not understand -> are you trying to say, that the App actually really create useful logging information (only the display does not get updated???)

and thanks to F2 for your reply concerning the 36'th "Verizon GSP does not work" post...

Matthias
    05-19-09 02:54 AM
    you will find a eMail address at the bottom of the GPSLogger Homepage - but just something I do not understand -> are you trying to say, that the App actually really create useful logging information (only the display does not get updated???)

and thanks to F2 for your reply concerning the 36'th "Verizon GSP does not work" post...

Matthias

Just emailed you the files off my BlackBerry 8900. I don't know if it's useful or not, but it does create a file that shows I don't go anywhere.

What happens, is I launch GPSLogger, get a GPS signal that is updating, then when I start a new Path the GPS numbers don't change anymore.

In my Options, I have my Path directory as SDCard/blackberry/documents/GPS. My export directory is the same thing.

It worked in the past, it's only with the new update that it stopped.
    05-19-09 01:12 PM
    It worked in the past, it's only with the new update that it stopped.
    you mean in the 4.x versions everything was fine? [can you load a previous (with the old working version) recorded path?]
    05-19-09 02:17 PM
    First off, I just want to say thanks for the application. I'm already having a good time with it and I'm looking forward to playing with it some more.

Unfortunately, I seem to have encountered a bug. When I try to import a .klm into google earth on the mac, it gives me this error.

Open of file "/Users/Adam/Documents/GPS Paths/20090519_170446.kml" failed: Parse error at line 27, column 50:mismatched tag
    I can email you the offending file if you'd like.
    05-19-09 07:49 PM
    I seem to have encountered a bug. When I try to import a .klm into google earth
    Shame ONE ME! - stupid bug - expect a fix in the next release!
    Last edited by emacf1; 05-20-09 at 02:07 AM.
    05-20-09 01:25 AM
    Hi. Firstly thanks for the great app, am really enjoying it.

However I am also having the same issue as mantheron so if you find a fix for it can you post a reply. I have recorded 3 different paths and am getting that same error message when trying to open on google earth on all of them.

Cheers

05-20-09 01:36 AM
    once the bug is fixed you simply can re-export your recordings and then everything is fine...
    05-20-09 02:26 AM
    GPSLogger update to 0.5.4

What's new?
    * Direction View:
    Load a previously stored Location (Point) and let you guide to that direction ("Guide Me Home" function).
    This can become quite useful when you have to locate your car at a big parking lot - or when you are in the wilderness and have lost the orientation.
    Please Note: This is not a any kind of street navigation function! - it's just gives you a direction & distance

* Key short cut [D|F] to toggle display forward
    * Key short cut [SHIFT]+[D|F] to toggle display backwards
    * Key short cut [L] to toggle night mode

What's fixed?
    * KML-Export

Installation & Update

Matthias
    05-21-09 06:38 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the prompt update.

05-21-09 08:54 AM
    Man, unless the dear folks at Blackstar come out with their update soon, this Storm user just may give this one a whirl...
    05-21-09 01:43 PM
570 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD