"Go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS then click "Refresh GPS"

I do not have "rerfresh GPS" as an option anywhere. In the menu listed above I only have GPS data scource and GPS services. I'm still running 4.3 so that might be why. In bb maps option I have "clear cache" and "clear downloaded data" usually when I clear those I can lock onto a satelite but even that won't work lately. I guess I won't be ditching my handheld gps anytime soon. Tp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

i dont have the option either
    02-24-09 05:08 AM
    well i just like to UPDATE you i tried where i get NO SERVICE at all neither one works so it must need the towers last time i tried i was on the fringe area of in/out of service that must of been why the b* would get info . no service no info. sorry emacf1 for the false info but now i know they wont work without service.
    02-24-09 05:17 AM
    i dont have the option either
    same here. but i thought when i first got my phone it was there. Think i had 4.2 on my phone then....
    02-24-09 07:00 AM
    I'm still having issues getting this to work after downloading yesterday (24Feb09). I've also noticed that my other GPS software (BBmpas and Google Maps) are not seeing sats anymore. So.. not a software issue, I understand that.

However... I have a question, and as it might be answered if I can use the software I felt the need to explain I can't use it currently.

1) How quick can we sample the data? Can we get down to 10 or 5 Hz rate?

2) As for the person asking about car applications... this would be handy indeed. I'd like to point a link to another software application for Windows Mobile (not a competitor of this, but has the car features I'm looking for):

MaxQData

If emacf1 is interested, I've been told by the developers they would expand the software, but are not familiar with the BB interface and programing. There's a market here for this type of application for both the iPhone and Blackberry's. I, for one, would love to see this sort of data... and it's available, you just need to plot the data which is being captured, and collect data fast enough to give meaningful information.

Hopefully my issues with the GPS are resolved soon.

RockAndRollAcdc... would you be willing to meet and help me out if needed? I live just north of you by 10 miles and am in Holland daily.

Thanks!
    02-25-09 12:37 PM
    hey ---- could someone use this as a running program?

I am gonna try it, and see if it works

distance, speed, time running

any one else doing this?

al
    02-25-09 03:34 PM
    uhmmmm how do I download it?

I tried to copy the file

Installation
    You can install GPSLogger "over the air" directly to your Blackberry device* via the following link:
    http://bb.emacf1.com/GPSLogger.jad (aprox. 91,7KiB)

tried to copy that onto my media card

I have a curve 8320 on tmobile

help?

thanks
    al
    02-25-09 04:06 PM
    GPSLogger Download (aprox. 91,7KiB)

tried to copy that onto my media card
    well that's the URL you should type in your BB Browser... (it makes no sense to load the jad on PC/Mac and copy it to the SDCard)...
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-09-09 at 03:26 AM.
    02-25-09 06:18 PM
    My GPS started working again today... I'm going to use it tomorrow on my drive to work and see how things go, but I'm liking what I saw for the short amount of time I got to test it out today.
    02-25-09 07:05 PM
    well that's the URL you should type in your BB Browser... (it makes no sense to load the jad on PC/Mac and copy it to the SDCard)...

I loaded the file on my mac, but my mac wont run JAD. what program is that, or do I have to run it on pc?

thanks, al
    02-25-09 09:51 PM
    If your BB works like some others: Copy the jad file to your BB's sd card.

Now open Media Player. Press Menu and then EXPLORE. Find the card and the jad file. Highlight and Press Enter. It should open your browser and start downloading the actual file for installation.

Good luck
    02-26-09 12:13 AM
    I loaded the file on my mac, but my mac wont run JAD. what program is that, or do I have to run it on pc?

thanks, al
    You run the program on your Blackberry.
    02-26-09 06:55 AM
    I recorded my path on my commute to work this morning... however had an issue when I went to save it.

Not sure how the paths are to be written, as when you enter to select a path to save, you have to type it out completely. Not knowing what the paths are, I left it blank.

I don't have an e-mail address set up on the phone as I use the gmail application. So, upon trying to save the file, I lost everything as there was no path and no way to e-mail.

Hmm... any help on how to get recordings stored on the SD card? I don't know what folders are there, or how to get there from where ever I'm starting... totally lost.
    02-26-09 07:21 AM
    thx gonna try it
    02-26-09 08:51 AM
    I recorded my path on my commute to work this morning... however had an issue when I went to save it.

Not sure how the paths are to be written, as when you enter to select a path to save, you have to type it out completely. Not knowing what the paths are, I left it blank.

I don't have an e-mail address set up on the phone as I use the gmail application. So, upon trying to save the file, I lost everything as there was no path and no way to e-mail.

Hmm... any help on how to get recordings stored on the SD card? I don't know what folders are there, or how to get there from where ever I'm starting... totally lost.
    If you look back, I was in your position early in the thread. First, setup an email just so that you do have a way of "saving" the path by sending it to yourself. Under the Options, I see that the card setting is merely Export Directory:

"SDCard" (without the quotes). I think that is the default location. Then check the box or boxes of the format (I do both - it will send one e-mail for each box checked)
    02-26-09 10:23 AM

typed this into my BB BROWSER, like you said, (but I mis-read that) and it is loaded in my phone now!
    so, it is loaded on my phone...woot woot!

gonna try it out....

al
    02-26-09 10:30 AM
    emacf1 WOW.. What a wicked and usefull program this is. I wish I had the talent that you posses to write something like this. I work in remote areas and this is amazing for my personal use in logging my way in and out. I can not extend enough thanks for allowing use to this program. Thanks so much..
    02-26-09 10:44 AM
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but after I record a path and save it or email it to my email address, how do I go about getting the path mapped out on a mapping program, like google maps? Do I just open google maps and menu, options, open file or what? Little step by step would be awesome from anyone who knows how to do this. Thanks in advance.
    02-26-09 11:29 AM
    If you look back, I was in your position early in the thread. First, setup an email just so that you do have a way of "saving" the path by sending it to yourself. Under the Options, I see that the card setting is merely Export Directory:

"SDCard" (without the quotes). I think that is the default location. Then check the box or boxes of the format (I do both - it will send one e-mail for each box checked)
    Thanks... I did read through and saw your issues, but didn't see a clear answer (at least to me) that stated what to do.

Currently under options, I've done this:

Export Directory: SDCard

Where previously it said - Export Directory: <spegicfy>/ or something similar (and it was misspelled)

I'm hoping that by saying "SDCard" that's where the files are saved to. I don't want to setup an e-mail account on the phone... it was a pain in the **** with my gmail account to begin with.

I'll log my trip home tonight and see if that works I guess. Thanks!
    02-26-09 12:18 PM

rlhammon here's all you have to do
    1. start program
    2. click on menu key
    3. go to options
    4. Now little ways down you'll see where it says "Path Directory". scroll down to it
    5. click on menu key
    6. "Browse for Path directory" should be highlighted

Now just pick where you want it stored on your SD card. Now for naming of them. Don't worry about that, it gives its own name each time you record. EX-20090224_202641.gpl
    02-26-09 02:49 PM
    Ha..ha... THANKS!

See, when I scrolled down and selected those fields the keyboard came up. I was lost as trying to type out what the path was... never thought to hit the menu button from there when the keyboard popped up.

Got it set up now, and glad I checked as I'm about ready to head on out and record a path now.

Thanks again, and might I suggest this option be a little more intuitive? The way it's laid out it looks like you are supposed to type there, everything else has buttons w/ drop downs or selections of some sort.

I think because I never used a trackball BB that I'm looking at things differently than those who have. New learning curve, that's all.
    02-26-09 03:22 PM
    cheers this thing is great
    02-26-09 04:14 PM
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but after I record a path and save it or email it to my email address, how do I go about getting the path mapped out on a mapping program, like google maps? Do I just open google maps and menu, options, open file or what? Little step by step would be awesome from anyone who knows how to do this. Thanks in advance.
    The gpx format is fairly universal but you do need a viewer or converter program. I can use those with my garmin mapping and associated programs.

The other format klm (or whatever) is GoogleEarth format. You can download Googleearth and it will trace the path on its maps. Then, I think you can switch to Googlemaps to see it in another manner.
    02-26-09 04:15 PM
    Hi guys � thanks for all the feedback and the help you are giving each other � that�s really kind� I was busy with official work � sorry�

1) How quick can we sample the data? Can we get down to 10 or 5 Hz rate?
    update each sec that�s the fastest you can get from the API�

2) As for the person asking about car applications... this would be handy indeed. I'd like to point a link to another software application for Windows Mobile (not a competitor of this, but has the car features I'm looking for):

MaxQData

If emacf1 is interested, I've been told by the developers they would expand the software, but are not familiar with the BB interface and programing. There's a market here for this type of application for both the iPhone and Blackberry's. I, for one, would love to see this sort of data... and it's available, you just need to plot the data which is being captured, and collect data fast enough to give meaningful information.

Hopefully my issues with the GPS are resolved soon�
    Honestly � the GPS-Antenna in the BB devices is not capable of doing the job you would like to do� the low sample rate is just one issue � I am myself some sort of involved into car/street racing for long time (participated in 24h endurance races and things like that) � it would had never came into my mind to rely on the BB-GPS-signal data in order to improve my laptimes (and get conclusions for the car setup)� the hardware is simply not suitable for this purpose and the result (what every you are going to code) will be not satisfying and even more it will come not even close to the data you can capture which such a MaxQData device� But I would not even rely on that data � my �Popometer� is much better ;-)

I am sorry to sound so negative � it�s just that I am quite confident, that the result will make nobody happy�

emacf1 WOW.. What a wicked and usefull program this is. I wish I had the talent that you posses to write something like this. I work in remote areas and this is amazing for my personal use in logging my way in and out. I can not extend enough thanks for allowing use to this program. Thanks so much..
    Thanks � that�s going down smooth like silk!

First you have to specify a ExportDir (or eMail recipients), then you can choose from the Path-Screen (Manage Path�s Menu Item) to export your recorded Path (to FileSystem or eMail)�

rlhammon here's all you have to do
    1. start program
    2. click on menu key
    3. go to options
    4. Now little ways down you'll see where it says "Path Directory". scroll down to it
    5. click on menu key
    6. "Browse for Path directory" should be highlighted

Now just pick where you want it stored on your SD card. Now for naming of them. Don't worry about that, it gives its own name each time you record. EX-20090224_202641.gpl
    Thanks a lot for your help here�

Ha..ha... THANKS!
    �Thanks again, and might I suggest this option be a little more intuitive? The way it's laid out it looks like you are supposed to type there, everything else has buttons w/ drop downs or selections of some sort.
    well � that�s a problem � to making a GUI intuitive on a device that can be so different (e.g. Storm)� Since there is nothing like a FileInputField (with a �browse� button beside) and I did not managed to code �a text input field with a button left next to it� � that was the �next� intuitive I could imagine � once the filed is focused, this MenuItem becomes visible� I guess that needs to be documented 0:-)

Matthias
    02-26-09 04:15 PM
    Thanks... I did read through and saw your issues, but didn't see a clear answer (at least to me) that stated what to do.

Currently under options, I've done this:

Export Directory: SDCard

Where previously it said - Export Directory: <spegicfy>/ or something similar (and it was misspelled)

I'm hoping that by saying "SDCard" that's where the files are saved to. I don't want to setup an e-mail account on the phone... it was a pain in the **** with my gmail account to begin with.

I'll log my trip home tonight and see if that works I guess. Thanks!
    I don't know if you have to setup an email account to SEND but you need to specify an email address or more than one. So you could send it to a friend/spouse/etc. But maybe the BB can't send unless there is an initial email account established??? Just checked and it does appear that the messages I've sent myself (to my Gmail account) were sent from my Compuserve address. But if you setup a gmail account, you may be able to send 'circularly' from/to that one alone?
    02-26-09 04:20 PM
    well "export as mail" was anyhow just a "gimmick" implementation... I recommend to use export to FileSystem and take the Data from the SDCard to your PC... but well that's just my opinion...
    02-26-09 05:12 PM
570 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD