Okay, thanks! But why are there 2 values [xxm/xxm]?
    since both coordinate values comes (can come) with a different accuracy value... one for X and the other for Y.

It could be that BB-GPS-Option is going to make an average of both values - I do not know...
    02-22-09 07:13 AM
    since both coordinate values comes (can come) with a different accuracy value... one for X and the other for Y.

It could be that BB-GPS-Option is going to make an average of both values - I do not know...
    Okay. Thanks!

I hope the next version you will release that is mapsource readable will also include the accuracy and number of satellites data embedded in the GPX file.

Thanks again!
    02-22-09 07:48 AM
    The current gpx files are directly readable in my version of Mapsource:

Version 6.14.1
    02-22-09 10:05 AM
    Yes they might be readable - but they does not contain "all" data that GPSLogger have collected... expect an extended version soon...

in the meanwhile check out my new BBSoftware Homepage ;-)
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-09-09 at 03:27 AM.
    02-22-09 10:26 AM
    Nice site emacf1!

About the bbFileScout, is it 8900 compatible? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry for OT but I Tried bbfilescout and installed fine in my 8900. I can't delete files in the device memory. I tried deleting the Music_Demo_WorldTraveller.m4a and it won't delete it.
    Last edited by amf14; 02-22-09 at 11:33 AM.
    02-22-09 10:32 AM
    in the meanwhile check out my new BBSoftware Homepage ;-)
    OFF TOPIC:

I downloaded your FILER program. How is it different from the internal EXPLORE option in the Media Player? Is there a thread on this program in 3rd party software forum?
    02-22-09 11:14 AM
    OFF TOPIC:I downloaded your FILER program. How is it different from the internal EXPLORE option in the Media Player? Is there a thread on this program in 3rd party software forum?
    allow me to finish the next release and then you will find an official announcement (and there is room for your questions) - please keep this thread dedicated to GPSLogger - TIA

Matthias

PS: but first of all I have to take care about my daughter - it's time for her to go to bed...
    02-22-09 12:20 PM
    update 0.4.11 is available (minor):

What's new?
    • Options:
      • Specify if you like to Confirm Exit of GPSLogger
    • The exported GPX file now contains the following information about each recorded location:
      • Longitude / Latitude
      • Altitude (in WGS84)
      • Timestamp
      • Course/heading
      • Name of the Point (if it's a named waypoint)
      • # of Satellites
      • Accuracy for Longitude & Latitude values

Get the latest version from GPSLogger Downloadpage

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-09-09 at 03:27 AM. Reason: corrected link :-)
    02-22-09 02:28 PM
    OFF TOPIC: ... Is there a thread on this program in 3rd party software forum?
    Sorry for OT but I Tried bbfilescout and installed fine in my 8900. I can't delete files in the device memory. I tried deleting the Music_Demo_WorldTraveller.m4a and it won't delete it.
    Last time OFF Topic: now there is a own Thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbf...0-free-166590/
    02-22-09 03:23 PM
    Hey, gave a good try today walking my dog in our local state park. It tracked me the whole time, very impressed. See, this state park is out by Lake Michigan and you don't get good cell reception a lot. Far as i can tell, it stayed locked the whole time. Only thing now is finding the right map program to export to. I used google, problem with it is that my sat view isn't of my area sucks. Is there a way to import it in to Live Search? Live search has great sat views of my area. Or is there a better one out there??? Also, is there a way to zoom in to your path???
    02-22-09 04:50 PM
    well not having any luck in the bush with 4.9?
    02-22-09 07:24 PM
    I have the latest version but have been unable to get the program to lock onto satelites. My gps has always been unreliable but I was hoping this would work. I have cleared my cache which usually helps but still a no go. Will your program keep searching for a satelite as long as its open or will it time out after a period of time ? Do you have any other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:13 PM
    update 0.4.11 is available (minor):

What's new?
    • Options:
      • Specify if you like to Confirm Exit of GPSLogger
    • The exported GPX file now contains the following information about each recorded location:
      • Longitude / Latitude
      • Altitude (in WGS84)
      • Timestamp
      • Course/heading
      • Name of the Point (if it's a named waypoint)
      • # of Satellites
      • Accuracy for Longitude & Latitude values

Matthias
    That was fast emacf1! Thanks for addressing my concerns. Will check out this new version and try it once i hit the road. I'll report my findings later.
    02-22-09 10:14 PM
    Sounds great! Downloaded and installed without a problem. Looking forward to giving it a try.

02-22-09 10:36 PM
    Matthias:

You left the number "1" out of your link above to the newest version.

You can edit it to fix it
    02-23-09 12:01 AM
    You left the number "1" out of your link above to the newest version - You can edit it to fix it
    It's quite though to keep al the forum's up to date ;-) - I now have just linked the new GPSLogger Homepage - there you will always find the latest version... I hope that's fine with this forums policy.

I have the latest version but have been unable to get the program to lock onto satelites. My gps has always been unreliable but I was hoping this would work. I have cleared my cache which usually helps but still a no go. Will your program keep searching for a satelite as long as its open or will it time out after a period of time ?
    as long as you are running the application it will ask the GPS-API (provided by RIM) for actual GPS Data - once the API return "GPS Service is not available" it will try to restart the GPS-Listener... so IMHO as long as GPSLogger is running it will try to get data... [please also read my further comments about reading GPS data]

well not having any luck in the bush with 4.9?
    Well - even if this might be sounds a bit to technical - but I try to explain what I can do and what I cant...

See RIM have provided an open Application Programming Interface (API) to access their hardware. In this case it's the GPS-Antenna - I have not written any code, that tries to read data directly from the antenna - all the code I have written is doing is to access that API. When the API does not return any information about the GPS-Signal then there is nothing GPSLogger (or any other 3'rd party application that is using the same API) can do about it.

I am sorry, but when you have no GPS-Signal in GPSLogger, then I doubt, that you will have any in other 3'rd party Applications (which makes use of the RIM Java API). Please do not blame GPSLogger for the Problem - it must be something between the Antenna and the API.

Only thing now is finding the right map program to export to. I used google, problem with it is that my sat view isn't of my area sucks. Is there a way to import it in to Live Search? Live search has great sat views of my area. Or is there a better one out there???
    Well - currently I am not planing to support additional proprietary format's - GPX is quite universal (and contain almost all collected data) - might be, that GPSBabel is able to convert GPX into "Live Search" format (I don't know - I am not familiar with it)

Also, is there a way to zoom in to your path???
    nope - not yet... could get quite some difficult UI...

Matthias
    02-23-09 05:07 AM
    thats realy weird you say that it uses the same info as blackstar but i can get info with b* ?? could it be my pearl?
    02-23-09 05:18 AM
    thats realy weird you say that it uses the same info as blackstar but i can get info with b* ?? could it be my pearl?
    that's indeed very strange - when B* is working fine (always & everywhere) then there is really no reason, why GPSLogger should not work - as I said before the Develops of B* was so kind and provide me with their core code, that accessing the GPS-API - and I can ensure you, that both applications are using the identical code [when you set the update frequency in the GPSLogger to '1']
    02-23-09 05:58 AM
    During the times when you are having difficulties locking onto a signal, go to the Options app (meaning the wrench icon, not GPSLogger Options). Go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS then click "Refresh GPS" if it returns a location, then the GPS is working and GPSLogger should be able to get the signal. If it does not return a location, then it is the GPS not getting a signal, not a GPSLogger problem.
    02-23-09 07:09 AM
    As for getting a signal, yesterday, even the Bluetooth connection can be a problem for some of us. Yesterday, I had no problem going somewhere with Verizon's Navigator program. BT worked and it gave me directions. On the way home I could not get the BT and Verizon Nav to talk. NO way. I refreshed a bunch of times. Came home, saw a new Logger downloaded and it immediately talked with BT connection and showed my location.

I have had similar problems - my BT? My BB? Other? That's why folks still rely on Paper MAPS and Magnetic compass!!!!! (g)
    02-23-09 08:50 AM
    my report....

With the new update 0.4.11, I can't open now the exported gpx using Mapsource 6.15.3. Gpslogger version 0.4.10 exported gpx could be opened by Mapsource, problem though is waypoints don't show up. Now with version 0.4.11, I can't totally open the exported gpx, Mapsource says "...gpx could not be imported". Good thing is the converted kml to gdb using gpsbabel still shows all data including named waypoints.
    02-23-09 09:24 AM
    my report....

With the new update 0.4.11, I can't open now the exported gpx using Mapsource 6.15.3. Gpslogger version 0.4.10 exported gpx could be opened by Mapsource, problem though is waypoints don't show up. Now with version 0.4.11, I can't totally open the exported gpx, Mapsource says "...gpx could not be imported". Good thing is the converted kml to gdb using gpsbabel still shows all data including named waypoints.
    Thanks for this feedback - even if it's quite frustrating - what should I say - I do not have this Mapsource app - all I can say is, that the GPX that I have created is valid against the official XML-Schema http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0/gpx.xsd - I might have an idea, why Mapsource "thinks" that the file is not readable - but honestly it really sucks, if developers does not have a clue what XML is all about
    02-23-09 10:23 AM
    Don't be too frustated emacf1, you're doing a great job and you're doing a big favor to a lot of people here. As much as I want to help, I'm no programmer so I leave those stuffs with people like you. Your gpslogger is good enough for me but any additional enhancements would really be appreciated. Anyway, I'm just a bit guilty I made your day gloomy so please don't be.
    02-23-09 11:35 AM
    "Go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS then click "Refresh GPS"

I do not have "rerfresh GPS" as an option anywhere. In the menu listed above I only have GPS data scource and GPS services. I'm still running 4.3 so that might be why. In bb maps option I have "clear cache" and "clear downloaded data" usually when I clear those I can lock onto a satelite but even that won't work lately. I guess I won't be ditching my handheld gps anytime soon. Tp

02-23-09 03:25 PM
    Been using this over the weekend and logged a quick 400 miles road trip. GREAT app!
    02-23-09 05:10 PM
570 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD