first of all get the 0.4.8... just to ensure that you have the updated "GPS signal recovery code" on your device - second - see the attached screenshot.
    I loaded 0.4.8 this morning. I'll test it at lunch time when I'm out side. I did change that setting last night. Kinda figured that meant be the one.
    02-20-09 07:32 AM
    What ever you did it worked perfect. I started up your program and it got my position with in seconds, good job. Now, i would recommend that when you're in option and change something, on exit ask if you want to save. I seen you have a "Save Settings" but when i change something i for got to save. It would just be nice to have that.

Opps forgot something, your speed was way off. I going 55mph and it said i was going 25mph
    Last edited by RockAndRollAcdc; 02-20-09 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added text
    02-20-09 11:36 AM
    Thanks!

Would like to see an accuracy data (in meters) on top or bottom of each screen.
    Last edited by amf14; 02-20-09 at 11:39 AM.
    02-20-09 11:36 AM
    Would like to see an accuracy data (in meters) on top or bottom of each screen.
    mhhh - might be it's cause my English is not good enough - but I do not understand what you mean - would be nice, if you could explain it a bit more in detail.

What ever you did it worked perfect. I started up your program and it got my position with in seconds, good job.
    well I assume that have to do with the update frequency...

Now, i would recommend that when you're in option and change something, on exit ask if you want to save. I seen you have a "Save Settings" but when i change something i for got to save. It would just be nice to have that.
    it's implemented for sure - and I had issues with that in an earlier version (but it was already fixed)... can you tell me in which conditions this problem still remains. Here as soon as I change something in the options, then press the cancel button and chose "save" in the upcomming dialogue my changes are saved... so I do not know, what I can do more.
    02-20-09 11:47 AM
    Hi emacf1!

When you go to Options->Advanced Options->GPS then Menu->Refresh GPS-> The lat/long, fix time, Number of satellites and accuracy are displayed.

I suggest that the accuracy number (in meters) as above is also displayed in the screens on GPSLogger.

Thanks!
    02-20-09 11:53 AM
    update 0.4.9 is available (minor):

What's new?
    • Correct calculation of total Path time & distance when using the PAUSE function
    • Support for OS 4.2.1 - and so now 8100 devices are supported as well

unfortunately I did not managed to get OTA working with BB 8100 (4.2.1) Series devices - so if you are an 8100 owner, please download the zip below and install GPSLogger via DesktopManager (or javaloader)

Matthias
    Last edited by emacf1; 02-20-09 at 03:08 PM.
    02-20-09 12:02 PM
    When you go to Options->Advanced Options->GPS then Menu->Refresh GPS-> The lat/long, fix time, Number of satellites and accuracy are displayed.

I suggest that the accuracy number (in meters) as above is also displayed in the screens on GPSLogger.
    Ahh - I see - looks like I haven't spend much time with my BB so far... I thought I would not have GPS Options

Expect a new Version of GPSLogger in the next couple of days with integrated accuracy [it requires some change in the data model - but i want to support previously recorded paths as well]...

thanks for the idea!

Matthias
    02-20-09 02:42 PM
    Damn! I just spent $10 on GPSed. I assume that this serves the same function?
    02-20-09 02:46 PM
    Damn! I just spent $10 on GPSed. I assume that this serves the same function?
    GPSed Pro comes with 'Live tracking with smallest time intervals (up to 3 seconds) ' - that's something GPSLogger does not do... [I am not a exhibitionist - and I still prefer to have control over personal data]

Matthias
    02-20-09 02:54 PM
    i downloaded the latest one this morning and still a no go in the bush area?
    02-20-09 06:12 PM
    jsut thought of another thing that could be added (i would find it useful anyway)
    is it possible to have a new mode, that waits for motion, then times how long it takes to do 0-100kmh (0-60mph) ?
    would be a fun little bit, to add, (i am going to try tracking some track cars, just to see how quick they are at certain bits of the track)
    02-20-09 06:19 PM
    Ahh - I see - looks like I haven't spend much time with my BB so far... I thought I would not have GPS Options

Expect a new Version of GPSLogger in the next couple of days with integrated accuracy [it requires some change in the data model - but i want to support previously recorded paths as well]...

thanks for the idea!

Matthias
    Thanks! Looking forward to it.
    02-20-09 07:12 PM
    jsut thought of another thing that could be added (i would find it useful anyway)
    is it possible to have a new mode, that waits for motion, then times how long it takes to do 0-100kmh (0-60mph) ?
    would be a fun little bit, to add, (i am going to try tracking some track cars, just to see how quick they are at certain bits of the track)
    Well - I am car enthusiast as well - but it never came to my mind to check the performance of a car via GPS - why we have telemetry data invented - honestly to make an decent analysis of an car no a racetrack you need something like Motec.
    02-21-09 02:14 AM
    i see your site has 4.7 as latest ver vet 4.9 is out? not sure if you noticed but i will try 4.9 or above today and see if it works at the cabin
    02-21-09 08:22 AM
    well I assume that have to do with the update frequency...

I had the frequency change before i downloaded 0.4.8 and still wouldn't work. but after i installed 0.4.8 it worked. anyways, it now work wich is real cool

it's implemented for sure - and I had issues with that in an earlier version (but it was already fixed)... can you tell me in which conditions this problem still remains. Here as soon as I change something in the options, then press the cancel button and chose "save" in the upcomming dialogue my changes are saved... so I do not know, what I can do more.
    Sorry, must of not worked in previouse versions. I just tried it this morning and exit asked to save when i exited. cool.....
    02-21-09 09:26 AM
    emacf1
    what about the speed issue?? is it fixed in 0.4.9???
    02-21-09 09:29 AM
    emacf1
    what about the speed issue?? is it fixed in 0.4.9???
    Speed is not calculated - it's coming directly from the GPS-data -> there is not much that I can do about that data... all das GPSLogger does is to recalculate the speed to MPH (you might can try, if "metric" display will give you better information) - then I know that I might need to review imperial unit calculation.
    02-21-09 03:16 PM
    update 0.4.10 is available (minor):

What's new?
    • the accuracy of the GPS Data will be shown

unfortunately I did not managed to get OTA working with BB 8100 (4.2.1) Series devices - so if you are an 8100 owner, please download the zip below and install GPSLogger via DesktopManager (or javaloader)

Matthias
    02-21-09 03:43 PM
    I was kinda hoping when I've marked some points in the tracklog that it will automatically appear as waypoints when the exported gpx is opened to mapping programs like mapsource but it didn't show up. Is there any way that those marked track points could be included with the exported gpx file? Other than that, your program really works and very helpful to me. Thanks a lot!
    02-22-09 12:54 AM
    update 0.4.10 is available (minor):

What's new?
    • the accuracy of the GPS Data will be shown

Matthias
    Thanks! Downloading now... Which one is the accuracy data? The one after the Long/Lat numbers?
    Last edited by amf14; 02-22-09 at 02:15 AM.
    02-22-09 02:07 AM
    I was kinda hoping when I've marked some points in the tracklog that it will automatically appear as waypoints when the exported gpx is opened to mapping programs like mapsource but it didn't show up. Is there any way that those marked track points could be included with the exported gpx file? Other than that, your program really works and very helpful to me. Thanks a lot!
    looks like, that there are to many differnt XML-Schema definitions for GPX *sigh*...

I can ensure you the info is in the file - but I assume your app is not able to read it from the place where it's written... can you try:

1) get GPSBabel ( from GPSBabel Downloads )
    2) export the Path as KML
    3) use GPSBabel (GPSBabelGUI.exe) to konvert the KML to GPX
    4) open the converted GPX in your APP - does then the Waypoints show up correctly?

if that is the case, then you app seams to have problems with v1.1 of the GPX definition - but there is not too much to worry about I assume I will provide another exporter then [which is going to write 1.0 right from the scratch]

Matthias
    02-22-09 03:41 AM
    I did what you suggested... used the exported kml then converted it to gdb using gpsbabel with some minor tweaking on the filter settings then opened the converted file with Mapsource program by Garmin...the track points I've marked/named with GPSlogger now properly show up as waypoints on the program along with the track. I guess you're right that the Mapsource just cant read the exported gpx file properly. Many, many thanks!

Just a comment, maybe you could prompt the user on program exit when the escape button is pressed. Twice it happened to me, after starting to record tracks, i go on check emails thinking that gpslogger is running in the background when in fact it was stopped the moment I've pressed the esc button.
    02-22-09 06:14 AM
    I did what you suggested... used the exported kml then converted it to gdb using gpsbabel with some minor tweaking on the filter settings then opened the converted file with Mapsource program by Garmin...the track points I've marked/named with GPSlogger now properly show up as waypoints on the program along with the track. I guess you're right that the Mapsource just cant read the exported gpx file properly. Many, many thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback - actually expect in the next Version of GPSLogger, that Mapsource can directly read the GPX files that have been created by GPSLogger (so no extra converting step).

Just a comment, maybe you could prompt the user on program exit when the escape button is pressed. Twice it happened to me, after starting to record tracks, i go on check emails thinking that gpslogger is running in the background when in fact it was stopped the moment I've pressed the esc button.
    What should I say - personally I hate this kind of dialog's - "are you really sure?" But I think I know what you mean - it would require some additional settings in the Options "Confirm on Exit"... and with that we both should be happy.
    02-22-09 06:45 AM
    Thanks! Downloading now... Which one is the accuracy data? The one after the Long/Lat numbers?
    yeah - since the stuff in the [ ] is new - that must mean, that this are the accuracy values
    02-22-09 06:48 AM
    yeah - since the stuff in the [ ] is new - that must mean, that this are the accuracy values
    Okay, thanks! But why are there 2 values [xxm/xxm]?
    Last edited by amf14; 02-22-09 at 06:54 AM.
    02-22-09 06:50 AM
570 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD