GPSed just posted a blog saying they released v1.01...I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if it fixed that address book problem...I just downloaded the zip install but I'm not gonna install it till tomorrow morning, so any feedback on this new version before I install would be appreciated
    09-02-08 12:08 AM
    I would not try it unless they state explicitly in their release notes that they at least intended this release to fix that problem. It's too serious to fool around with otherwise.
    09-02-08 10:02 PM
    i have been using v1.01 for awhile, it looks good, and it works fine recording the tracks and connecting with the GPS etc. -BUT- it only uploads to the server the first minute or so (the first mile or so) and then it STOPS .. so it is not good for uploading tracks and viewing them there, unless you do that manually using a pc.

using Berry 8310 Curve v.4.5.0.69 on T-mobile BIS and new version of GPSed
    Last edited by APcell; 09-03-08 at 08:23 PM.
    09-03-08 07:38 PM
    have u had any of the problems with the address book that other people have run into previously?
    09-03-08 09:44 PM
    have u had any of the problems with the address book that other people have run into previously?
    i read something about that .. but what does the address book have to do with GPSed ?? - no idea !

the main issue i have is that it just does not upload to their server anymore not even manually .. i get that authorization error even though the autoconfig found that BIS and WAP both work fine !
    09-04-08 07:50 PM
    i read something about that .. but what does the address book have to do with GPSed ?? - no idea ...
    I don't know how GPSed caused a problem with the address book either. I just know what happened to me. I didn't suspect GPSed until I read this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/add...y-error-56528/

The info in that thread is the basis for my caution.
    09-04-08 09:41 PM
    I've had v1.0.1 on my ATT 8110 for about 2 weeks now. Have only played with it a little, but have not had a problem uploading live tracks for over 1 minute (i let my first test run about 5 min. or so). I have seen no impact on my address book...

MB
    09-06-08 08:22 AM
    I would not try it unless they state explicitly in their release notes that they at least intended this release to fix that problem. It's too serious to fool around with otherwise.
    Ok, i read the thread and now i know what you are talking about - i tried that address book edit - everything works fine, no uploading / external updating, no errors .. the only problem i STILL have with GPSed is this "Authentication Error" that doesn't allow me to upload the tracks
    09-10-08 10:20 AM
    i installed gpsed 101 today on my Bold.

First thoughts were great but after using, the thread here is correct -

it wont upload more than about a minute and subsequent tries (3G, WAP, WIFI too), eventually lead to an authentication error. I get around it by uploading my map maually (not acceptable).

Additionally, it seems to lock up my BB occassionaly - not enough to be painful though.

Lastly, what is up with viewing my map on the website and NOT having the ability to prevent other tracks from showing up as well? I i wanted to see all of yours too, i would have asked or selected the option to do so - but there is no option. This is a huge gaff. PLEASE GPSED - remove other maps when i view my own! let me select which ones to view!

very frustrating and even more disappointing. I'm now looking for an alternative solution.
    09-28-08 02:26 PM
    I ended removeing GPSED because of the lack of response from them and because you couldn't view a track on your phone and rewalk it. Also you can't zoom in to your track. Its not worth loading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 09:25 PM
    09-28-08 09:46 PM
    That's cool and all F2, bet you were one tierd guy when done, but now try to retrace that rout with a stored track on your phone, you'll find you can't.
    09-29-08 06:11 AM
    Rock.....

You are right - I don't know of gps-ed was designed for that. That's what I do with my Garmin 76cs. I still have trouble remembering the name but either BBTracker or BlackberryTracker might allow what you want. I think BBtracker will show the route and so if you wanted to walk it backwards or again you might be able to "trace" your route although I don't think it will show you off-route (with arrows indicating where to go) but you might see it on its tracing and correct your route yourself.
    09-29-08 08:44 AM
    GPSed was indicated to be a serious cause of data corruption as one time, has this now been fixed?
    10-01-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD