I noticed that GPSed doesnt have a very good rating in the BB App World and I wanted to let everyone know what I think about it. First of all the version in App World is 1.3 and it has now been updated to 2.0 (For Blackberry). The newer version works great for me, I recently used it on a trip from Oregon to Utah and it worked like a charm. Here is a link to my track;

Road Trip | Author Nerdherder | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service

There was an issue with my total calculated speed, it thinks I traveled at 800 MPH. I wasnt in a jetliner, just so you all know. For some reason it also got my total distance wrong, 16,000 miles?? I have used this while hiking on the beach and it has always gotten my distance correct in the past, so Im not sure what happened on this trip. While I was traveling it was getting my speed correct. Overall I love this app and have already bought the premium version.
    Last edited by cenloe; 02-08-10 at 07:24 PM.
    09-17-09 07:54 AM
    I just wanted to follow up and tell everyone that Shaped Services (the developers of GPSed) read my above post and decided to give me a free license key to any one of their other applications. I chose Mobiscope, I had been eyeing it for sometime and now I have a $30 app for free! Thanks Elena!!
    09-23-09 02:50 PM
    I dont think the app is too reliable I found it to be nice but now i can not upload my tracks from the Application or their website. THe site is lacking with not real forums for help. Just a FAQ and a support page that just gets longer and longer until you fill out a trouble ticket. You can share the tracks in your Application to FB/MS/Twit/Blogger but go to the website and you can share a link. YouTube has it down I can send you stupid cant VID to anyone on the same Social Networs but I cant send my GPS track?

I just don't see paying $10.00($9.95) for
    -SOS button
    -Live tracking with shorter time lag
    -Photo attaching and management in mobile application

I do like the App and will continue to use the free version however. Its a nice way to share where I am going/been with friends and family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 02:50 AM
    I just wanted to follow up and tell everyone that Shaped Services (the developers of GPSed) read my above post and decided to give me a free license key to any one of their other applications. I chose Mobiscope, I had been eyeing it for sometime and now I have a $30 app for free! Thanks Elena!!
    I think I am going to start complaint so I can get a free one too.
    01-27-10 05:52 PM
    What does GPSed do anyway?
    01-27-10 05:53 PM
    It tracks you and uploads your real-time track to a website (with username and password). You can then download that track and use it to pair up with the EXIF data in photographs. It would be nice if it had an auto-login feature so I don't have to pull over to the edge of the road if I want to start tracking. Neat program.
    02-02-10 04:22 PM
    Ever since I installed .419 GPSed hasn't allowed me to use my upgrade key. I've tried everything, even emailing Shaped Services support team. They have been excellent in getting back to me, but I've tried everything but It won't upgrade. Does anyone have any similar issues and/or a solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD