Is gpsed dead? and if so what is an alternative?
    I tried to upload my data from my blackberry and it keeps giving me a java error or something.. and try uploading to my comp via bluetooth.. the data comes over as 0 kb...
    04-15-09 09:48 PM
    I have not tried it for a while since I started using gps-logger to record tracks. It does not use an proprietary server. Although, gps-ed can skip the server and just save to another format, if I recall.
    04-15-09 11:54 PM
    i haven't tried to upload any info yet, but the site is up. I just registered yesterday. check your application security settings to make sure all connections are set to "allow".

Warning- i've noticed that this may charge you data though. i don't have any data plan or apn settings up on my phone and when i had Internet, Phone, and Location Data set to allow, I was still getting charged 9 cents every now and then from my prepaid O2 sim card. I now currently only allow bluetooth, USB, and wifi and the charges seem to have stopped but I don't know how functional GPSED will be like this.

Anyone know what all of the application security settings under Connections are for and which ones would cause data to be used even if you don't have a data plan or any APN configs setup?

-USB
    -Bluetooh
    -Phone
    -Location Data
    -Interntet
    -Wi-Fi

And what about Interactions?
    04-16-09 06:10 AM
    I just downloaded it and used it 13 minutes ago. Seems sweet.
    04-28-09 04:20 AM
    I just downloaded it and used it 13 minutes ago. Seems sweet.
    It looks like you are on verizon. How are you getting gpsed to work? It won't work on my phone. I though VZW crippled all gps on all of their phones.
    05-01-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD