very cool and yes i got google maps to locate me via gps so flippn cool. also this app is pretty cool
    02-10-09 07:27 PM
    nice. thanks
    02-10-09 07:33 PM
    Still won't find my current spot but I don't blame the app for that. Newark seems to be a dead spot for gps. 5 bars of EVDO but can't get a friken satellite!

Absolutely love Poynt so far though. Only have had it for about 10 mins now but its definitely what a great app can look like.
    02-10-09 07:42 PM
    Still won't find my current spot but I don't blame the app for that. Newark seems to be a dead spot for gps. 5 bars of EVDO but can't get a friken satellite!

Absolutely love Poynt so far though. Only have had it for about 10 mins now but its definitely what a great app can look like.
    Really? I'm close to Newark (Linden) and my Storm picks up GPS satellites fairly quickly. Maybe it's just a weird dead zone like you said lol.
    02-10-09 07:58 PM
    Go into options, change your default map program to google maps.

Make sure Poynt says "My GPS Location" on top.

Click map it, then map my search location.

Google maps puts me dead on where I am. It even shows you the cell triangulation, and where it "thinks" you are

Hope it works for everyone else.

Need some assistance:

1. Options in Poynt or on my Storm for the default map program? My Storm does not give Google Maps as an option.

2. Poynt says "Cell-Site Location" on top.

Thanks!
    02-10-09 07:59 PM
    U DA MAN!!!!
    Haha No problem. Easy find.
    02-10-09 08:01 PM
    Need some assistance:

1. Options in Poynt or on my Storm for the default map program? My Storm does not give Google Maps as an option.

2. Poynt says "Cell-Site Location" on top.

Thanks!
    Options in Poynt. And if it says cell site, your not in range for GPS. I'd go near a window/outside.
    02-10-09 08:01 PM
    Options in Poynt. And if it says cell site, your not in range for GPS. I'd go near a window/outside.
    Thanks! Guess I shoulda known better, I'm sitting in my cubicle at work! I'll try it when I get off.
    02-10-09 08:05 PM
    Thanks! Guess I shoulda known better, I'm sitting in my cubicle at work! I'll try it when I get off.
    NP! glad to help.
    02-10-09 08:09 PM
    Has anyone tried to go for a walk/drive?

Does Poynt continue to update your location on GMM as you move around? Or is it just your location when you asked Poynt to 'show me'...like SignalLoc does?
    02-10-09 08:11 PM
    Ok this is so so cool ha ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 08:11 PM
    Still shows me ~ .5 mi from where I am.
    02-10-09 08:21 PM
    Really? I'm close to Newark (Linden) and my Storm picks up GPS satellites fairly quickly. Maybe it's just a weird dead zone like you said lol.
    Once I get out of this area all of my gps apps work fine. Even my car's gps takes forever to grab a satellite around this spot. I thought it might just be my storm but I had an iphone friend test it out too, he got a big blue circle of his current location. It's either a deadzone or some massive interference going on. Having a cell tower within eyesight can't cause interference of satellite can it? For a guy that was learning about wireless frequencies to satellites last year I should probably know this huh? Lol.
    02-10-09 08:41 PM
    Newb question. Went to Options > Advanced Options > Maps. It only has BB Maps as an option. No Google Maps, and I use that almost everyday. Any help?
    THanks.
    Guess I'm a noob 2 b/c bb maps is the only option that I can select on my 9530

02-10-09 08:57 PM
    Guess I'm a noob 2 b/c bb maps is the only option that I can select on my 9530

Options in poynt
    02-10-09 08:59 PM
    Once I get out of this area all of my gps apps work fine. Even my car's gps takes forever to grab a satellite around this spot. I thought it might just be my storm but I had an iphone friend test it out too, he got a big blue circle of his current location. It's either a deadzone or some massive interference going on. Having a cell tower within eyesight can't cause interference of satellite can it? For a guy that was learning about wireless frequencies to satellites last year I should probably know this huh? Lol.
    To be honest I have no clue, but I wouldn't think cell frequencies would interfere with GPS really, even if you're close to a tower. You're not around any tall buildings or anything are you? That could stop you from grabbing a good GPS signal. That, or it's just some weird bad spot for GPS haha. But I do remember driving through Newark once or twice and my car's GPS worked fine, so I dunno...haha.
    02-10-09 09:01 PM
    why do people post something that doesnt work??? it works with bbmaps but not google maps!

you just post something to get peoples hopes up and start a argument
    02-10-09 09:15 PM
    why do people post something that doesnt work??? it works with bbmaps but not google maps!

Sorry to disappoint you but it does work with Google maps.........
    02-10-09 09:22 PM
    RadioGuinea...you rock! Thanks for the knowledge!
    02-10-09 09:24 PM
    Is google maps that much better than blackberry maps and if so, how?
    02-10-09 09:25 PM
    its working on my google maps as well.........

Also it looks like poynt only uses the gps when you load it unlike weatherbug updating all the time with gps. So that should mean that it won't run down your battery by running your gps constantly........hopefully lol
    02-10-09 09:26 PM

Its hard not to get aggrevated with people like you.
    If your having trouble, then ask for help.

To get Gmaps to work goto poynt options with BB key, then change from bb maps to google maps.
    02-10-09 09:29 PM
    I would love to use the GPS on my 8830 but Verizon wants to charge me $10 per month for VZ Navigator
    02-10-09 09:31 PM
    GPS functions without VZ Navigator.
    02-10-09 09:34 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you but it does work with Google maps.........
    im running google maps and its not using the internal gps, just the cell tower.
    my gps is on and works when using bb maps.

please oh great one, enlighten me on your wise ways.
    give me the wisdom to make it work on my crackberry, PLEASE
    02-10-09 09:37 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD