Hi guys,

I bought a curve 8310 and I love it. Recently I got my blackberry connected with Mobistar (Belgium). E-mail works fine, internet also works fine, but the GPS won't work.
    Bb maps just gives a screen with some stripes and I installed nav4all and this gives the error: "your internet connection does not work. your provider can mail you the correct settings. ask your provider to activate BISB."
    I included two shots of the the screen on my blackberry. Does anyone also uses the 8310 with mobistar or does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,
    Jurgen
    03-26-08 10:57 AM
    Have you try to call your carrier?
    03-26-08 11:52 AM
    I agree, you might try calling your carrier. It could be a problem on their end..
    03-26-08 11:55 AM
    Yes I tried to call mobistar, but the woman on the phone couldn't help me. She made a report and hopefully they will find a solution.
    But I was hoping to find someone here with the same problem :-)
    03-26-08 12:51 PM
    I have the exact same problem. You have to insist with your carrier that they provide you the BISB (bb internet service book). But you have to insist, they'll say they've never heard about it, but it's specific technical bb stuff, you have to ask the right questions to the right person. I'm still looking and asking myself, without any luck so far
    04-05-08 07:47 AM
    To see if your GPS is really working, go to Options > Advanced Options > GPS. Ensure your GPS Data Source is set to Device GPS. Hit the BB key (I dunno what it's really called) and select Refresh GPS. I recommend, if it's your first time getting the GPS to work, to do it outside with clear line of sight to the sky. It may take a few minutes. After you start getting a couple of satellites, the almanac will get updated and the next time your GPS signals will be kick in faster (this should only happen when you first use it or you have not used your GPS in 90 days or something like that; this is with all GPS devices). This should at least give you a Lat/Long so you'll know that your GPS is working.

Just out of curious, since you say that email and internet works, have you tried downloading Google Maps? Give that a try and see what happens. Google Maps shows a similar screen when it is first starting and I'm in an area where the maps haven't been downloaded. I have service through AT&T and they do not include the service book to allow Yahoo Messenger to work but I can use JiveTalk to get on Yahoo, MSN, and MySpace IM so maybe you just need to try a different program.

Derek
    04-05-08 05:45 PM
    My GPS hardware works fine, as does all internet and email functionallity. I have tried Nav4All, which is very popular and supposedly very good and simple to use, and I have tried google maps, both sithout any success. My bb ever froze on googlemaps, and reset was necessary.
    BBmaps also seems to run just fine, but instead of maps and roads and directions, all I get is a green screen with diagonal lines. When I check my connection status, I see that my bb internet connection is offline, which is almost uncanny, cause I can go online just fine.
    Please advise.
    04-06-08 03:48 AM
    I have exact same problem with my 8310. GPS works fine.

bbmaps - green lines. no maps downloaded.
    google maps - connection error stating security policy needs updating on the BES
    Nav4All - connection error

I'm on T-mobile and web browsing works fine. Perhaps something to do with a datamap but not sure what that is. Called Carrier and they couldn't assist.

Would love to get to the bottom of this...
    07-21-08 02:07 AM
    May be your media plan?
    07-21-08 02:33 AM
    I have exact same problem with my 8310. GPS works fine.

bbmaps - green lines. no maps downloaded.
    google maps - connection error stating security policy needs updating on the BES
    Nav4All - connection error

I'm on T-mobile and web browsing works fine. Perhaps something to do with a datamap but not sure what that is. Called Carrier and they couldn't assist.

Would love to get to the bottom of this...
    Check your Firewall settings.
    07-21-08 02:35 AM
    I had the same problem. My web browser was working. So i thought. What was actually going on is my berry did not have a data service book. Wap browser was still working but true data wasn't avaliable to the phone. I would make sure with your carrier that you have DATA.

In the mean time i would delete all of your service books, then pull your battery for 5 mins, re-register the phone and send it, it's service books. May have a corrupt service book.
    07-21-08 11:47 AM
    Thanks all for your replies.

I've been digging into this a little more. If I look at my service books I see 'DESKTOP [IPPP]'. I'm using BES which makes sense. Also see GPRS so there is some kind of data connection with my carrier.

So I figured what I need is 'IPPP for BIBS' too in my Service Book right? This will make the apps use the Carrier for internet traffic instead of my company's BES (BlackBerry MDS).

Firewall settings are looked by the BES (small red lock icon) so that can't be it.

I'll try the reset and see what that brings...
    07-22-08 09:09 AM
    Man... I have the same problem with my BB Bold been working on it for weeks. Nothing worked !!! ...
    Cannot use any of my downloaded application but still my GPRS service works as i can use browser perfect
    deleted my service book and took battery out and waited but didn't do anything...
    Last edited by yanapa2; 10-06-08 at 04:03 AM.
    10-06-08 03:52 AM
    I download the nav4all, but I cannot use it . The screen reads "no GPRS". I am a T-mobile user. Please help me. I try to download amaze, google map, and nav4all, but can't use any of it.
    03-07-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD