Not too long ago I noticed my BB would not find any satellites. I thought it was just a bad day or area for GPS. but it hasn't worked since. Not once.
    It won't find my location, and it wont lock on when I try "start GPS navigation". It used to work great as long as I was in my home network. I checked to make sure the GPS device was set to internal device and location was on.

Any suggestions?

8103 Alltel
    v4.5.0.160 (platform 3.4.0.41)
    06-30-09 09:10 AM
    I have hd the same issue with my phone. I think the GPS worked once since I have owned it. I am getting really frustrated with this phone and I may try to upgrade it.
    06-30-09 10:13 AM
    I've got the 8130 and the GPS never works, I can never get a satelite connection. However, I just use the get directions option in BB maps and that works fine. Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem, just sharing my experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 11:31 AM
    zcar.300
    When's the last time you removed your battery? give that a try. I use the GPS on mine very often for geocaching. I did notice it seam to take little longer to get a sat after i installed 4.5.0.160. But it seams to be running fine right now.
    07-01-09 02:22 PM
    zcar.300
    When's the last time you removed your battery? give that a try. I use the GPS on mine very often for geocaching. I did notice it seam to take little longer to get a sat after i installed 4.5.0.160. But it seams to be running fine right now.
    I've pulled the battery several times for other reasons since I noticed this problem.

Does anyone know what specific programs or services need to be installed for the GPS to run? I guess it's possible I removed something by accident. Although I haven't removed anything that says GPS.
    07-02-09 04:56 PM
    I got a new theme and installed it. Now my GPS is working. I don't know what could have caused this but it works so I'm happy.
    07-06-09 08:30 AM
    I am new to the realm of BlackBerry, but I did after 3 exhaustive days of frustration with RIM and USC's tech support got GPS to work with out help from either party.

Go into Options > Status type Test (remember to hit S twice to actually get an S) Put a check mark next to GPS and click RUN. Click the Track ball and select Start Fixing (ironic wording?) Make sure you are of course "outside with a clear view of the sky from all directions" In a minute or two it will tell you GPS fix Succeded and you will now be able to open BB Maps and use the Start GPS Navigation.

If it Fails sorry I dunno any more than that.

What I do know is that if I Alt - ESC out of BB Map I can't get a satelite again, I have to Go into the Dianostic and run the test again (complete BS) before it will lock to a set of satelittes again. Also if the phone sets for about a day without my using GPS constantly I have to redo it.

Anyone have Ideas about that?

Sorry for the lengthy post hope the helps someone!!!!
    07-07-09 08:45 AM
    I am new to the realm of BlackBerry, but I did after 3 exhaustive days of frustration with RIM and USC's tech support got GPS to work with out help from either party.

Go into Options > Status type Test (remember to hit S twice to actually get an S) Put a check mark next to GPS and click RUN. Click the Track ball and select Start Fixing (ironic wording?) Make sure you are of course "outside with a clear view of the sky from all directions" In a minute or two it will tell you GPS fix Succeded and you will now be able to open BB Maps and use the Start GPS Navigation.

If it Fails sorry I dunno any more than that.

What I do know is that if I Alt - ESC out of BB Map I can't get a satelite again, I have to Go into the Dianostic and run the test again (complete BS) before it will lock to a set of satelittes again. Also if the phone sets for about a day without my using GPS constantly I have to redo it.

Anyone have Ideas about that?

Sorry for the lengthy post hope the helps someone!!!!
    I didn't even know that was there. But the self test window is empty on mien so I guess it can't test anything.

*OK never mind I have to click the trackball after typing test.
    Last edited by zcar.300; 07-07-09 at 08:51 AM.
    07-07-09 08:49 AM
    I'm glad that is there, or my GPS would never work!!
    07-07-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD