Hello hello,
    Got headaches because I cannot find something slightly different then a standard GPS tracker for my Storm. I do not want to track my son, my wife or my dog from my laptop or I do not want to see where are my g-latitude buddies. I want to SAVE the trajectory of any trip..let's say driving from NYC to LA, then overlap the saved trip on some kind of mapping software or just google maps.

The "saved file" should be convertible to a txt/xls file, and ideally have lat/long coordinates sampled from time to time...like a trip logger.....

Am I asking stupid questions or such an app already exist, indeed?

Best regards to all Stormers and GPSers.

pipino
    Last edited by pipino; 07-22-09 at 01:56 PM. Reason: clarity
    07-22-09 01:42 PM
    Digging and digging I found this from the gpsed page:

Please note that Verizon blocks access to GPS via in-built receivers for all third parties applications. Therefore GPSed is not functioning for Verizon devices with built-in receivers. You may try using GPSed with external GPS receiver.

So gpsed is out of discussion(?): don't want an external receiver....
    07-22-09 04:06 PM
    I thought that the Storm gps could be used (it and Tour are supposedly UNlocked).

Check out gpslogger - it does what you want.
    07-22-09 04:51 PM
    I thought that the Storm gps could be used (it and Tour are supposedly UNlocked).

Check out gpslogger - it does what you want.
    Thank you very much Ed for reply...I amprogressing quickly: GPSED works perfect on my Storm, then I opened the trip log as GPX file on the Garmin MapSource software....what a beauty....

..I'll check also gpslogger tonight...thanks again...

pipino
    07-23-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD